HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Hockey’s Future Organizational Rankings, Spring 2012: 21-30

Old
05-29-2012, 11:14 AM
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson

vCash: 500
Hockey’s Future Organizational Rankings, Spring 2012: 21-30

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ing-2012-21-30

It looks like some teams Organizational Rankings really plummeted because of graduations.

Suprised to see Calgary at 23. It does seem like some of their prospects have improved tho and Baertschi seems like a stud. 3 goals in 5 games last year in his emergency call up not bad.

Any people suprised by some of these rankings or not at all?

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:18 AM
syc

How can the Bluejackets be 29th? They have been bad forever. Obviously they aren't great at drafting but give me a break. Even bad drafting should give you more then what they have.

Is that GM fired yet?

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
How can the Bluejackets be 29th? They have been bad forever. Obviously they aren't great at drafting but give me a break. Even bad drafting should give you more then what they have.

Is that GM fired yet?
Columbus is who jumped out at me also, they must not spend much money on scouts cause they're not pulling anything out of the later rounds it seems.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:

Is that GM fired yet?
They lost Johansen and Moore to graduate, any prospect pool would look terrible if it lost the crown jewels.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
They lost Johansen and Moore to graduate, any prospect pool would look terrible if it lost the crown jewels.
Criticism stands because they don't do a whole lot with their later picks.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

I'm not trying to pick on the Blue Jackets Organization but man their drafting has really sucked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ts_draft_picks

Right there is a link to all of their draft picks in their history, when only 4/10 1st round picks are still with your organization after 11 years and 5/10 ended up busting know you're in trouble. And the fact that they have a hard time finding any players after the 3rd round they're not going to do well.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Fire Benning

Canucks occupy their usual 25-30 spot. I don't know if they've ever gotten out of there since you've been doing this

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
My minor nitpick for those who want to be somewhat suprised while reading this is to start with 30 at the top then work your way down instead of vice versa

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Canucks occupy their usual 25-30 spot. I don't know if they've ever gotten out of there since you've been doing this
Is there any evidence they should be higher? Seems about right to me, there top 5 is a bunch of solid prospects, but none elite that scream first liner and maybe lucky to hit second liner.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
My minor nitpick for those who want to be somewhat suprised while reading this is to start with 30 at the top then work your way down instead of vice versa
Yeah I would prefer that as well. I went to the bottom of the page real fast so I wouldn't know who was before

And yeah the Blue Jackets drafting has been terrible wow.

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
BATJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Totally agree. I have to look away and quickly scroll down to the bottom and work my way up.

BATJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATJAM View Post
Totally agree. I have to look away and quickly scroll down to the bottom and work my way up.
I 4th that!

I've looked at these lists for a lot of years and if there's one thing I've noticed is it's better to not be in the top 10. I'm not sure why but it seems the Oilers have been in the top half of this list since the dawn of time and it's never translated into any on ice success I'll tell you that.

I think in most cases you don't have anyone past your top 2 or 3 on the list that will really make a future impact on the NHL team. Also must have something to do with the really good young players coming out of prospect status on hfboards. So making a good impact on the NHL team and subsequently not being included in this list and dropping the team ranking. While the players who don't make the NHL quick stay on prospect status bumping their team up the list. But inherently never go on to make much impact on their NHL team.

I'd be interested to see for poops and giggles this done on all players under an age of 22 or something. To see if it could accurately depict a teams trend in the standings over several years. Some kind of relationship etc.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
When I clicked the link I expected Sharks to be last. But..

Quote:
27. Washington Capitals

Top 5 Prospects: 1. Yevgeni Kuznetsov, RW, 2. Braden Holtby, G, 3. Dmitri Orlov, D, 4. Cody Eakin, C, 5. Stanislav Galiev, LW
I understand they don't have a lot of depth but still, 27th?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
State of Hockey

I'd have the Caps higher than 27th for sure. Colorado seems to be a few spots too low as well.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:16 PM
HoseEmDown

I'm glad to see TB is out of the bottom third. SY is making things happen.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:26 PM
wickedwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
When I clicked the link I expected Sharks to be last. But..

I understand they don't have a lot of depth but still, 27th?
HF doesn't particularly like most of these players. Kuznetsov wasn't top 5. Holtby was only ranked mid-30s. Orlov (and Eakin and Galiev) didn't even get honorable mentions. If they don't think much of the players individually, then it makes a little bit of sense. I personally disagree, especially with Orlov and Holtby.

wickedwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I'm not trying to pick on the Blue Jackets Organization but man their drafting has really sucked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ts_draft_picks

Right there is a link to all of their draft picks in their history, when only 4/10 1st round picks are still with your organization after 11 years and 5/10 ended up busting know you're in trouble. And the fact that they have a hard time finding any players after the 3rd round they're not going to do well.
I use this argument constantly when posters (mostly montreal fans) try to justify Yakapov slipping to third because Columbus has had a terrible time with russian draftees.

Folks, its not just russians they have issues drafting and developing, its everyone.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Is that GM fired yet?
To be fair they did lose 2009 and 2010 first round picks to graduation and they didn't have a 2011 first rounder since they traded it for Jeff Carter (but trade but even still it eventually netted them a good young offensive defenseman in Jack Johnson). So with no 2009, 2010, or 2011 first rounders available it would figure they'd have a bad prospect pool since that reflects the bulk of most team's high quality "prospects" but that doesn't necessarily reflect the lack of longterm hope for Columbus since Moore and Johansen will presumably improve significantly upon their rookie performances.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:37 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
'Nucks, Caps and maybe Avs are all too low IMO. Surprised to see Calgary so high, but its true they have improved. Hopefully they will continue at this years draft.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Not true. Ducks lost Fowler and Sbisa and Gardiner (top 3 prospects) at the same time and they went up in the rankings

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:15 PM
DJB

vCash: 8579
How the heck is the Caps that low? They have some good prospects...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
I won't argue with the Sharks having the worst prospect pool, but they really messed up on the order of our prospects.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Jackets have actually been drafting decently under Howson (in the later rounds). Found some players that look to be NHL players like Kubalik, Calvert, Savard, Atkinson, maybe TJ Tynan. Our goalies suck, and we don't have any top of the line prospects B/c they all graduated and we gave up our 1st pick in the Carter trade. I'm sure they'll shoot up the rankings after this draft, especially if they get a second top pick for Nash. Ending up with Yakupov and another top prospect will do wonders for this ranking.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Obligatory "my team is underrated".

Although seriously, Montreal, Calgary and NJD ahead of the Avs?

Some amateur reporting going on in these articles. Sefan Elliot is the Avs new #1 prospect I suppose, supplanting Stefan Elliott.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Its actually Comical that the Avs are behind Calgary, and so far back.

I really hope this only takes into account prospects, and not recently graduated forwards like Landeskog Duchene, Oreilly etc.

If this looks at the team as a whole, its comical to say the least.

Even just prospects, the Avs have 4 very promising Defensive propsects, and 2/3 decent forward prospects, aswell as 3 decent Goalie prospects.

Comical, HF Writers /scouts/whatever they are, are absolutly horrible.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote