Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Off-Season Trade Rumours and Speculation

Old
05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

vCash: 500
Off-Season Trade Rumours and Speculation

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss the various trade rumours circulating the OHL. Feel free to post your own proposals and ideas for discussion as well.

I'll start with the Bulls, who are looking to grow from playoff team to true contender in 2012/13. They could use more scoring punch on the wings (depending on the impact of recently signed RW Aaron Berisha), and I think they need a right-handed, two-way defenseman. I think another C to take some pressure off Gaunce would also be huge, Cramarossa is slotted as the 2nd line C right now IMO and he'd be a better fit as a #3 guy on a top team.

There are a few guys who I see as trade bait:

C/LW Michael Curtis - Good skater and PKer, offensive game yet to arrive
LW Scott Simmonds- Owner's son has been passed on depth chart by younger guys
C Dylan Corson- Solid checker but Hooey, Petti and Carnevale are valued higher
D Branden Morris- Possible OA didn't show enough to warrant spot IMO
G John Chartrand- OHL caliber goalie buried behind Subban and passed by Graham

There is also a rumour that RW Austen Brassard wants out, but Belleville would be smart to hold onto him unless a team overpays. With a lack of offense up front the Bulls can't afford to deal guys like Brassard without getting offense in return.

Who is on the move this off-season?What does your favourite OHL team need to move forward in 2012/13? Who do you see as trade bait from your current roster?

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Saginaw will have both import spots open in all likelyhood this season (doubt Khlopotov is brought back). One of these spots will be filled with the 18th overall pick we picked up from Guelph but the other I could see coming from a trade like this:

To Kingston- Sam Povorozniouk, 33rd import pick, Clint Windsor

To Saginaw- Petr Beranek, Kingston's 2013 4th round pick

This would work for both teams. Saginaw gets a second line winger, and Kingston gets to have two first round import picks and a starting goalie. Windsor was pretty solid when he got playing time. He won't get any time this year though so he will be moved and Kingston seems like a good fit.

Last edited by Kingpin794: 05-30-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:03 PM
defensehockey19

A rumour I have heard is..

To Ptbo: Matthew Campagna(94), Derek Shoenmakers(92), Sudburys import.

To Sudbury: petes import pick(9), 2 2nd round picks

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
NHL Fanatic

Mississauga is logged jammed up front so look for Boyd to be moving some forwards. Windsor is backed up on D so look for them to be possibly moving some D men.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
defensehockey19

How many deals does everyone think we will see announced on Friday? I'm gunna predict a busy day and say 4-5.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:18 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
How many deals does everyone think we will see announced on Friday? I'm gunna predict a busy day and say 4-5.
I say 2 or 3, but the typical teams involved of course Windsor, London and Kitchener! Heres hoping the Bulls jump right in!

ImaBullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
FrontenacSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Saginaw will have both import spots open in all likelyhood this season (doubt Khlopotov is brought back). One of these spots will be filled with the 18th overall pick we picked up from Guelph but the other I could see coming from a trade like this:

To Kingston- Sam Povorozniouk, 33rd import pick, Clint Windsor

To Saginaw- Petr Beranek, Kingston's 2013 4th round pick

This would work for both teams. Saginaw gets a second line winger, and Kingston gets to have two first round import picks and a starting goalie. Windsor was pretty solid when he got playing time. He won't get any time this year though so he will be moved and Kingston seems like a good fit.
I think that could work for both teams. There's no room for Beranek and Kingston does need a goalie.

Last edited by FrontenacSens: 05-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.
FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM
defensehockey19

My prediction on who some guys we will see moved are..

Braithwaite
Czinder
Sutch
Campagna(Heard he wants out?)
Maybe Mike Morrison

Old
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
My prediction on who some guys we will see moved are..

Braithwaite
Czinder
Sutch
Campagna(Heard he wants out?)
Maybe Mike Morrison
Maybe add Pavelka to that list i believe no matter what Koko does he gets Traded
i think Palazzese will be taded also as Kitchener has Gidson and a young Moylan

Someone told me that Czinder might go to Ottawa who pushed really hard to get him at the Deadline

big papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Ottomatic

I don't think the Spits do anything right away. They'll want to see the boys in camp and see what they have. They'll have to make a move around the import draft because they plan to make a pick in it and already have their two spots spoken for with Khokhlachev and Pavelka.

Spits will be looking for a starting goalie that could split time 60-40 with 17 yr old rookie tender Jordan DeKort.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:35 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
Maybe add Pavelka to that list i believe no matter what Koko does he gets Traded
i think Palazzese will be taded also as Kitchener has Gidson and a young Moylan

Someone told me that Czinder might go to Ottawa who pushed really hard to get him at the Deadline
If Erie is some how able to land a top Russian forward in the draft I will love for them to trade for Palazzese, he could be here for two years and I have always been impressed by him. I would not expect the price to be to much either, Erie would definitely need to deal some assets but nothing that would take away from their contending year(s)

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:56 PM
defensehockey19

Player...Rumour Destinations

Czinder- Ottawa?,
Braithwaite-
Sutch- Bellevillie?
Campagna- Peterborough?
Morrison- Windsor?
Pavelka- Kingston?
Pallazzese- Kingston?

Old
05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Spitzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
If Erie is some how able to land a top Russian forward in the draft I will love for them to trade for Palazzese, he could be here for two years and I have always been impressed by him. I would not expect the price to be to much either, Erie would definitely need to deal some assets but nothing that would take away from their contending year(s)
I doubt you will see Kitchener move Palazzese before they have a better idea what Gibson will be doing next season. He wasn't drafted out of the OHL, so he can play in AHL next season. He might be done in Kitchener.

Spitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:54 AM
BenchedGuy

I would be surprised to see Palazzese moved out before Gibson status is known for sure. Maybe even September. Anaheim has a bit of depth in goal so if John doesnt get the starters role in AHL, I would suspect he will be back in Kitchener instead of backup duties.
And if Frankie gets moved, I don't see him being that cheap to acquire. It wont cost an arm and a leg, but I dont see it being for a mid to lower pick(s) either.

As for Kitchener, they have at least 2 OA spots open. 3 if Crescenzi sticks in the AHL. The Rangers will fill those open OA spots. They also have a surplus of younger forwards from last year that will be fighting for spots. I could see some of the depth moved to give them playing time elsewhere. I expect them to make a few moves in the off season before camps start.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I would be surprised to see Palazzese moved out before Gibson status is known for sure. Maybe even September. Anaheim has a bit of depth in goal so if John doesnt get the starters role in AHL, I would suspect he will be back in Kitchener instead of backup duties.
And if Frankie gets moved, I don't see him being that cheap to acquire. It wont cost an arm and a leg, but I dont see it being for a mid to lower pick(s) either.

As for Kitchener, they have at least 2 OA spots open. 3 if Crescenzi sticks in the AHL. The Rangers will fill those open OA spots. They also have a surplus of younger forwards from last year that will be fighting for spots. I could see some of the depth moved to give them playing time elsewhere. I expect them to make a few moves in the off season before camps start.
Considering Frankie was the second highest in the CHL in save percentage I suspect at least 2 second rounders will be starting the conversation. Maybe even higher if the team inquiring about him is in the West. Of course, the price may vary pending on the number of suitors and the assets they have that Spott may want/need.
The Rangers have 2 defencemen from last season should be moved out to get them some playing time (Young, Genovese, Midensky and Gilbert). This number could go up if Trouba reports and Murphy returns.
There should also be at least 2 or 3 forwards from last years team that may be finding themselves a new home elsewhere to make room for Schmalz, Darby L and maybe Blasby. (I was very impressed with Blasby at rookie camp and is highly thought of being included on Ontarios U17). IMHO the forwards on the bubble should be Lorentz, Lesway, Francisco, Grant and Meighan. I suspect of those 5 Lorentz and Meighan may be safest to return. The returns at best for the others would be minimal.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
StormSurge9

Guelph needs Size and Defense.

Have a few depth forward that could be moved for depth D.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
aresknights

I think the Knights may look to move a F or 2. Lots of guys back up front and skill looking to move into the lineup. You may see a higher profile guy moved out. Lots of speculation, but well see. Just not enough room up front and one prospect didn't really carve out a niche for himself this past year and fell quit a bIt in the rankings. Maybe a change of scenery helps him and he would be one of our most marketable/ expendable pieces.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I think the Knights may look to move a F or 2. Lots of guys back up front and skill looking to move into the lineup. You may see a higher profile guy moved out. Lots of speculation, but well see. Just not enough room up front and one prospect didn't really carve out a niche for himself this past year and fell quit a bIt in the rankings. Maybe a change of scenery helps him and he would be one of our most marketable/ expendable pieces.
You talking about Double A?

Old
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
gongshow519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
You talking about Double A?
I say AA or Tierney, both natural centers and London is Centre deep..AA would give London more assets back so it's gonna be a tough call

gongshow519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:52 PM
zaluty

Kingston will be making trades.

zaluty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:12 PM
dirk

Kingston

so who's on the move for Kingston???? do tell!

dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:19 PM
defensehockey19

I heard ptbo might be making a move tomorrow as well, anybody got any info on that?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Kingston will be making trades.
Will they move their import pick? Or plan on keeping it?

Old
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
zaluty

From what I understand is that they are keeping the pick and have a goalie that will come over. But I have been wrong before. As for the trades they don't have a certain player that will bring in a star that they are willing to trade but they can package a couple of players to bring in something like an OA. They have signed their top 4 picks plus possibly Beckstead from last year and maybe Polesello so people will have to be moved

zaluty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
FrontenacSens

Kingston-Trade Block
Kyler Nixon-RD
Mike Moffatt-LD
Nathan Cull-RW
Petr Beranek-RW
Jacob Smith-C

-This is just a guess-