HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Latendresse rights to Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
  #26
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Dude, I think I'm a better skater than Tender, he is really slow.
Molasses.



You also have to remember his groin is injured 95% of the time he plays.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:57 PM
  #27
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 152
I don't see Minny paying a + on latendresse. Either a fair swap or they'll sign him and monitor his injury.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:26 PM
  #28
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Woaw, let's not underrate Latendresse.

He's more skilled than MacArthur, but a lot more bigger and physical. Exactly the type of player we need on the 2nd line, a power forward.
Not sure what evidence you have of him being more skilled than MacArthur. Forty points is Guy's career high.

Additionally, who cares how big he is if he can't stay healthy?

This reminds me of the time the Leafs traded for Owen Nolan. Good player when healthy.. but he never was for the buds and we wasted assets on acquiring the guy.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:34 PM
  #29
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Not sure what evidence you have of him being more skilled than MacArthur. Forty points is Guy's career high.

Additionally, who cares how big he is if he can't stay healthy?

This reminds me of the time the Leafs traded for Owen Nolan. Good player when healthy.. but he never was for the buds and we wasted assets on acquiring the guy.
27 goals, very good shot and hands.

And I think he'll stay healthy. The last time he just made a come back too fast.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:38 PM
  #30
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
At 2.5, there's no way Minny doesn't QO him.




You seem to be missing a few players who you already have under contract. Those that you've left out also have some significant salary attached to them. Connolly 4.5, MacA 3.25, Lombardi 3.5, Army 3.0, Bozak 1.5.

Lupul Connolly Kessel
MacA Garbo Kulemin
Armstrong Bozak Fratten/Lombardi
Brown Steckel Fratten/Lombardi

So unless you plan on trading ALL of them (which is possible as they all hold some value), your lineup won't look like that. Additionally, the whole 2nd line kinda stunk it up last year. I'd honestly give them another chance before blowing it up. And if you're not giving Kulemin 2nd line time, trade him. He still holds value as a 2nd liner who is very sound in his own zone.
atleast 2 of the players you mentioned aren't likely to be Leafs next year Mac army and Bozak the most likely to be on the way out

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
  #31
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
the guy has played 27 games the past 2 seasons combined so why do we want him?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
  #32
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
27 goals, very good shot and hands.

And I think he'll stay healthy. The last time he just made a come back too fast.
Unless you're a doctor, you hope he stays healthy.


When MacArthur moves on for the Leafs, my hope is that it's one of the kids on the farm that replaces him.. not some guy who spends the majority of his time rehabbing injuries.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:41 PM
  #33
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Unless you're a doctor, you hope he stays healthy.


When MacArthur moves on for the Leafs, my hope is that it's one of the kids on the farm that replaces him.. not some guy who spends the majority of his time rehabbing injuries.
My hope is that it's Ryan Clowe

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
  #34
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
My hope is that it's Ryan Clowe
This.

Kadri-Grabovski-Clowe would be awesome.

But if we can't get Clowe, Latendresse would be a good option. Or both. You never have too many big players.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:50 PM
  #35
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Unless you're a doctor, you hope he stays healthy.


When MacArthur moves on for the Leafs, my hope is that it's one of the kids on the farm that replaces him.. not some guy who spends the majority of his time rehabbing injuries.
Kadri needs 2nd/3rd line time very shortly or he's not going to every do anything.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:51 PM
  #36
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 50
Lats had one good year that proved he could be a player that anyone would want in their top six. Unfortunately that was followed by more suck. He knows his value isn't there. He might be willing to take less than his qualifying money on a year deal to prove he can stay healthy and contribute in a place he's comfortable he'll get top six minutes. No doubt at all he'd be top six on the Wild when skating healthy.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
  #37
gdg9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
This reminds me of the time the Leafs traded for Owen Nolan. Good player when healthy.. but he never was for the buds and we wasted assets on acquiring the guy.
Except he's only 25, about to enter the prime years of his career, not the twilight of it like Nolan was.



Latendresse would be a worthy risk for the Leafs to take on, given his age and potential with his mix of size and skill.

He's not worth given up major assets for, but if Minny doesn't qualify him I'd be all for signing him.

gdg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
  #38
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
The Wild as well as the remainder of the league noticed how effective a big powerful team can be based upon the Kings finals run. If the Wild were going to cut ties and move him I would say they would have to get value in return and that value would be based upon his play two years ago when he was one of the top power forwards in the league from November on.

Besides, the Wild season fell apart in December because of the injuries and lack of depth so it's doubtful they would deal a young player who while he has had two straight injury plagued seasons can't be faulted for the concussion he suffered this year.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
  #39
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg9 View Post
Except he's only 25, about to enter the prime years of his career, not the twilight of it like Nolan was.



Latendresse would be a worthy risk for the Leafs to take on, given his age and potential with his mix of size and skill.

He's not worth given up major assets for, but if Minny doesn't qualify him I'd be all for signing him.
And put him where in the lineup?

Based on his "mix of size and skill" that was clearly evident during his (career high) 40 point season (2 years ago) he'll surely challenge for top 6 minutes, right?

Don't let my sarcasm fool you.. I think he can be an effective 3rd liner (if healthy)... but we simply don't have room. And considering we finished with the 5th worst record in the league last year... I think it would be more beneficial to have a spot open for a couple of our youngsters to compete for rather than sign a guy who has a high likelihood of spending a good chunk of the season in the IR or pressbox.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  #40
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Lat is not worth that much.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
  #41
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Isn't the expectation that he won't be qualified? In that case, he becomes a UFA, and the Leafs can sign him for free.
This IF you want him....but why?

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
  #42
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I would say they would have to get value in return and that value would be based upon his play two years ago when he was one of the top power forwards in the league from November on.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
  #43
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg9 View Post
Except he's only 25, about to enter the prime years of his career, not the twilight of it like Nolan was.



Latendresse would be a worthy risk for the Leafs to take on, given his age and potential with his mix of size and skill.

He's not worth given up major assets for, but if Minny doesn't qualify him I'd be all for signing him.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
And put him where in the lineup?

Based on his "mix of size and skill" that was clearly evident during his (career high) 40 point season (2 years ago) he'll surely challenge for top 6 minutes, right?

Don't let my sarcasm fool you.. I think he can be an effective 3rd liner (if healthy)... but we simply don't have room. And considering we finished with the 5th worst record in the league last year... I think it would be more beneficial to have a spot open for a couple of our youngsters to compete for rather than sign a guy who has a high likelihood of spending a good chunk of the season in the IR or pressbox.
We have place on the 2nd and 3rd line. I think he could be a very effective 2nd liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
This IF you want him....but why?
Because we don't have a 25 years old big power forward with very good potential?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
  #44
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,575
vCash: 500
I can't see Burke trying to get Latendresse no matter if he traded for his rights or if he wasn't given a qualified offer by the Wild and became a UFA on July 1, 2012.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:24 PM
  #45
Bookman
Registered User
 
Bookman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 1000
It would be best for both teams if the Wild just hung onto him.

Big Bear!

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
  #46
gdg9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
And put him where in the lineup?
Based on his "mix of size and skill" that was clearly evident during his (career high) 40 point season (2 years ago) he'll surely challenge for top 6 minutes, right?

Don't let my sarcasm fool you.. I think he can be an effective 3rd liner (if healthy)... but we simply don't have room. And considering we finished with the 5th worst record in the league last year... I think it would be more beneficial to have a spot open for a couple of our youngsters to compete for rather than sign a guy who has a high likelihood of spending a good chunk of the season in the IR or pressbox.
He'd be a better fit in the top 6 than MacArthur, which frees MacArthur up to be dealt.

Let the kids battle it out with the overpaid vets for the 3rd line (Frattin, Colborne, Carter, Kadri vs. Connolly, Bozak, Lombardi, Armstrong, etc...).
MLSE has the $ to bury the vets in the minors if they lose that battle.


And if he does end up spending time on the IR, that actually opens up another spot for a youngster.

gdg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
  #47
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,411
vCash: 827
Most Wild fans, including myself, love Lats. If we don't re-sign him not only will I be super pissed, but I guarantee the Wild will regret it. This guy is an awesome power forward when he's healthy. Assuming we give him another chance, I'd give almost anything for a full season of "Big Bear" just so he can prove the naysayers wrong.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:18 PM
  #48
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,903
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Most Wild fans, including myself, love Lats. If we don't re-sign him not only will I be super pissed, but I guarantee the Wild will regret it. This guy is an awesome power forward when he's healthy. Assuming we give him another chance, I'd give almost anything for a full season of "Big Bear" just so he can prove the naysayers wrong.
and everyone can laugh at you when you're wrong. Look at his career and tell me with a straight face he's more likely to have a healthy and successful season than he is to have a horrible season (whether by just being ineffective as he was in Montreal or getting injured). Most Wild fans are completely unrealistic about their expectations. It isn't laughable that other teams' fanbases would be less than enthusiastic about signing him.

He proved he can score in the right circumstances and on top of that he was very physical on the Wild--not a throw away player by any stretch but still not the all star candidate Wild fans sound like they think he is. Sounds like he is indeed doing the smart thing and looking for a short "prove it" deal so it shouldn't be much of a risk for anyone willing to cut him a check. Again, I'd have to imagine he'd be more likely to sign somewhere he's a clear-cut add to the second line but with his style of play he wouldn't be useless on a third line, either, IMO.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
  #49
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
I like the guy, seems like a class act. I've also turned the page on #48, and would be surprised to see him wearing the green and white next season. I don't fault him for basically missing all of last season with a concussion. But the hard fact is you can't help your team while on IR. I personally think that Fletcher will try to replace Tender via free agency(i.e. Hudler, David Jones or PA Parenteau) for secondary scoring. If Fletcher feels he needs to grit up the top 6? I believe Dustin Penner could get a call from the 651 area code if he is posting his resume on monster.com come July 1st. Not saying that is my dream signing, but he does manage to lace up his skates the majority of the time before games. Unfortunately that has become a sought after luxury here.

Top 6(assuming Butch is done)
Heater-Koivu-Seto
Granlund-Cullen-UFA signer

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:13 PM
  #50
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I like the guy, seems like a class act. I've also turned the page on #48, and would be surprised to see him wearing the green and white next season. I don't fault him for basically missing all of last season with a concussion. But the hard fact is you can't help your team while on IR. I personally think that Fletcher will try to replace Tender via free agency(i.e. Hudler, David Jones or PA Parenteau) for secondary scoring. If Fletcher feels he needs to grit up the top 6? I believe Dustin Penner could get a call from the 651 area code if he is posting his resume on monster.com come July 1st. Not saying that is my dream signing, but he does manage to lace up his skates the majority of the time before games. Unfortunately that has become a sought after luxury here.

Top 6(assuming Butch is done)
Heater-Koivu-Seto
Granlund-Cullen-UFA signer
Would you do MacArthur for Latendresse+? And if yes, what would be the +?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.