HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part II) - Brooks: Rangers after Radulov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2012, 05:21 AM
  #451
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
What does Poile want for Radulov? The player has an offer from the KHL. If the players signs with CSKA,Polie gets nothing. The player can sign a 2 year contract with CSKA and return to the NHL in 2 years as an unrestricted free agent. Management suspended him for the curfew violation. The players aren't happy with him.

Quote:
Weber was one of the driving forces behind getting the winger to return to the Predators for their playoff push after three seasons in the KHL. Radulov, along with trade deadline acquisition Andrei Kostitsyn, were suspended for Game 3 and also held out of Game 4 of that series, which the Coyotes eventually won in five games.

“I don’t really know what to say about it because I was one of the guys that stood up for him and wanted him back. There were a bunch of us that played with him that felt the same way," Weber told Vancouver radio station TEAM 1040 on Thursday (via ProHockeyTalk).

“You feel a little bit betrayed, but I am sure he feels bad about it now and he looks back on it and wishes it didn’t happen. Those are the things you can’t take back and we’ve got to move forward.
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1wix9pwMR

Radulov needs knee surgery

Quote:
Poile confirmed a Montreal Gazette report that Hal Gill played the Western Conference semifinal with a fractured tibia that required offseason surgery. He also said forward Alexander Radulov had a (knee) meniscus issue that was expected to be operated on in Germany. That operation is considered minor. Besides those two players, “We’re in pretty good shape,” Poile said.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ents-injuries/

They don't have a team doctor in Nashville?

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:25 AM
  #452
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What does Poile want for Radulov? The player has an offer from the KHL. If the players signs with CSKA,Polie gets nothing. The player can sign a 2 year contract with CSKA and return to the NHL in 2 years as an unrestricted free agent. Management suspended him for the curfew violation. The players aren't happy with him.



Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1wix9pwMR

Radulov had knee surgery recently



http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ents-injuries/

They don't have a team doctor in Nashville?
Glen Sather interested in a reclamation project!? Unheard of!

While no one should be enamored with Radulov's attitude due to his defection to the KHL mid-contract and "partying" incident, it does not hurt to kick the tires on him. There's no doubt that he's gifted offensively, and if you can buy low, it could be a good move.

The also should be no doubt his trade value is at rock bottom with the possibility of him fleeing to Russia to play out his time until he's a UFA.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:26 AM
  #453
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Screw Radulov.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:33 AM
  #454
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz1wiu2D2uS

Nashville will demand McDonagh and Kreider. The Rangers won't move one of them in a trade.
While that would be a sick defense of

McD - Weber
Staal - Girardi
MDZ - Schultz/Erixon

Dont see the Rangers investing the assets or the cap space on him.

I can see them swinging a deal for Radulov. Don't know who said it before but Radulov has more skill and overall abilities then Zherdev.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:47 AM
  #455
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
Radulov would fit on right side with Kreider-Stepan

What type of a contract would Sather give Radulov? 2 years? $2M-$2.5M per?

CSKA signed Radulov's brother a few days ago. There was a report in the Russian media yesterday about CSKA and Alex Radulov being close on a getting a deal done. Today there is a report in NY Post about Radulov. Not a coincidence. Poile needs to get back something for Radulov and something done with Radulov. Someone gave Brooks this story.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:49 AM
  #456
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Radulov would fit on right side with Kreider-Stepan

What type of a contract would Sather give Radulov? 2 years? $2M-$2.5M per?

CSKA signed Radulov's brother a few days ago. There was a report in the Russian media yesterday about CSKA and Alex Radulov being close on a getting a deal done. Today there is a report in NY Post about Radulov. Poile needs to get back something for Radulov and something done with Radulov.
I also wonder what the cost in assets would be to acquire him.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:00 AM
  #457
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Radulov would fit on right side with Kreider-Stepan

What type of a contract would Sather give Radulov? 2 years? $2M-$2.5M per?

CSKA signed Radulov's brother a few days ago. There was a report in the Russian media yesterday about CSKA and Alex Radulov being close on a getting a deal done. Today there is a report in NY Post about Radulov. Not a coincidence. Poile needs to get back something for Radulov and something done with Radulov. Someone gave Brooks this story.
I think Radulov would be looking for quite a bit more money, because he still has the KHL option, and would earn significantly more there. I would guess 4m per year at an absolute minimum.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:03 AM
  #458
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Adding a legit top six RW'er like Radulov creates a scenario (once Gaborik is healthy) to have the pack line as this teams 3rd line.

Adding Radulov, Schultz, a depth RD in Allen/Sarich and re-signing Prust and Feds would be a good offseason, imo.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Radulov
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Feds - Boyle - Prust
Rupp

McD - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
MDZ - Allen/Erixon
Allen/Eminger

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:10 AM
  #459
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz1wiu2D2uS

Nashville will demand McDonagh and Kreider. The Rangers won't move one of them in a trade.
Would you move Staal for him?

jas is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:16 AM
  #460
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Would you move Staal for him?
Absolutely not a chance. Radulov's value is at rock bottom, and if he goes back to the KHL for 2 years (likely on a contract that will pay him more than what we offer him), he's a UFA.

If I'm moving Staal, I want a much more valuable asset than Radulov back--like Ryan--and even then, I'd rather just keep Staal.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:17 AM
  #461
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Would you move Staal for him?
Question you would have to ask yourself is Webers abilities/production over Staal worth the $3 million increase in cap hit.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:18 AM
  #462
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Absolutely not a chance. Radulov's value is at rock bottom, and if he goes back to the KHL for 2 years (likely on a contract that will pay him more than what we offer him), he's a UFA.

If I'm moving Staal, I want a much more valuable asset than Radulov back--like Ryan--and even then, I'd rather just keep Staal.

Think he was referring to moving Staal for Weber, not Radulov.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:20 AM
  #463
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Think he was referring to moving Staal for Weber, not Radulov.
Oh that makes a lot more sense. My apologies--Staal is what someone asked for on the Predators' board (for Radulov) and that would be a terrible move.

Personally, I don't see how Weber fits on this team with the $7.5m+ cap hit he's going to demand.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:26 AM
  #464
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
In my NHL12 world, lol, the Rangers would move MDZ, Dubinsky, Miller, McI, 2012 1st, 2013 2nd for Weber and Radulov.

Never would happen though.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:51 AM
  #465
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Glen Sather interested in a reclamation project!? Unheard of!

While no one should be enamored with Radulov's attitude due to his defection to the KHL mid-contract and "partying" incident, it does not hurt to kick the tires on him. There's no doubt that he's gifted offensively, and if you can buy low, it could be a good move.

The also should be no doubt his trade value is at rock bottom with the possibility of him fleeing to Russia to play out his time until he's a UFA.
I don't know if you put quotes because you know the details, but if you don't apparently Kostytsen (sp?) and Radulov were 1 hour late or something like and were eating and not partying.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:05 AM
  #466
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Radulov is intriguing but he kinda scares me. Don't know if I want to make a long-term commitment to him. I'd trade our first for him this year, to be honest. Nothing more. I'm afraid Torts might eat him alive.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:16 AM
  #467
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
First of all, regarding the "incident", I have no inside info, but I am strongly inclined to agree with the speculations that he was out partying and potentially returned smashed. Given the scrutiny it received and Trotz's reaction, it seems the most plausible scenario. You don't bench your 2 best offensive players for 2 games in the playoffs if they were a little late coming back from the endless pasta bowl and a couple of Diet Cokes at the Olive Garden. That might be the story you spin to the media for damage control purposes - but if it were the actual truth, I highly doubt they sit for a single shift much less two games.

Having said that, if you can get Radulov cheap, you have to look at it. We need skill and he's got boatloads. He plays the position where we needed the most help even before Gabby went down. He's still young and whatever the true story about the suspension, a) you hope he's learned, b) just getting him away from Kostytsin may be the solution. Again, presuming the price isn't too high (I might even go as high as our 1st this year), it's worth the risk.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:29 AM
  #468
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
First of all, regarding the "incident", I have no inside info, but I am strongly inclined to agree with the speculations that he was out partying and potentially returned smashed. Given the scrutiny it received and Trotz's reaction, it seems the most plausible scenario. You don't bench your 2 best offensive players for 2 games in the playoffs if they were a little late coming back from the endless pasta bowl and a couple of Diet Cokes at the Olive Garden. That might be the story you spin to the media for damage control purposes - but if it were the actual truth, I highly doubt they sit for a single shift much less two games.

Having said that, if you can get Radulov cheap, you have to look at it. We need skill and he's got boatloads. He plays the position where we needed the most help even before Gabby went down. He's still young and whatever the true story about the suspension, a) you hope he's learned, b) just getting him away from Kostytsin may be the solution. Again, presuming the price isn't too high (I might even go as high as our 1st this year), it's worth the risk.
Wait is he a RW or an LW? Because when Gabby is healthy we have a 40 goal scorer and an almost 30 goal scorer at RW, meanwhile we have a glorified 3rd line playing top line LW minutes. I think LW is far more important to us.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
  #469
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Wait is he a RW or an LW? Because when Gabby is healthy we have a 40 goal scorer and an almost 30 goal scorer at RW, meanwhile we have a glorified 3rd line playing top line LW minutes. I think LW is far more important to us.
Radulov is a RW.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
  #470
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
This team has 3 quality top 9, some would say top 6, LWs on it. Right now, it's got 1 healthy and 1 injured top 9 RW.

Would I LOVE to trade Dubi and replace him (either directly or in a separate transaction) with Ryan or Parise? Absolu-freakin'-lutely. That doesn't change the fact that we need help on RW - and it would be a good idea to have legitimate scoring threats on multiple lines anyway.

Heck, if he's really one foot out the door in Nashville already, there's no reason you can't look at both options this summer. (Assuming the price is right in both cases, of course.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 08:03 AM
  #471
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
I heard Darren Pang discussing the incident on NHL Live. He was covering PHX-NASH for TSN. Pang saw Radulov and Kostitsyn at the hotel that night. They were not drunk. Pang noticed it was late and they had missed curfew but they weren't drunk.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 08:28 AM
  #472
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
He has had only one NHL season of 26 goals. To me, that means he is a question mark. No doubt he has the ability, but performing to that ability is another thing. He has been in the KHL the last 3 seasons- why would you give up assets for him when he has another big money offer from a KHL team on the table? If he affirms that he WANTS to play in the NHL then thats another story.

Stugots is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 08:30 AM
  #473
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Radulov is intriguing but he kinda scares me. Don't know if I want to make a long-term commitment to him. I'd trade our first for him this year, to be honest. Nothing more. I'm afraid Torts might eat him alive.
Like I said in my post above, he has had one season of 26 goals and possibly might go back to the KHL. Is that really worth a first?

Stugots is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 08:41 AM
  #474
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Like I said in my post above, he has had one season of 26 goals and possibly might go back to the KHL. Is that really worth a first?
If the first was conditional on him signing here and not going to the KHL, I would do it.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 08:48 AM
  #475
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
If the first was conditional on him signing here and not going to the KHL, I would do it.
Considering its a low first, then I might do it based on that condition.

Stugots is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.