HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals All Purpose Thread Part II - #6 Devils vs. #8 Kings

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Semak
Here we go again.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Roenick is a fool. He may have been a good player and a good interview, but he most certainly is not a good analyst.
Which goes back to my point from a while back that this is not the guy who should be on NBC when you are trying to promote the sport, same with Pierre. Al though Pierre is not bad, he talks and interrupts way too much and he has been way too biased in his reporting this year. This is not how you lure in the casual/new fan. Most of the good analysts, Weekes for one, are contracted to NHL Network or other outlets and it makes me nuts that these are the guys on the national broadcasts.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Which goes back to my point from a while back that this is not the guy who should be on NBC when you are trying to promote the sport, same with Pierre. Al though Pierre is not bad, he talks and interrupts way too much and he has been way too biased in his reporting this year. This is not how you lure in the casual/new fan. Most of the good analysts, Weekes for one, are contracted to NHL Network or other outlets and it makes me nuts that these are the guys on the national broadcasts.
Mike Milbury is an "expert" on NBC.

That's all that needs to be said about how poor they are at choosing talent.

The only guy with less credentials to be an on air "expert" is Matt Millen, and he still has a ****ing job.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:36 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
That is pretty inexplicable. I'm happy Doc is calling our games again.
I do miss Doc, and it's hard to hear him call games as a "neutral" party - but hearing Doc now means also hearing Eddie & Pierre.

Steve & Chico are unabashed homers and it's a lot more comforting during such stressful games

Old
05-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
who cares what Quick or anyone else says or looks like? I care about the games, and he is a damn good goalie that will be tough to beat. but it can be done

worrying about other **** is for Rangers and Flyers fans

Old
05-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Semak
Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Mike Milbury is an "expert" on NBC.

That's all that needs to be said about how poor they are at choosing talent.

The only guy with less credentials to be an on air "expert" is Matt Millen, and he still has a ****ing job.
I didn't even want to get started on Milbury Although, I've yet to see that spat he had with J-Ro.

BTW, just for me to lay this out there, I do not, do not give a rats ass about other teams and their history. "LA has never won one". Boo-hoo. You had Greztky and did nothing. If NJ loses, I'll be as bitter as I am towards Colorado. Do you think I cared about Bourque? Didn't when he was in Boston.

I am a New Jersey Devils fan. I have no second team, no third team. When NJ is out, I may have a slight interest for a player or two but nothing more than passing interests. I root for teams in other sports who have been close and never won and I didn't ask for nor expect any quarter.

Lundqvist crying? Boo-hoo, screw him. He has shown his true colors after interviews and not exactly Mr. Nice Guy. He can walk hand in hand with the Tanned turtle for all I care.

Devils, do your thing, get #4 for the franchise and the first for majority of the guys, including Zach and Kovy, take these frakers out.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

While I don't get the same feeling hearing Doc call our games nationally than when he was our local play by play guy on SportsChannel/Fox Sports/MSG I loved hearing him call that goal by Henrique in OT.

I think had the Rangers scored he wouldn't have been as excited, but he erupted, and seemed genuinely happy the Devils won that series. I think he's pulling for us. He just won't be a homer like Pierre, and Olczyk seem to be for the opposition or like Melrose, and Roenick, and all the other analysts. Also **** Roenick hard man. He has predicted us to LOSE every series so far not to mention lose game 7 against Florida too. Maybe he didn't pick Florida over us before the series started, but he sure did predict Florida over us the morning before game 7.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

It's been really hot these last few days, I've been wearing shorts the last few weeks, I don't like being in rooms without A/C right now, and the Devils are playing tomorrow.

Feels good man.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
I didn't even want to get started on Milbury Although, I've yet to see that spat he had with J-Ro.

BTW, just for me to lay this out there, I do not, do not give a rats ass about other teams and their history. "LA has never won one". Boo-hoo. You had Greztky and did nothing. If NJ loses, I'll be as bitter as I am towards Colorado. Do you think I cared about Bourque? Didn't when he was in Boston.
This.

Also you're right to hell with Colorado. It's funny to see the joke of a team they have now. I do like some of their players, but it's mostly no name guys, but a couple young guys with potential like Landeskog, and Varlamov. I hate Joe Sacco too. Hated him when he was a player. Guys worthless, and I do sympathize with the team that he hasn't been canned, and was given like a 3 year extension. Dudes a joke. I actually feel bad for Colorado fans. The stuff going on behind the scenes there is a joke.

I'm not bitter about Colorado, and I honestly won't blame the refs like many, but it's no secret that series had terrible officiating. Not in every game, but quite a few. It was like game 3 vs Philly this year in like 3 different games, maybe 4 that series. We still may have lost anyway, but yeah the officiating for anyone who saw that series it was pretty bad. I remember someone from their team pushing Sykora into Marty in game 1 I think, and Marty couldn't make the save, and Colorado scored. We lost 5-0 so it didn't really matter, but it was stuff like that which made me skeptical about the officiating.

LOL at Colorado for retiring Bourque's number! What a joke.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Well ostensibly it was because he was late to meetings, or at least that was the reason given...
Remember the article that surfaced not too long ago stating that Kovy would fly back down to Florida/Atlanta to spend time with his kids/wife during short breaks during the season? I bet that has something to do with it. I would like to believe that it was 50/50, meaning part Kovalchuk being late due to travel and part MacLean being a hard nose about it.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
This.

Also you're right to hell with Colorado. It's funny to see the joke of a team they have now. I do like some of their players, but it's mostly no name guys, but a couple young guys with potential like Landeskog, and Varlamov. I hate Joe Sacco too. Hated him when he was a player. Guys worthless, and I do sympathize with the team that he hasn't been canned, and was given like a 3 year extension. Dudes a joke. I actually feel bad for Colorado fans. The stuff going on behind the scenes there is a joke.

I'm not bitter about Colorado, and I honestly won't blame the refs like many, but it's no secret that series had terrible officiating. Not in every game, but quite a few. It was like game 3 vs Philly this year in like 3 different games, maybe 4 that series. We still may have lost anyway, but yeah the officiating for anyone who saw that series it was pretty bad. I remember someone from their team pushing Sykora into Marty in game 1 I think, and Marty couldn't make the save, and Colorado scored. We lost 5-0 so it didn't really matter, but it was stuff like that which made me skeptical about the officiating.

LOL at Colorado for retiring Bourque's number! What a joke.
We lost game 6 because Gomez wouldnt take a hit at the blue line to play the puck up the boards turned it over and Adam Foote scored on a point shot that seemed to surprise Marty and our PP sucked.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
kovy in zen.

that was great.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Can't wait for the GDT

Any news if Cup will be in the house?

Old
05-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'm 22 and wear my hood + hat like that sometimes

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal?

Media day is just a bunch of reporters asking general questions and/or trying to trick players into saying something stupid. Usually filled with a lot of cliches and compliments to the other team.
It's absolutely ridiculous that some people are making a fuss out of this. It's just as foolish as if I were to criticize Marty and Kovy for wearing short shorts and flipflops during their CBC interview.

Old
05-30-2012, 05:06 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
Can't wait for the GDT

Any news if Cup will be in the house?
MY cup will be in the house.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:08 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
All I ****ing said was slightly annoyed. Didn't say it was a travesty. Typically on media day you don't see a player looking like Eminem answering questions (as Trautwig put it).
Not sure there wasn't something else going on there. The hat he was wearing (under the hoodie) was not the same hat worn by a number of other players. Makes me think that (possibly) he was told to take it off or cover it up by the NHL/Reebok as it wasn't the "official" SCF hat (and possibly made by another manufacturer).

Some (many) of you are too young to remember when Michael Jordan and a # of NBA players covered up their USA warmup jerseys during the Olympic medal ceremony because they had their own sponsorship deals with other companies.

Then again, I could be wrong

Old
05-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Nice article. I think Jim might take issue with calling him a strong two-way player though. He's getting there, but he still isn't quite there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I do miss Doc, and it's hard to hear him call games as a "neutral" party - but hearing Doc now means also hearing Eddie & Pierre.

Steve & Chico are unabashed homers and it's a lot more comforting during such stressful games
True. Watching a game with Uncle Chico is more comforting than listening to Edzo fluff the other team and Pierre blather about which junior team every player was a member of.

Old
05-30-2012, 08:52 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

For those that were wondering about iTunes:

Go to Games of the Year for 2011-2012 and all the way to the bottom.

They have Devils-Flyers Game 3, Devils-Rangers Game 2 and Devils-Rangers Game 4 also. It's 2 bucks a game, really not a terrible deal if you love watching games over and over again like I do haha.

Old
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:

I particularly liked what the photoshop thread on the main board did with it.
You mean like this?

Old
05-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Yes, that, among other things. The day after it happened there were some brilliant shops done.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Two of our favorite youngins, being interviewed by our favorite jackbag, Burnside:

Old
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Kings fans are predicting sweeps

Hope their team thinks the same way

Old
05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

LOL Burnside

Old
05-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I love Yayo's answer when Burnside asks him if he cooks for his parents when they visit: "Uhhhhhhhhhh... no."

Old
05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
I love Yayo's answer when Burnside asks him if he cooks for his parents when they visit: "Uhhhhhhhhhh... no."
That kind of exposed Burnside in a way 'cause it might've revealed what he does when HIS Parents visit.

I bet he was all disappointed when YaYo said no.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Closed Thread