HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Around The League: Part IV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  #51
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,736
vCash: 500
Lightning acquire Anders Lindback (and spare parts) for two 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder.

Pretty steep price for a relatively unproven goalie IMO.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 03:36 PM
  #52
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Looks like they're hoping to snag some of Nashville's good goaltending fortunes.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:16 PM
  #53
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I could see Lindback being quite good. I hope he does well, except when we're playing them.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  #54
Gm0ney
Registered User
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I could see Lindback being quite good. I hope he does well, except when we're playing them.
Yeah, I've been pretty impressed with Lindback on the the few occasions I've seen him. The Lightning are the parent club of the AHL champion Norfolk Admirals - they had quite a few young prospects contributing down there this year. Cory Conacher and Tyler Johnson looked real good. So maybe two 2nds and a 3rd isn't too steep a price if the prospect cupboard is full and they're set on Lindback...

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:40 PM
  #55
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
at first i thought they got the good Wilson.

I still hope we manage to get him somehow...

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
  #56
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday
Barret Jackman gets 3-year deal from St. Louis worth $9.5 million.
Jackman won't hit the market.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
  #57
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Jackman won't hit the market.
Good signing by Blues. Decent dollars and term.

Adds some stability to their d corps - with AP and shattenkirk.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:56 AM
  #58
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,064
vCash: 50
Great deal for the Blues. He's getting less than Oduya!

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:32 AM
  #59
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun
 
Becel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Looks like Teemu will be back for one more year. No question it will be in Anaheim.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398717

Rumours of the schedule being released as soon as this afternoon as well. Reporter in Dallas is tweeting the Stars opening games.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/6/1...uesday-release

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
  #60
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun
 
Becel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
"I'm pretty sure they're working on a schedule next year," he said. "It's coming out on Thursday and I know it says the Predators will play 82 games. Everyone's been through this before and I'm not trying to be too funny about this or downplay it or what have you. Life moves on. Good things happen and bad things happen to franchises.
http://www.foxsportstennessee.com/06...82&feedID=3723

So maybe Thursday for the schedule... the day before the draft, the same as the last few years.

I can't every remember being this excited for a schedule release before. Can't wait to see which games I'm going to aim to go to.

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
  #61
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy

Via Ken Campbell, Rick Nash's agent is meeting with CBJ GM Scott Howson at 3pm - Howson will talk to media at 5pm

Interesting. I wonder if things are coming to a close here?


Perhaps not. A couple hours ago Mark Spector tweeted the following,

Quote:
Howson: "No hurry to trade Nash." Admits, if not dealt by mid-July, likely coming back. He won't be rushed.
I'll be a bit surprised if Nash isn't traded tonight/tomorrow, I think with the draft being here there may be a prospect or two available that Columbus will want, and to do that they'll need a teams pick. We'll see. It will be interesting. There seems to be a hold-up in terms of Nash, Ryan, Staal. Once one domino goes, the others may go quickly, I think.


Last edited by Guerzy: 06-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:07 PM
  #62
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,064
vCash: 50
I'm not going to post the tweet, but the Oilers twitter account said that Tambolini is going to meet the press this afternoon.

May just be to tell everyone again that he won't trade the pick, or to let everyone know what he had for lunch, I don't know.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
  #63
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I'm not going to post the tweet, but the Oilers twitter account said that Tambolini is going to meet the press this afternoon.

May just be to tell everyone again that he won't trade the pick, or to let everyone know what he had for lunch, I don't know.
I hate pressers where they just say "nothing's changed." Blah, don't even have one.

And I just realized ONCE AGAIN that we have a team and get to draft players, and may even trade around. I keep forgetting because I've watched the draft for so many years with some passing interest. Just got super excited.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM
  #64
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie: Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie: If Staal won't re-up in PIT, where he loves it, not expected to extend with anyone else who may trade for him. Except perhaps Carolina. #bro
Without much doubt now, Jordan will end up in Carolina with Eric, most likely this summer. If not, it'll be next. Pens are in tough on this one, zero bargaining power or leverage. Trade him now, during the season, or he'll walk one year from now.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:46 PM
  #65
MrWigglez
Registered User
 
MrWigglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Dont know if this was posted elsewhere, but it appears Stall doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh for the long term

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398922

Edit: Oh haha slightly too slow!

MrWigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
  #66
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
I think there are more options outside of Carolina for Jordan.

I just don't see him wanting to play his career out with his brother. Atleast not right now, he's getting out of Pittsburgh because of depth issues. Does he really want to go to Carolina just to play behind Eric? Maybe he plays with him at the end of his career ala Niedermayer.

I think he'd be more interested in the #1 C jobs available to him on a vast majority of NHL rosters.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  #67
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I think there are more options outside of Carolina for Jordan.

I just don't see him wanting to play his career out with his brother. Atleast not right now, he's getting out of Pittsburgh because of depth issues. Does he really want to go to Carolina just to play behind Eric? Maybe he plays with him at the end of his career ala Niedermayer.

I think he'd be more interested in the #1 C jobs available to him on a vast majority of NHL rosters.
Wow we are really on the same page today. I don't buy that 'want to play with my bro' shtick. These guys played plenty together in their lives. I am more inclined to believe that Staal wants to be the man somewhere, and he's certainly not going to get that in Pittsburgh playing under the shadows of Crosby and Malkin. I also don't think he wants to be 'Eric's little brother' in Carolina.

I bet if the Jets pitched him right we'd have a shot at him. We are pretty close to T Bay after all

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
  #68
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
I am the complete opposite of you's, I say Jordan does want to play with Eric in Carolina.

Edit: Pierre LeBrun just said one GM told him "make no mistake, Eric and Jordan want to play together".

We'll see where this all goes.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  #69
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I am the complete opposite of you's, I say Jordan does want to play with Eric in Carolina.

Edit: Pierre LeBrun just said one GM told him "make no mistake, Eric and Jordan want to play together".

We'll see where this all goes.
The thing about that reporting is if they ask either brother, "Would you like to play with each other?" They'd say, "Yeah!" I bet Marc would too. I just think it's the nature of the question and then how they choose to report it.

I just think the reality is Jordan will be going somewhere where he won't be second fiddle. I also love the idea of him becoming a Jet.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:12 PM
  #70
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
You'll see soon enough.

Either it happens this summer or next, in my opinion. I'd say this summer.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
  #71
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,736
vCash: 500
I'm in agreement that I can't see J. Staal wanting to go to another team where he'd be a #2 C considering he just turned down 10 years/60 million to play a reduced role on the Pens.

I'm also not a fan of the whole "guess what some random GM told me anonymously..." shtick that LeBrun, Dreger and others do. IMO, GM's use the media to mind**** with fans and rival GM's more than they do to pass on random tidbits of information. For example, maybe a team like the Leafs (who also might want Staal) said that line about the brothers wanting to play together in hopes that it would discourage other teams from driving up the price, leaving only the Leafs and Canes bidding for him.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
  #72
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,297
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I am the complete opposite of you's, I say Jordan does want to play with Eric in Carolina.

Edit: Pierre LeBrun just said one GM told him "make no mistake, Eric and Jordan want to play together".

We'll see where this all goes.
im going to side with G here, i cant see him playing anywhere else other then Carolina. Correct me if i am wrong but is the Staal family not really religious and family orientated?

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
  #73
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Jim Rutherford has also already said publicly that he would move Eric to the wing, where he has played before (Olympics) and looked quite good.

We'll see, nothing is a given but I am really interested to see how this plays out.


Last edited by Guerzy: 06-21-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  #74
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,747
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Wow we are really on the same page today. I don't buy that 'want to play with my bro' shtick. These guys played plenty together in their lives. I am more inclined to believe that Staal wants to be the man somewhere, and he's certainly not going to get that in Pittsburgh playing under the shadows of Crosby and Malkin. I also don't think he wants to be 'Eric's little brother' in Carolina.

I bet if the Jets pitched him right we'd have a shot at him. We are pretty close to T Bay after all
Do I get some kind of mod points for this?

Great minds think alike man.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  #75
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I'm in agreement that I can't see J. Staal wanting to go to another team where he'd be a #2 C considering he just turned down 10 years/60 million to play a reduced role on the Pens.

I'm also not a fan of the whole "guess what some random GM told me anonymously..." shtick that LeBrun, Dreger and others do. IMO, GM's use the media to mind**** with fans and rival GM's more than they do to pass on random tidbits of information. For example, maybe a team like the Leafs (who also might want Staal) said that line about the brothers wanting to play together in hopes that it would discourage other teams from driving up the price, leaving only the Leafs and Canes bidding for him.
I'm with you, man. I think it's become very avant garde and easy to say 'I heard a player/ coach/ GM/ owner say this or that'. You get to sound like you are in the know and never have to back it up. I like to give Lebrun the benefit of the doubt since he broke the NHL's return to Winnipeg but I just don't really give too many guys outside Bob McKenzie any real cred with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
You'll see soon enough.

Either it happens this summer or next, in my opinion. I'd say this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I am the complete opposite of you's, I say Jordan does want to play with Eric in Carolina.

Edit: Pierre LeBrun just said one GM told him "make no mistake, Eric and Jordan want to play together".

We'll see where this all goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Jim Rutherford has also already said publicly that he would move Eric to the wing, where he has played before (Olympics) and looked quite good.

We'll see, nothing is a given but I am really interested to see how this plays out.
Sorry, Guerz, but to me this smacks of someone who loves the Canes really wanting it to happen.

I know that when something positive may potentially happen with the Jets I will infer anything and use any tidbit to support the chance of it happening. It's human nature. (Kinda like me thinking that Jordan might sign here )

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.