HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

SCF | Game 1 | L.A. Kings at Your New Jersey Devils | 8PM EDT

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 10:43 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Quick is beatable, just like Lundqvist was, but I wouldn't say he has more holes. They play very different styles, and I respect Quick much more for his.

I agree with you on the offence, we are the best one that the Kings will see in this playoffs. Phoenix and the Blues didn't have much, the Canucks were hamstrung by injuries. We roll four lines.
I meant to say Quick is prone to have more holes. His style involves more movement than Lundqvist.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
AirheadPete

I'm really excited to finally get this series started (obviously), take it all in folks!

Old
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
I meant to say Quick is prone to have more holes. His style involves more movement than Lundqvist.
The fact that he doesn't wear Gi-normous Goalie Equipment AND doesn't have 6 guys playing Goaltender in front of him kind of increases the Devils chances at generating some more offense.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:56 AM
billingtons ghost

Chere is a Rangers homer. Always has been.

When there was NO other place to get Devils news, he still made me sick.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
I wouldn't mind having Quick on our squad in a few years after Marty hangs em up. Always liked #32. Would look good red, hope it won't be expensive, do it Lou!
It would be very expensive. LA won't trade him, and I don't expect them to let him walk in UFA either. He's entered the tier of money goalies.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:00 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Tonight's game is SO gigantic.

A win would do two things :

1.) Put the Devils up 1-0 with a chance to grab solid control of this series in Game 2

and

2.) Put some doubt in the Kings minds by finally ending that absurd Road Win-streak they had.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

I took the Kings to the Cup.
Against the computer with offsides off.
They're a finesse team.
They're a ***** team.

Before they did a close up I legitametly was wondering who the younger skinnier Vince Vaughn looking guy was.

Geez, nothing beats those old NHL games.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
CerebralGenesis

I don't like buying into goalies hitting their peak without much consistency because it always costs a lot with a high variability the next year. No wonder people draft them all over the place on draft days.

We should definitely have a chance to win this series. Not sure about Game 1 tonight though, I can see us dropping this one before kind of kicking it into gear. My opinion is that the longer this series goes, the better.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I don't like buying into goalies hitting their peak without much consistency because it always costs a lot with a high variability the next year. No wonder people draft them all over the place on draft days.

We should definitely have a chance to win this series. Not sure about Game 1 tonight though, I can see us dropping this one before kind of kicking it into gear. My opinion is that the longer this series goes, the better.
Quick is NOT Lundpads and we are not on the Road.

Devils will be the first team the Kings face that will take full advantage of Home-Ice.

Devils take Game 1 tonight.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
I am guessing I will be reminded of how much I hate Richards and Carter very quickly tonight.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Cup stickers on the helmets......don't think it will really set in for me until I see the patches on the jerseys tonight

Old
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

My bets this round are in. A fun way to gamble $50.

$32 Devils to win series at 1.55:1
$4.5 Devils 4-0 at 18:1
$4.5 Devils 4-1 at 7:1
$6 Devils 4-2 at 6.3:1
$3 Devils 4-3 at 5:1

Old
05-30-2012, 11:17 AM
JimEIV

If the Devils take game 1, I don't see them losing this series.

But more than winning, I'm most interested in seeing who is going to win the possession time battle. That alone will tell a lot about how this series is going to go

Old
05-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
My bets this round are in. A fun way to gamble $50.

$32 Devils to win series at 1.55:1
$4.5 Devils 4-0 at 18:1
$4.5 Devils 4-1 at 7:1
$6 Devils 4-2 at 6.3:1
$3 Devils 4-3 at 5:1
For your sake, I hope the Devils sweep. Although, personally, I'd rather see it end in 5 games...

Old
05-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Medically cleared to play over the weekend. Doubt he will actually though. I do see him dressed for a game at most to take a 30 second shift to qualify, but that's it.
How many games does he have in during the regular season. You either need 41 games regular season or one game in the finals to get name on cup.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jersey Fan View Post
How many games does he have in during the regular season. You either need 41 games regular season or one game in the finals to get name on cup.
39 GP for Tally this year...

There are special exemptions that can apply, and I'm sure the Devils/league would have no problems with an LTIR players name being added...

Old
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
You don't want to play this game. Kovys stick is 100% illegal, and I'm sure many others are on both sides. It's kind of a taboo thing to call for IMO.
They did away with the illegal stick call years ago. You can not call that anymore. You have use what ever curve you want now

Old
05-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
There are special exemptions that can apply, and I'm sure the Devils/league would have no problems with an LTIR players name being added...
Yes the is true Marc Savard as an example

Old
05-30-2012, 11:21 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
For your sake, I hope the Devils sweep. Although, personally, I'd rather see it end in 5 games...
I'm happy with ANY Devils victory, 4 games or 7 games, not being picky there.

But I had them at 2.1:1 against the Flyers and 2.4:1 against the Rangers, so my bets have already done well enough. Historically speaking, the New Jersey Devils as "underdogs" has always paid off handsomely.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jersey Fan View Post
They did away with the illegal stick call years ago. You can not call that anymore. You have use what ever curve you want now
What? That's factual incorrect.

Here you go: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26286

Old
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Cup stickers on the helmets......don't think it will really set in for me until I see the patches on the jerseys tonight

didn't know teemu selanne was on the devils

Old
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Good luck tonight guys! Enjoy this series as much as you can!

I'm not really rooting for either team, because I don't hate either team. I'd LOVE to see Marty get another Cup, and for Parise to get one.

I have to admit though, you guys have been a ton of fun to watch. Keep it up please!

Old
05-30-2012, 11:36 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBruins231 View Post
Good luck tonight guys! Enjoy this series as much as you can!

I'm not really rooting for either team, because I don't hate either team. I'd LOVE to see Marty get another Cup, and for Parise to get one.

I have to admit though, you guys have been a ton of fun to watch. Keep it up please!
It's always enlightening when fans of other teams say that the Devils were "fun to watch".

And thank you.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
What? That's factual incorrect.

Here you go: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26286
And to add to that;

Quote:
10.5 Stick Measurement - A request for a stick measurement shall be limited to one request per team during the course of any stoppage in play.

When a formal complaint is made by the Captain or Alternate Captain of a team, against the dimensions of any stickof an opponent, that opponent must be on the ice at the time the request is made to the Referee. Once the request is made, and as long as the Officials maintain visual contact with the stick, it can be measured. This means that if the player whose stick is about to be measured steps off the ice onto his players’ bench, his stick may still be measured provided the request was received prior to him leaving the ice surface and the stick remains in the view of at least one of the on-ice Officials.

The Referee shall take the stick to the penalty bench where the necessary measurement shall be made immediately. Players on both teams shall retire to their respective benches. To measure the curvature of the blade of the stick, the Referee must draw an imaginary line along the outside of the shaft to the bottom of the blade and then along the bottom of the blade - this will determine the location of the heel. Using a League-approved measuring gauge, the Referee shall secure the gauge at the heel of the stick and measure the curvature of the blade from the heel to any point along the toe of the blade. To measure any other dimension of the stick, the Referee shall use a measuring tape.

The result shall be reported to the Penalty Timekeeper, who shall record it on the back of the Penalty Record form. The Referee will convey the result of the measurement to Captain or Alternate Captain of the player whose stick was measured. If the stick proves to be illegal, the stick shall remain at the penalty bench until the end of the game.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Most definitely. The Kings have been rolling through opponents this season. A Game 6 is uncharted territory for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
If the Devils take game 1, I don't see them losing this series.

But more than winning, I'm most interested in seeing who is going to win the possession time battle. That alone will tell a lot about how this series is going to go
Ya, and it's something that I consider a toss up right now. I can't say for sure which way it will go. That worries me. I knew we'd roll both the Rangers and Florida in puck possession. In this series and the Flyers series, I wasn't sure. Hopefully it goes the same way as the Flyers.

Closed Thread