HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Off-Season Trade Rumours and Speculation

Old
06-02-2012, 08:35 PM
ImaBullsfan

vCash: 500
Cant see George dealing Micheal Curtis, he seems to like the kid, I also heard the rumor of Austen Brassard wanting out late in last season. It'll be interesting what happens there! Here's one what about Stephen Silas in a London uniform??? It could happen, AA and Teirney are on the market. Hey George do Chartrand a favour and deal him a soon as possible. He deserves a shot at a number 1 job.

ImaBullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Ottomatic

^What would Belleville be looking for in return if Brassard was to be moved? I'm not too familiar with your team - are you looking to contend now, next year, rebuilding?

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:23 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Cant see George dealing Micheal Curtis, he seems to like the kid, I also heard the rumor of Austen Brassard wanting out late in last season. It'll be interesting what happens there! Here's one what about Stephen Silas in a London uniform??? It could happen, AA and Teirney are on the market. Hey George do Chartrand a favour and deal him a soon as possible. He deserves a shot at a number 1 job.
Petes could be interested in Silas and Brassard.

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:03 AM
SimonTemplar

I just read through pages of posts regarding this import draft and honestly wonder where all this talent is you all speak of. Has anyone actually been through the available lists of players making the jump over, what I heard at Mem Cup from 2 different scouts was this years crop is not pretty nor deep. Next years is projected to be much better with that crop of 17 yr old kids possibly very good into round 2.

Which brings me back to teams or fans wanting to move 2nd yr players straight away for un-known commodities. Way too many busts show up in this league and it looks far worse after you sent a solid prospect and pics to the seller. If Hunter even considered moving Teirney/ Athanasiou for some unknown prospect I would think he has lost it. Last year he did bold move with Reid but had a very deep D core with the top player coming back in Maatta....but the pick at 7 or 9 does not warrant moving any good prospect unless your very stupid GM and fly into this blind. I also seriously doubt Hunter moves either player and why would he....Teirney is going to have a fine year coming up and far more productive and any import pick...unless it's a top 2 can't miss and they are rare.

Go ahead Spits fans and give away your good young prospects like Marchese and Clarke. I just think it's wishful thinking your going to get anything this year that is actually better than either of them presently.

Import drafts to me are moving up like this Petes pick with a draft pic or two...but certainly not prospects for a 7- 8 or 9,,,,,,not a chance.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:06 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
I just read through pages of posts regarding this import draft and honestly wonder where all this talent is you all speak of. Has anyone actually been through the available lists of players making the jump over, what I heard at Mem Cup from 2 different scouts was this years crop is not pretty nor deep. Next years is projected to be much better with that crop of 17 yr old kids possibly very good into round 2.

Which brings me back to teams or fans wanting to move 2nd yr players straight away for un-known commodities. Way too many busts show up in this league and it looks far worse after you sent a solid prospect and pics to the seller. If Hunter even considered moving Teirney/ Athanasiou for some unknown prospect I would think he has lost it. Last year he did bold move with Reid but had a very deep D core with the top player coming back in Maatta....but the pick at 7 or 9 does not warrant moving any good prospect unless your very stupid GM and fly into this blind. I also seriously doubt Hunter moves either player and why would he....Teirney is going to have a fine year coming up and far more productive and any import pick...unless it's a top 2 can't miss and they are rare.

Go ahead Spits fans and give away your good young prospects like Marchese and Clarke. I just think it's wishful thinking your going to get anything this year that is actually better than either of them presently.

Import drafts to me are moving up like this Petes pick with a draft pic or two...but certainly not prospects for a 7- 8 or 9,,,,,,not a chance.
Guess it all depends on what you see as a prospect/asset to your team. Tierney is safe. AA in my opinion not so much. The talent coming in for the Knights will make a couple players from last season expendable for other pieces. Call it a hunch.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:49 AM
defensehockey19

Was just told the Petes are close on Findlay from SSM. Obviously I have no idea if true or not and rumours are everywhere right now but thought I would share

Old
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
dirk

Findlay would cost the Petes something of serious value. SSM would be nuts dealing their best OA candidate unless its a blockbuster? Do you hear any names going back to SSM?

dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post

Spitfire forwards Clarke and/or Marchese arent going anywhere unless for something substantive,not something unknown
As for London,I really doubt Tierney gets moved,as for AA,I can see it,the Hunters dont like their laundry aired in public,me thinks AA"s handlers goofed up there
A d-man in return would be the ideal thing for the Knights in a AA trade scenario

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:23 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Findlay would cost the Petes something of serious value. SSM would be nuts dealing their best OA candidate unless its a blockbuster? Do you hear any names going back to SSM?
Just picks so I hear, looks like SSM has a pretty deep forward group though and they may wana clear icetime for McCann.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:42 AM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
Brampton needs forwards and could give up a D or two, sounds like a good fit to me

Brampton still owns both of their import picks for the upcoming draft but is unlikely to use either of them as both Machovsky and Machac will be back so I am hoping Butler can fetch something for these import picks that he doesnt need.
No Jordan Auld at Rookie Camp hes either done or on the move, I think Abraham would have some value although not having a good second year and getting hurt and missing the last half he proved in his first year he can bring offense. I don't think Bramptons system suits his game. I cant see them moving Bell, Wind, McIvor or Blujus.

BramptonFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:05 AM
dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
No Jordan Auld at Rookie Camp hes either done or on the move, I think Abraham would have some value although not having a good second year and getting hurt and missing the last half he proved in his first year he can bring offense. I don't think Bramptons system suits his game. I cant see them moving Bell, Wind, McIvor or Blujus.
Auld's role slowly diminished over the season as Brendan Miller started to develop into a Stan Butler favorite and even saw PP time. I still think Auld has value and with the history of trades with Guelph, that might be a good landing spot for him as Guelph needs some experience on D

dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
^What would Belleville be looking for in return if Brassard was to be moved? I'm not too familiar with your team - are you looking to contend now, next year, rebuilding?
We have to be thinking contend now and the following year. Brassard is 93, although unsigned by winnipeg at this time, he would benefit by a change of scenery for sure. I think he has much more to give offensively, with a different system. I would trade him for AA or Teirney straight up though!

Old
06-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
We all know Mathers can fight...coaching is limiting the progression of the other aspects of his game. He'd thrive in London as a power forward. I'd be willing to wager he'd pot 40 points in a Knights uniform. Mathers has Leigh Salters type offensive potential. He's more than just an enforcer..he's just not getting the right guidance where he is.
And at 19, Salters only cost the Knights a 3rd round pick. No way Hunter even considers Athanasiou straight up for Mathers. I think Athanasiou may be figuring his game out. If he plays a good two way, north south game without the neutral zone giveaways like he was later on in the playoffs and Memorial Cup, we're looking at a 30-40 goal season from him. You never know how long it takes certain players to develop. He isn't even 18 yet. Also, I'm not going to buy any of this "Knights need size" crap that we heard all season from everywhere. They came within a goal of winning both the OHL and Memorial Cup. And they did not have a big team up front.

Bruinvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
defensehockey19

I'm sorry but I've watched Mathers for the past 2 years and he in no way will put up 40 points... He has a very heavy shot but it is in no way accurate and he has trouble receiving passes. The petes coaching staff tried putting him infront of the net on the powerplay(have fun moving him) and it failed because the rebounds in the crease would be cleared as he wasn't not even close to quick enough at getting too them.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:40 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I'm sorry but I've watched Mathers for the past 2 years and he in no way will put up 40 points... He has a very heavy shot but it is in no way accurate and he has trouble receiving passes. The petes coaching staff tried putting him infront of the net on the powerplay(have fun moving him) and it failed because the rebounds in the crease would be cleared as he wasn't not even close to quick enough at getting too them.
Sounds like poor coaching to me. Easily fixed. I guarantee if Mathers landed in London...he'd pot 40 points or close to it. He's not being used properly...he's being put into situations to try to make things happen instead of inserting him into spots where they will happen regardless. I'd do AA for Mathers straight up. Where do I sign?

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 06-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:12 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Sounds like poor coaching to me. Easily fixed. I guarantee if Mathers landed in London...he'd pot 40 points or close to it. He's not being used properly...he's being put into situations to try to make things happen instead of inserting him into spots where they will happen regardless. I'd do AA for Mathers straight up. Where do I sign?
So would I, hands down. But you will be dissapointed with the point production I promise you that.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Mathers didnt put up 40 points in Bantam/Minor Midget on a really dominent Elgin Middlesex Team. Just does not have the skills to produce at that high level. He has his role/assets, and plays too it.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:30 PM
defensehockey19

On top of all of that, I doubt he is even moved.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Auld's role slowly diminished over the season as Brendan Miller started to develop into a Stan Butler favorite and even saw PP time. I still think Auld has value and with the history of trades with Guelph, that might be a good landing spot for him as Guelph needs some experience on D
I don't think Auld is coming back, may just be going to school. Brampton does have history with Guelph maybe Abraham? Although Guelph already has some skille Dmen. He does have a lot more experiance then there D minus Pedan and Finn. I think hed be a good fit.

BramptonFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
ImaBullsfan

IMO Stephen Silas will not be signed by the Avs by the start of the season thus will return to the O! He will be in high demand by numerous teams that are looking for a veteran d-man who has powerplay quarterback qualities. For the right offer George ships him out for sure! We have too many checking type forwards Corson,Simmonds,Hooey and Curtis. One or two must go Corson and Simmonds IMO

Old
06-04-2012, 05:26 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
So would I, hands down. But you will be dissapointed with the point production I promise you that.

I agree but he also wouldn't be brought in here for production, they have tons of that. Which brings me back to value.......AA for Mathers ?...not a chance. This is a kid who could go off the charts this year he has that Junior potential but a solid 65-75point season seems reasonable. Mathers would be a role player with far less value than a AA straight up. I would rather have an OA like Findlay outta the Soo who has some hands.

Brassard from Belleville is also an interesting player. I have watched him for two years and such a good skater but the other parts have not caught up yet. He is a guy who could also have a big season.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:41 AM
defensehockey19

Anybody hearing or expecting any deals to be completed today?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
PTBOPETEGM
Rookie User

Quote:
Agreed, and u can have Hatcher back. He shouldn't make the team next year.. Hearing Puempel might want out too? Who knows... Want him too?
I gaurentee you Puempel will not be back with the Petes...any idea's on where he might end up?

PTBOPETEGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTBOPETEGM View Post
I gaurentee you Puempel will not be back with the Petes...any idea's on where he might end up?
How can you guaruntee it?

Old
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
What from Guelph would it take to get someone like Auld or Abraham?

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote