HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals All Purpose Thread Part II - #6 Devils vs. #8 Kings

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

vCash: 500
What if?

Old
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Just want to make one last post about this series:

No regrets.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post

No regrets.
THIS, I am still angry about last night but even through the haze I still wouldn't trade this spring away for anything. Well worth it and tons of fun.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post

No regrets.
I echo this sentiment. It hurts like hell today to know that there are no more games left for the team to complete their quest. It's much less painful to go out in the first round and never get your heart so wrapped up into it, but that's not what it's about. This has been an amazing journey and there shouldn't be a single regret about it.

This team means a lot to me as I'm sure it does for all of you too. And some people can't get that. To some "it's just a game". True, it is only a game at the end of the day, but we all know it means much more than that.

It means grabbing a perfect stranger and hugging like maniacs after Travis Zajac scores in overtime and blows the roof off our barn to give us life for a game 7.

It means walking through the arena high fiving everyone in sight and filling the concourses with "Lets Go Devils" chants and a hope for something great.

It means coming together as a fan base and taking a stand against our longer established rivals. We stood tall for our team, our home and most importantly, for ourselves.

It means still believing in our team, despite the longest of odds, that they just may have what it takes to rewrite history.

It means seeing hundreds of fans standing in the pouring rain just to say Thank You to a group of guys who worked hard for each other in hopes of achieving a goal that they've worked their entire lives for.

I'll be going on 20 years as a fan of this team next season and I can honestly say that I finally feel that I have earned my stripes as a fan. I've pulled just as hard during the prior seasons as I did this year, but I was ridiculously spoiled when I first came aboard. Even with some lean years thrown in along the way, it was easy being a Devils fan. All the Devils did was win. Well these last 18 months sure taught me just how damn hard it is to stick with your team at the worst of times as well.

Congrats to everyone here for such an awesome season. We all always don't agree and we each have our own ways of supporting the cause, but we're all in this together. Let's keep our heads up because we'll be back. It's just what the Devils are all about.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
I echo this sentiment. It hurts like hell today to know that there are no more games left for the team to complete their quest. It's much less painful to go out in the first round and never get your heart so wrapped up into it, but that's not what it's about. This has been an amazing journey and there shouldn't be a single regret about it.

This team means a lot to me as I'm sure it does for all of you too. And some people can't get that. To some "it's just a game". True, it is only a game at the end of the day, but we all know it means much more than that.

It means grabbing a perfect stranger and hugging like maniacs after Travis Zajac scores in overtime and blows the roof off our barn to give us life for a game 7.

It means walking through the arena high fiving everyone in sight and filling the concourses with "Lets Go Devils" chants and a hope for something great.

It means coming together as a fan base and taking a stand against our longer established rivals. We stood tall for our team, our home and most importantly, for ourselves.

It means still believing in our team, despite the longest of odds, that they just may have what it takes to rewrite history.

It means seeing hundreds of fans standing in the pouring rain just to say Thank You to a group of guys who worked hard for each other in hopes of achieving a goal that they've worked their entire lives for.

I'll be going on 20 years as a fan of this team next season and I can honestly say that I finally feel that I have earned my stripes as a fan. I've pulled just as hard during the prior seasons as I did this year, but I was ridiculously spoiled when I first came aboard. Even with some lean years thrown in along the way, it was easy being a Devils fan. All the Devils did was win. Well these last 18 months sure taught me just how damn hard it is to stick with your team at the worst of times as well.

Congrats to everyone here for such an awesome season. We all always don't agree and we each have our own ways of supporting the cause, but we're all in this together. Let's keep our heads up because we'll be back. It's just what the Devils are all about.
Perfect post. End this thread here. Love you guys and this team.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:

Old
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

These feels I have... they feel... nice. Thank you for that, nona.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
apice3*

Quote:

This is a must read for everyone here.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

only regret is Kovalchuk's injury. Only excites me for next year even more

Old
06-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Old
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:

perfect.
that's all.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:38 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

This season was definitely awesome in retrospect. Gave me lots of great memories, like seeing my first Devils playoff win in person:

Just makes me wanna get back to the playoffs again next year.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
One7nine

I haven't looked at it myself yet but i just spoke with a buddy of mine who said that lost in the shuffle of the whole five minute major and non gionta call was that gionta's dump in was icing and volchenkov got punched in the head which should have been a roughing.

Any thoughts?

Old
06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:

Nice post as are all of your posts! Thanks for putting into words what people like myself cannot!

Old
06-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Great post Nona, that's the way every Devils fan should feel.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by One7nine View Post
I haven't looked at it myself yet but i just spoke with a buddy of mine who said that lost in the shuffle of the whole five minute major and non gionta call was that gionta's dump in was icing and volchenkov got punched in the head which should have been a roughing.

Any thoughts?
Pretty much everything was lost in the shuffle yesterday. There's not a whole lot to be happy about regarding the officiating from the game.

But, what's done is done.
Just realized that it took me a lot shorter to get over it all than I thought it would.
Regardless of how many question marks there may be presently, there's still a bright future to look forward to with this organization.
This ending may sting, but like we learned from last season, sometimes that makes the next season that much sweeter.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I'm not over it yet. Surprised that any of you could be. Losing the Cup hurts.

But it will get better.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Great post by Nona...

Don't be too sad, think about the good times this year. I say we shower this thread with some of the best goals/saves from the year..

Old
06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I could watch this goal 100 times and my hair would still stand..

Old
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
manilaNJ

It still stings because I know, given the opportunity, they could have won it all.

I was pissed and deflated and I expected it to keep ruining an already sour mood.
But, I think back to what this team hasn't accomplished in years past and I look forward to what it can accomplish in the years ahead... and I feel ok.
What this team has done and what it will do... it makes me feel excited to be a Devils fan. More so than usual, of course.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Don't be too sad, think about the good times this year. I say we shower this thread with some of the best goals/saves from the year..
These two goals never fail to put a smile on my face:

Old
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Thanks guys, I genuinely appreciate the kind words. There are a lot of good people here and I guess that's my way of saying thanks to you all and trying to keep spirits up.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I watched the Henrique OT goals so many times when I was down. The Zajac winner too.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Love Chico's WAAAAHHHHH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

Also love when he goes on to say Adam LARSSON with his second breakaway!

Old
06-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Closed Thread