HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Female Problems Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 12:22 AM
ProstheticConscience
hates cows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
EDIT: Thanks for the responses. FTR, I don't really think he likes me, I'll probably never see him again once the semester is over... so problem solved.
*shrug* Your choice. IMHO, you could probably get a couple of slam-dunk quickies out of it at a party, at least.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:23 AM
kanuck87

Quote:
Yeah, he usually comes over and sits next to me (the first time he came over he asked if the seat was taken and I said "No" and since then he sits beside me). I'm sure he wouldn't wait for me if I took a different bus/skytrain (I don't think I would either);
Don't be so sure. Some guys will go ridiculous lengths to get with a girl.

Quote:
EDIT: Thanks for the responses. FTR, I don't really think he likes me, I'll probably never see him again once the semester is over... so problem solved.
I wouldn't completely dismiss it. Just from a guy's perspective, if he didn't have some interest in you, he probably wouldn't be going home with you after every class.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
I don't see him everyday. I never really knew him until he came up to me, but now we go to the bus station/skytrain together once class is over. Yes, I go to SFU.

Yeah, he usually comes over and sits next to me (the first time he came over he asked if the seat was taken and I said "No" and since then he sits beside me). I'm sure he wouldn't wait for me if I took a different bus/skytrain (I don't think I would either);

I don't think that changes things too much - odds are he's just testing the waters and making a friend along the way. Although - maybe it's just me - but I find it really weird to ask someone in transit if a seat is "taken" (unless you're referring to the set in class).

In college/university, a lot of people come and go.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:14 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

This is a college kid, genius. They're all broke; they're paying for school or living with their parents.
Im in college and I have never once taken transit.

If they're broke why on earth would you even consider dating them?

Old
06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Im in college and I have never once taken transit.

If they're broke why on earth would you even consider dating them?
Boy, are you ever sheltered. I wish I never had to take transit, and I'm sure 75% of people that are in post-secondary education can agree with me.

When did getting together with people you like become about money? Life is all about money, people see a price-tag instead of a person, why should your personal life be about money too? I mean it's nice to have cash for yourself, but caring about someone based on the fact they have money or not is stupid and childish, although I doubt Hugh Hefner really cares about what I'm saying.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Boy, are you ever sheltered. I wish I never had to take transit, and I'm sure 75% of people that are in post-secondary education can agree with me.

When did getting together with people you like become about money? Life is all about money, people see a price-tag instead of a person, why should your personal life be about money too? I mean it's nice to have cash for yourself, but caring about someone based on the fact they have money or not is stupid and childish, although I doubt Hugh Hefner really cares about what I'm saying.
If you don't have money what are you going to do? Sit around watching netflix? Can't go out and do things or travel or buy nice stuff all you end up with is a ''loving'' relationship that leads to becoming a mommy and daddy at a young age, oh guess what there goes all the money in the future since it all goes to the kid(s) and next thing you know you're shopping at wal-mart, working two jobs and you don't even have time for netflix.

My advice is to be like me, completely ignore relationships until you're established and financially secure and have done the thing you want to in life. Then have kids and hope they're out of high school before you die. Thats my plan. As a male I know I can always find a younger female so I don't even care if i don't have my first kid until Im 37.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
If you don't have money what are you going to do? Sit around watching netflix? Can't go out and do things or travel or buy nice stuff all you end up with is a ''loving'' relationship that leads to becoming a mommy and daddy at a young age, oh guess what there goes all the money in the future since it all goes to the kid(s) and next thing you know you're shopping at wal-mart, working two jobs and you don't even have time for netflix.

My advice is to be like me, completely ignore relationships until you're established and financially secure and have done the thing you want to in life. Then have kids and hope they're out of high school before you die. Thats my plan. As a male I know I can always find a younger female so I don't even care if i don't have my first kid until Im 37.
Just because someone doesn't have money now, doesn't mean they won't have it later. As far as what you are saying goes, I'm pretty sure most that have proper sexual education will use a condom. And really? You think that's what they'd be doing most of the time anyways? There are lots of things you can do which cost very little and next to nothing.

Your advice doesn't sound like you are the one ignoring relationships for now, with all due respect. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but I wouldn't advise doing that. College is the time when you are supposed to be having a social life, getting out and doing things before you go off and work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with no energy left over for a social life.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:52 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Just because someone doesn't have money now, doesn't mean they won't have it later. As far as what you are saying goes, I'm pretty sure most that have proper sexual education will use a condom. And really? You think that's what they'd be doing most of the time anyways? There are lots of things you can do which cost very little and next to nothing.

Your advice doesn't sound like you are the one ignoring relationships for now, with all due respect. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but I wouldn't advise doing that. College is the time when you are supposed to be having a social life, getting out and doing things before you go off and work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with no energy left over for a social life.
Oh I've had lots of fun and done very stupid things. Now I study and prepare for my future with the occasional rave mixed in. It's balance, 95% study and focus on future, 5% go crazy. It's not all like dude lets go to the frat party and ignore our studies and have relationships and stuff, gosh.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Cromulence
Up and at them!

Taking the Skytrain does not mean you're poor. Thousands of people take the Skytrain downtown every day to work at high paying jobs. I owned a car through my college at SFU and i skytrained to Harbour Center. It was faster.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:22 AM
GreenLantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulence View Post
Taking the Skytrain does not mean you're poor. Thousands of people take the Skytrain downtown every day to work at high paying jobs. I owned a car through my college at SFU and i skytrained to Harbour Center. It was faster.
Not to mention parking. There are also a lot of environmentalists out there.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:50 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Come on now, lol. It's okay if you like driving better, but don't talk as if riding transit is the dirtiest thing you can do. Specially not in here - if you have this sort of opinion about TransLink, then boy you'd have tons of fun taking a bus where I grew up (Rio de Janeiro).

I personally hate driving - I have trouble being focused 100% of the time and I damn near ran over someone crossing the street because my mind went blank for a split second. If I can walk or take a train or a bus to get somewhere, I do just that.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:56 AM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

vCash: 50
Total FML moment today, or, 5 mins ago. So this morning, I wake up, rub my eye, and my contact lens "get's stuck in my upper eye lid". So I'm trying to get it out here and there all day long, and my eye is really getting bloodshot, irritated, you name it by this time. So tonight I search up how to get a contact lens out of your upper eye lid on google, and try various ways - didn't work.

Then I'm like well, you know what, maybe it just fell out where it supposedly went into my upper eye lid, and is still there. So I go look, get down on my hands and knees - boom, there it is.

So I wasted a lot of time getting a contact lens out of my eye lid....that wasn't even there all day, and to boot, my eye was bloodshot and very irritated all day as well.

In my defense though, I've had it happen before, and it's not fun, so I was worried about it being in there.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:31 AM
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy

Quote:

I heard the bolded statement, more or less similar, from a friend a while ago...
He is going to have his 2nd kid now.

From my experience, most of the people who say that will usually be the first ones to settle down.

So...
By this logic...
Good luck to you.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:23 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Come on now, lol. It's okay if you like driving better, but don't talk as if riding transit is the dirtiest thing you can do. Specially not in here - if you have this sort of opinion about TransLink, then boy you'd have tons of fun taking a bus where I grew up (Rio de Janeiro).

I personally hate driving - I have trouble being focused 100% of the time and I damn near ran over someone crossing the street because my mind went blank for a split second. If I can walk or take a train or a bus to get somewhere, I do just that.
Try Winnipeg Transit on for size. It's awful. I live a 15 minute car ride away from work and it takes me sometimes up to an hour to get to work because I have to transfer and it's not like in Vancouver where all the buses meet up and generally leave at the same time. My other job it's always an hour to get there. Half an hour car ride depending on what route we take.

I hate driving too. People in Winnipeg can't merge, don't use turn signals and can't drive in the freaking rain. I'm sure when I decide to have kids though, that I'll learn how to drive.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

...Okay mods deleted some of my late night posts (which may of been a good idea) but god damn, you people are making sex and relationships waaaaayyyyyy more difficult than they actually are. I actually kind of feel old for the first time in my life reading some of these posts.

I don't mean to be mean but five quick points.

1. You guys are really over thinking things and nervousness is the biggest turn off in the world.
2. Confidence and aloofness are the two sexiest things in the world
3. Getting together with somebody is not a life long commitment nor does it matter at all. If you're happy and having fun with the person, nothing else matters. And you only need to be around that person until either of those two things stop.
4. If you say someone is attractive and you want to get with them. Even if they shoot you down it's still a good thing because you're gaining confidence for the next round and it could open the door in the future for a hook-up or something more.
5. ****ing relax

Last edited by Balls Mahoney: 06-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Total FML moment today, or, 5 mins ago. So this morning, I wake up, rub my eye, and my contact lens "get's stuck in my upper eye lid". So I'm trying to get it out here and there all day long, and my eye is really getting bloodshot, irritated, you name it by this time. So tonight I search up how to get a contact lens out of your upper eye lid on google, and try various ways - didn't work.

Then I'm like well, you know what, maybe it just fell out where it supposedly went into my upper eye lid, and is still there. So I go look, get down on my hands and knees - boom, there it is.

So I wasted a lot of time getting a contact lens out of my eye lid....that wasn't even there all day, and to boot, my eye was bloodshot and very irritated all day as well.

In my defense though, I've had it happen before, and it's not fun, so I was worried about it being in there.
I've done this, too. Poking my finger in my eye all day and then finding the lens on the floor makes me feel like Nobel material.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:

Superficial and lonely? Sign me UP!

Old
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

Yeah man, sounds like a recipe to be socially awkward for the rest of your life. And honestly, it doesn't even matter if you're established or not. If you don't have social skills or know how to handle yourself, unless you're rolling in wealth (we're talking upper end of six figures), people won't find you attractive.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:40 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Try Winnipeg Transit on for size. It's awful. I live a 15 minute car ride away from work and it takes me sometimes up to an hour to get to work because I have to transfer and it's not like in Vancouver where all the buses meet up and generally leave at the same time. My other job it's always an hour to get there. Half an hour car ride depending on what route we take.

I hate driving too. People in Winnipeg can't merge, don't use turn signals and can't drive in the freaking rain. I'm sure when I decide to have kids though, that I'll learn how to drive.
That's actually good to know since my old folks might move to Winnipeg at the end of the year. Might be a pain in the ass to visit them in the future, then!

Old
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
BoHorvatFan

Looks like Tiger as back and it's about time,

Old
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
I've done this, too. Poking my finger in my eye all day and then finding the lens on the floor makes me feel like Nobel material.
Yeah, I felt pretty dumb afterwards.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
GTHP95

Quote:
Yeah, I felt pretty dumb afterwards.
I quit wearing contacts for the same reasons. Maybe, one day i should consider lasik.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:32 PM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHP95 View Post
I quit wearing contacts f
Contacts are my life. Can't see without them in, and I mean, I really can't see without them in. I hardly ever have problems with contacts, but I guess problems will happen when I wear one-a-day contacts for a month. But hey, it's sure saving money.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
GTHP95

Quote:
Contacts are my life. Can't see without them in, and I mean, I really can't see without them in. I hardly ever have problems with contacts, but I guess problems will happen when I wear one-a-day contacts for a month. But hey, it's sure saving money.
Youre right!! It sucks not being able to see. Lol, I usually get around that by asking a person with 20/20 vision to help me.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHP95 View Post
Youre right!! It sucks not being able to see. Lol, I usually get around that by asking a person with 20/20 vision to help me.
I use to struggle with seeing far distance things, especially things like seeing the chalkboard in school etc. I even played hockey pretty much blind. Then I got contacts, best thing to happen to me.

Closed Thread