HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Latendresse rights to Toronto

Old
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
I honestly don't know jack about MacArthur. Based solely on his stats to $$$ ratio I'll say probably not. Although Clarke may be a better value than any free agent available this season. So I'm going to pull a Mitt Romney and answer that with a "definite maybe"

On an unrelated note Dustin Brown has the most pathetic playoff beard.

*-*- forgot about the +. How about a gift certificate to The Hotbox Cafe?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Sniper99
STEPAN!!!!!!

vCash: 500
No way would I trade MacArthur for Latendresse.

Sniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Gui Latendresse ‏@thetender48

Doc send me home saying that im at 100% and better than before my concussion, he predict my best season haha really exciting.
Kinda leaning towards the tender the Tender strategy now, if that tweet is backed up by some medical scientist person. As some Wild fans in another thread mention he is still a source of offense on the ice. Brings a physicality aspect. Likes being a part of the Wild organization. And not least at all, potentially him wing partnered with the Finnish Baby Jesus created a puddle of drool I'm still mopping up.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Al Lagoon

vCash: 50
A hungry player with a lot to prove on a one year deal sounds like a good formula for productivity.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:06 AM
veedubn1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg9 View Post
He'd be a better fit in the top 6 than MacArthur, which frees MacArthur up to be dealt.

Let the kids battle it out with the overpaid vets for the 3rd line (Frattin, Colborne, Carter, Kadri vs. Connolly, Bozak, Lombardi, Armstrong, etc...).
MLSE has the $ to bury the vets in the minors if they lose that battle.

And if he does end up spending time on the IR, that actually opens up another spot for a youngster.
Based on what body of work?

He has done nothing in his NHL career to suggest he can fit on the 2nd line of a winning hockey team.

If the guy could stay healthy and put up 55 points in a season I could see your point.. but that hasn't happened.

And stop thinking that Burke can/will just bury anyone and everyone in the minors.. he won't do it. He's stated before that he doesn't feel it sends the right message to free agents that if they under perform they'll be riding the bus with the Marlies.

To date, the only significant contract he put in the minors was Jeff Finger.. and that was because the Leafs had 6-7 players with one-way contracts that out played Finger in training camp.

Additionally, what message does Burke send to his employers if he were to bury guys like Armstrong or Connolly (two of Burke's FA signings) to the minors?

The real world has repercussions. Just because MLSE has a big wallet doesn't mean it likes to use it to cover up mistakes. People with this mindset remind me of 17 year olds who took their rich parent's Escalade out for a joyride without permission, wrapped it around a pole and then look up at their father after he picks them up from the police station and says; " I don't see what the big deal is... let's just buy a new SUV."

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Al Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post

He has done nothing in his NHL career to suggest he can fit on the 2nd line of a winning hockey team.
This would be equally valid for MacArthur.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Based on what body of work?

If the guy could stay healthy and put up 55 points in a season I could see your point.. but that hasn't happened.

And stop thinking that Burke can/will just bury anyone and everyone in the minors.. he won't do it. He's stated before that he doesn't feel it sends the right message to free agents that if they under perform they'll be riding the bus with the Marlies.

To date, the only significant contract he put in the minors was Jeff Finger.. and that was because the Leafs had 6-7 players with one-way contracts that out played Finger in training camp.

Additionally, what message does Burke send to his employers if he were to bury guys like Armstrong or Connolly (two of Burke's FA signings) to the minors?

The real world has repercussions. Just because MLSE has a big wallet doesn't mean it likes to use it to cover up mistakes. People with this mindset remind me of 17 year olds who took their rich parent's Escalade out for a joyride without permission, wrapped it around a pole and then look up at their father after he picks them up from the police station and says; " I don't see what the big deal is... let's just buy a new SUV."
So scoring 25 goals in 55 games isn't good enough to play on a 2nd line?

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote