HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Female Problems Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 03:56 PM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
god i hate drake, poser ass mutha****a

Old
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
god i hate drake, poser ass mutha****a
This is a real ma****a right here:

Old
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
This one guy in 2002 would shoot at my head every game in warmup, thinking it was funny. I asked him to stop, as others did, but he persisted. I finally told him if he continues to put me at risk I'll do the same to him. Next game, high shot and laughter. When he came in for a deke he got a two handed slash across the gloves. The other team stops warming up, stunned. My guys tell our forward that the goalie, me, is fed up and ready to leave. He found our sponsor, so his assclown behavior had always been somewhat overlooked. We played four more games without incident, and he wasn't invited back the next season. I didn't hurt him at all, just made it clear I had had enough. Not a bad guy, just stupid.
Good Lord. A guy just kept shooting at his own goalie's head in warm ups for fun?

What the hell?

Old
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

So last night I went out bowling and scored 177. Which is funny because before 2 weeks ago, I'm pretty sure I had only bowled 8 or 9 times in my entire life and I wasn't nearly as good (I think the highest I had scored before that was around 90).

You think you know everything about yourself, and this happens .

Old
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Bowling still exists? I can't even remember seeing a bowling ally in the last 10 years. SO 90's.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
"Mega Shark versus Crocasauraus" is starting on the Space Channel right now. Y'all know you can't miss that.

06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Good Lord. A guy just kept shooting at his own goalie's head in warm ups for fun?

What the hell?
Yeah. I'm outgoing and almost never in a bad mood. He thought I was funny when I was mad.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

NugentHopkinsfan:

I hate to ask this question, but how old are you?

Last edited by Reverend Mayhem: 06-01-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Yeah. I'm outgoing and almost never in a bad mood. He thought I was funny when I was mad.
I think he'd look funny with no teeth. Sherwood sandwich time?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
NugentHopkinsfan:

I hate to ask this question, but how old are you?
It doesn't matter what my age is!

20 > 24 to give you a general idea.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
It doesn't matter what my age is!

20 > 24 to give you a general idea.
Ok, just checking. Every time I go bowling, there are people 6, 7 years older than me that make up most of the people there. It must just be you then who don't go bowling

Old
06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Hey guys.

Ever wonder how old you get before the hair on your ears begins to sprout and needs to be trimmed?

Turns out it's 38.

I'm going to go kill myself now.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
aandbreatheme

Okay since there is a lot of gentlemen on these boards, I was hoping for some advice about a boy I sorta like (I think...)

Okay, well on the way home from class (this was about 2 weeks ago), a guy from my Biology class came up to me and said "Hello"/"You're in my Biology class, right?"/"I always see you on the skytrain"/"What did you think of the test"/"Blah, blah, blah" as we both got off the skytrain, and since then he comes over to sit with me in class and we usually go home together on the bus/skytrain. He also asked if I wanted to exchange phone numbers (I don't know why exactly). Now when we're walking through the halls he seems to know quite a few people (a couple of them being girls). From this, I think he's an outgoing, sociable guy (perhaps someone who may flirt with everyone...? )

What do I make of this? Is he just being nice to me for the hell of it? I mean, he's the one who approached me... (I'm a pretty shy person)

Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Okay since there is a lot of gentlemen on these boards, I was hoping for some advice about a boy I sorta like (I think...)

Okay, well on the way home from class (this was about 2 weeks ago), a guy from my Biology class came up to me and said "Hello"/"You're in my Biology class, right?"/"I always see you on the skytrain"/"What did you think of the test"/"Blah, blah, blah" as we both got off the skytrain, and since then he comes over to sit with me in class and we usually go home together on the bus/skytrain. He also asked if I wanted to exchange phone numbers (I don't know why exactly). Now when we're walking through the halls he seems to know quite a few people (a couple of them being girls). From this, I think he's an outgoing, sociable guy (perhaps someone who may flirt with everyone...? )

What do I make of this? Is he just being nice to me for the hell of it? I mean, he's the one who approached me... (I'm a pretty shy person)
No.

He's not being nice to you for the hell of it. He's into you. Is this not what kids do to show interest now...?

*edit* And you "sorta" like him? You know (at a subconscious level at least) that he likes you.

We like those who like us. It's basic human nature.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:

You probably don't want to date a guy who takes public transit. That's not a diss to everyone who does but if he can't afford a car he can't afford to buy you stuff and treat you right. In that case you're just wasting your time. You also have to ask yourself if you want to date somebody in science because we all know they don't exactly make a lot of money and tend to be uninteresting.

My advice is to find out what his parents do, his future plans, his job status, athletic abilities and so on before you commit to any sort of date. Or you could Facebook stalk him.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:52 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

Quote:
You probably don't want to date a guy who takes public transit. That's not a diss to everyone who does but if he can't afford a car he can't afford to buy you stuff and treat you right. In that case you're just wasting your time. You also have to ask yourself if you want to date somebody in science because we all know they don't exactly make a lot of money and tend to be uninteresting.

My advice is to find out what his parents do, his future plans, his job status, athletic abilities and so on before you commit to any sort of date. Or you could Facebook stalk him.

This is a college kid, genius. They're all broke; they're paying for school or living with their parents.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:52 PM
kanuck87

Quote:

Maybe they're still in high school. In any case, just because someone doesn't drive, it doesn't mean they're broke. Do you realize how expensive owning a car is these days? I bet most students don't make enough from their part-time jobs ( if they even have one) to cover car expenses alone.

Also, not all girls are into guys who have money and will buy them stuff. I wouldn't go for a girl like that

Old
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
No.

He's not being nice to you for the hell of it. He's into you. Is this not what kids do to show interest now...?

*edit* And you "sorta" like him? You know (at a subconscious level at least) that he likes you.

We like those who like us. It's basic human nature.
I don't know... he seems to be genuinely nice to everyone he encounters. Is there some sort of test I can put him through? You know, drop my pencil and see if he picks it up?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

I gather I wouldn't necessarily say he's in it for the date. Mind you, it is a bit awkward to see someone from your class take the same transit as you and not talk at all. I normally approach these people regardless of gender and try to get acquainted with them - it's fun to have someone to chat with on the way to school.

If he wants to exchange numbers then he wants to get to know you a bit better. Given he's a "sociable" kind of guy (vague, but...) then he will likely want to make decisions at the margin. What I mean is that in principle he just wants to get acquainted/be friends, but if he feels that things could turn romantic then he could consider making a move but that depends on a whole lot things - usually unknown such as his girl situation, what he thinks of your looks/personality and so on.

If I were you I wouldn't read too much into the situation - just get to know him a bit better if you want and take it from there.

Last edited by VinnyC: 06-01-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I gather I wouldn't necessarily say he's in it for the date. Mind you, it is a bit awkward to see someone from your class take the same transit as you and not talk at all. I normally approach these people regardless of gender and try to get acquainted with them - it's fun to have someone to chat with on the way to school.
Well there's a bunch of us (virtually 50-60% of the skytrain is full of people coming back from classes).

Old
06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

Quote:
Well there's a bunch of us (virtually 50-60% of the skytrain is full of people coming back from classes).
It's still weird to see people from class on transit every day and not even talk to them... for me, at least. Do you go to SFU?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:58 PM
kanuck87

Quote:

If this is the extent of your encounters with him, it's hard to tell if the guy likes you or not. My instinct says that he's testing the waters to see if you have any interest in him.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:59 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

Quote:
I don't know... he seems to be genuinely nice to everyone he encounters. Is there some sort of test I can put him through? You know, drop my pencil and see if he picks it up?
Not really. It's not as if I know the guy. There's no magic test for anyone, male or female. We're all individuals. What you've described is the opening movements of basic attraction. Ask him out for a one-on-one date to get a better reading as to who he really is. The outgoing "nice-to-everyone" thing is something that's attracting you; that's because this social facility is generally attractive to anyone. At first appearance, he's a nice guy and a lot of people like him. Again, basic human nature. He's likable because he's widely liked.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:01 AM
kanuck87

Quote:
Does he go out of his way to sit beside you or go home with you?

Try taking the bus/skytrain home at a different time from him, and see if he waits for you.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:09 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
[IMG]It's still weird to see people from class on transit every day and not even talk to them... for me, at least. Do you go to SFU?
I don't see him everyday. I never really knew him until he came up to me, but now we go to the bus station/skytrain together once class is over. Yes, I go to SFU.

Quote:
Does he go out of his way to sit beside you or go home with you?

Try taking the bus/skytrain home at a different time from him, and see if he waits for you.
Yeah, he usually comes over and sits next to me (the first time he came over he asked if the seat was taken and I said "No" and since then he sits beside me). I'm sure he wouldn't wait for me if I took a different bus/skytrain (I don't think I would either);

EDIT: Thanks for the responses. FTR, I don't really think he likes me, I'll probably never see him again once the semester is over... so problem solved.

Closed Thread