HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
TrueBlue42

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I just think it's ridiculous that this game is soooo dependent on the elements you've provided above. There's no content. If the game were any more on rails it'd be a tour. It preys on the greed of its players. I mean, honestly, what's the purpose of playing after your first Diablo kill? The "challenge" of fighting harder versions of the exact same monsters? No way. It's to find/farm as much as you can and to make as much as you can. To buy and sell. Nothing more. And when you can't make it through the next level what do you do? You "farm up". Not to build your character but rather to build your economy so that you may better utilize the AH.
Diablo games are all about farming...just like in Diablo 1 when I killed Diablo on Normal and then went to Nightmare then Hell and then farmed hell trying to get godly gear. (Oh Obsidian rings of the <affix>, how improbable your drops/wirt selling was.) Economy was ruined by the ridiclously easy methods of dupeing. (You'd drop an item on the ground, walk away, send a command to grab it, and at the same time you reach it/pick it up you click a potion on your belt and it transforms into whatever was on the ground.)

Diablo 2 -- Same situation. Play through game, move on to difficulty, eventually farm for gear to trade. Economy ruined by duping to the point that they added uber diablo to get rid of duped stones of jordan. The entire point was to farm stuff to get gear to make your character better/twink out characters.

Diablo 3 -- Farm stuff to get gear to make your character better. Inferno has the added bonus of not being blown through by most gamers in a week, and the ones that do are twinking out their other characters.

If you really want to add some more fun/challenge to your game I suggest you play hardcore, it brings a whole new element to the game and makes it both extremely intense and extremely painful on death. At the end of the day the point of the diablo arpgs is kill ****, collect loot, rinse, repeat. This one has the benefit of not having easily available top tier gear thanks to duping. You also do not need top tier gear (or even all ilvl60+ stuff) to clear the game on inferno, this was true before 1.0.3 and is still true after 1.0.3.

If you aren't playing a diablo game to farm up/get stuff (be it MF runs, GF runs, or now playing the AH) then beat it on normal, comment on the story, and move on to the next game. The joy of this game is derived from killing stuff to get stuff. If the stuff you are trying to kill is too hard then you need better stuff and should kill easier things to get better stuff. You can beat inferno without ever setting foot in the AH, just like in D1/D2 you could beat hell without ever trading with people, but it just means you need to invest more time into it.

*EDIT -- as a note this is entirely focused on the gear aspect of the game, build and player ability also have a lot to do with how well you do in inferno. I see wizards running the same build as me with 50k DPS (25k more than me) 40k HP (15k more than me) more armor, more resist all, etc and can't clear act 1 inferno. Without knowing your build/class and watching a stream of you playing I really have no way of knowing if gear is the issue at all. Don't take offense to this, just trying to point out there could be more than gear at issue here.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
So how does everyone feel about the patch? I really think whoever is coming up with these nerfs/buffs is trying to make the worst game possible.
It's not good. It feels like im shooting underwater with my DH and the high repair cost makes it extremely hard to accumulate gold. Couple that with the ****** drops and it's just no fun.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Kardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
It's not good. It feels like im shooting underwater with my DH and the high repair cost makes it extremely hard to accumulate gold. Couple that with the ****** drops and it's just no fun.
pretty much.. Only thing that keeps me to this game is the little cash I get for selling items. I'm glad its summer time

Old
06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
Diablo games are all about farming...just like in Diablo 1 when I killed Diablo on Normal and then went to Nightmare then Hell and then farmed hell trying to get godly gear. (Oh Obsidian rings of the <affix>, how improbable your drops/wirt selling was.) Economy was ruined by the ridiclously easy methods of dupeing. (You'd drop an item on the ground, walk away, send a command to grab it, and at the same time you reach it/pick it up you click a potion on your belt and it transforms into whatever was on the ground.)

Diablo 2 -- Same situation. Play through game, move on to difficulty, eventually farm for gear to trade. Economy ruined by duping to the point that they added uber diablo to get rid of duped stones of jordan. The entire point was to farm stuff to get gear to make your character better/twink out characters.

Diablo 3 -- Farm stuff to get gear to make your character better. Inferno has the added bonus of not being blown through by most gamers in a week, and the ones that do are twinking out their other characters.

If you really want to add some more fun/challenge to your game I suggest you play hardcore, it brings a whole new element to the game and makes it both extremely intense and extremely painful on death. At the end of the day the point of the diablo arpgs is kill ****, collect loot, rinse, repeat. This one has the benefit of not having easily available top tier gear thanks to duping. You also do not need top tier gear (or even all ilvl60+ stuff) to clear the game on inferno, this was true before 1.0.3 and is still true after 1.0.3.

If you aren't playing a diablo game to farm up/get stuff (be it MF runs, GF runs, or now playing the AH) then beat it on normal, comment on the story, and move on to the next game. The joy of this game is derived from killing stuff to get stuff. If the stuff you are trying to kill is too hard then you need better stuff and should kill easier things to get better stuff. You can beat inferno without ever setting foot in the AH, just like in D1/D2 you could beat hell without ever trading with people, but it just means you need to invest more time into it.

*EDIT -- as a note this is entirely focused on the gear aspect of the game, build and player ability also have a lot to do with how well you do in inferno. I see wizards running the same build as me with 50k DPS (25k more than me) 40k HP (15k more than me) more armor, more resist all, etc and can't clear act 1 inferno. Without knowing your build/class and watching a stream of you playing I really have no way of knowing if gear is the issue at all. Don't take offense to this, just trying to point out there could be more than gear at issue here.
I understand the game is about loot and that's fine, but it's been 10 years since D2, and they haven't come up with a single way to make the game better, in fact they made it worse. Everything is worse. Except the graphics, which some would argue is better in D2(not me).

They took out all the versatility that was in Diablo 2 and made this game as bland as humanly possible. There is 1, MAYBE 2 builds per class that are viable in Inferno, as opposed to the 3-4 that were available in D2. There are no rune words, no jewels, no armor versatility. What the **** have they been doing for 10 years? A game this simple could have been made in 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
My sentiments exactly, first I made a Wiz, they nerfed EA and I found it unbearable trying to kill ****, so I made a DH, I can finally kill stuff, and they nerf that too. Granted, I think that NT and EA needed nerfs because they were OP, but why nerf attack speed. You're hindering all other classes to make your game seem 'harder'. Now I'm thinking about making a Barb because of how easy this **** will be, but sure enough they will find a way to nerf that too.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Kardi

http://www.***********/r/Diablo/comme...for_patch_103/

and http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...nformation#q15
where you can find this gem.
Quote:
All items in the gold- and real-money auction house are placed up for sale by other players. We don't have any plans at this time to post items for sale in the gold- or real-money auction house directly.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:

You keep commenting on my build/skills as though I'm implying that I'm having a difficult time getting through the game. If that's what you're getting out of my comments, then I apologize. This is about personal tastes. I feel like I've waited 10-12 years for what is essentially a hack'n'slash version of Second Life. I think the content is weak, the scaling a mess, and the AH is one of the worst things in gaming (strictly my opinion of course). D3, I feel, is heavily slanted towards it. Sure you can get through Inferno just by scavenging...but it's too difficult to be the standard. Instead, they lopsided the scaling so that while you could possibly farm your way to the end, more than likely you're spending your time buying and selling your way through the AH (hence the astronomical inflation. Even the latest change to repair costs feels, IMO, like another AH tactic. I don't mind the farming so long as it is to aide in the natural progression of your characters. I played D1 and D2 extensively, and never did I have to actually halt my progress and return to a weaker act in order to build my fortune or find strong enough gear. I feel like D3 is all but forcing you to farm. There is something missing, for me anyway...something organic. I don't hate D3 (I'm still pluggin' away after all), I'm just not all that crazy about it.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Took down Diablo on inferno today. I didn't try him pre-patch because I didn't feel like skipping through all the elites to get to him so I don't know what difference it would have been difficulty-wise but it was a pretty easy fight aside from being really long. Ghom was easily the toughest boss from Act 3 onwards.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:43 PM
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
You keep commenting on my build/skills as though I'm implying that I'm having a difficult time getting through the game. If that's what you're getting out of my comments, then I apologize. This is about personal tastes. I feel like I've waited 10-12 years for what is essentially a hack'n'slash version of Second Life. I think the content is weak, the scaling a mess, and the AH is one of the worst things in gaming (strictly my opinion of course). D3, I feel, is heavily slanted towards it. Sure you can get through Inferno just by scavenging...but it's too difficult to be the standard. Instead, they lopsided the scaling so that while you could possibly farm your way to the end, more than likely you're spending your time buying and selling your way through the AH (hence the astronomical inflation. Even the latest change to repair costs feels, IMO, like another AH tactic. I don't mind the farming so long as it is to aide in the natural progression of your characters. I played D1 and D2 extensively, and never did I have to actually halt my progress and return to a weaker act in order to build my fortune or find strong enough gear. I feel like D3 is all but forcing you to farm. There is something missing, for me anyway...something organic. I don't hate D3 (I'm still pluggin' away after all), I'm just not all that crazy about it.
I understand you, and I was loathe to add the edit in, but the way I see it Inferno is the bonus difficulty, the previous three games had normal/nightmare/hell and for most people did not present a huge challenge. I mean Diablo 2 originally didn't allow respecs and there was a lot of wasted time as I learned what talents were good/bad when I hit brick walls with crappy builds and gave up. I just feel like inferno is the bonus difficulty and people are just trying to clear it as fast as they can. If they instead took it more slowly, worked through it, farmed gear until there wasn't a problem and weren't in a rush to get to the end then there wouldn't be such a huge slant on the AH.

Maybe I'm just different from other gamers, but I intend to play this game to slay things and collect loot, and the particular difficulty I am on is not a major factor to me (Except for my HC toon who will always be a scaredy cat.) Normal, nightmare, and hell were exceptionally easy, each one I basically sat down and played through in one sitting, so it's kinda refreshing to me to have hit roadblocks, even post 1.0.3 people are not just steamrolling everything, but everyone sees it as beating the game as opposed to the challenge mode.

TL;DR: In my opinion normal/nightmare/hell = standard difficulties, inferno = bonus difficulty there to basically bash your skull in. I mean blizzard _did_ promise us we would die and be strapped for gold in inferno when everyone was going insane over how easy beta was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

Old
06-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Heaton
||||||||||||||||||||

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Help me spend my money. Every upgrade seems to cost so much, I know I have some glaring weaknesses, can anyone give me some advice as to what to spend my $$ on first?

http://imgur.com/a/rHyor#0.jpg

Old
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Start with upgrading the items that don't give you any STR right now, like your boots and gloves.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Help me spend my money. Every upgrade seems to cost so much, I know I have some glaring weaknesses, can anyone give me some advice as to what to spend my $$ on first?

http://imgur.com/a/rHyor#0.jpg
that's a nice sword. how much did that bad boy cost you?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Heaton
||||||||||||||||||||

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
that's a nice sword. how much did that bad boy cost you?
I actually bought that on the RMAH for about $6 when it first opened.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:35 AM
TrueBlue42

With the cuts across the board to damage in and your high AR/Armor and good LoH I'd also consider swapping those two of the +vit gems out for +str for a bit of a damage boost. That last picture is a bit weirdly cropped for reading the stats. Do it with flawless square rubys just to see the impact before going for anything higher tier. You may have problems beating enrages at 9k DPS.

*EDIT -- On AH Right now I see two ammys that would be good upgrades for you. One with more str and vit for a trade off of about 100 LoH for 400k, another with more str/vit and a socket for ~ 150 less LoH for 1.3Mil. If you want to spend a bit more do so but this was my search:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9...nshot004hj.jpg

Last edited by TrueBlue42: 06-21-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Zodiac

found this tonight and it seems pretty good.

any idea how good it actually is? and a ballpark on its value?

maybe its Blizzard's way of telling me i should make a Barb.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 AM
TrueBlue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

That 1h is quite good, gonna pop in game to get a ballpark for ya but that should sell for quite a pretty penny

There is nothing like it on the gold AH...i'd list for 15-20mil and see if you get any bites.

*EDIT -- an 800 DPS version with the LoH of that is on RMAH with a current bid of $125 if that's your thing.

*EDIT 2 -- You really have an exceptional 1h there to be honest with you...15-20 mil is conservative since the gold market is kinda contracting a bit, and I have no clue about how to value on RMAH.

Last edited by TrueBlue42: 06-21-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Zodiac

Quote:
That 1h is quite good, gonna pop in game to get a ballpark for ya but that should sell for quite a pretty penny

There is nothing like it on the gold AH...i'd list for 15-20mil and see if you get any bites.

*EDIT -- an 800 DPS version with the LoH of that is on RMAH with a current bid of $125 if that's your thing
Goodness!!

that just might be my thing.

thanks for the info.

edit: ya i dunno what the value is, but it looks good.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
TrueBlue42

Quote:
Goodness!!

that just might be my thing.

thanks for the info.

edit: ya i dunno what the value is, but it looks good.
It more than looks good I've never seen a roll for +vit, +LoH, Lifesteal and 1020DPS.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:01 AM
TrueBlue42

I am talking about it in trade now, people are saying $250 RMAH, 50mil on gold AH.

*EDIT -- also because I haven't said it yet. ****ing grats dude.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:15 AM
BeBen*

Quote:

i want that. i'll buy it if you give me a price tag

Old
06-21-2012, 06:55 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
I am talking about it in trade now, people are saying $250 RMAH, 50mil on gold AH.

*EDIT -- also because I haven't said it yet. ****ing grats dude.
250$ is 41 million gold atm so what you heard doesn't make much sense, wouldn't really rely on randoms in a trade chat to get you an accurate price check

Pretty sure there must have been some Chuck Norris jokes thrown inbetween answers lol

Old
06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
TrueBlue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
250$ is 41 million gold atm so what you heard doesn't make much sense, wouldn't really rely on randoms in a trade chat to get you an accurate price check

Pretty sure there must have been some Chuck Norris jokes thrown inbetween answers lol
No chuck norris jokes, and we're talking an 18% difference here...kinda works out the 15% cut from the GAH, no?

In addition there is literally no weapon that good on either AH.

*EDIT -- Let's not even get into the fact that $250 is the RMAH cap, that you'd expect a bit more than the Chinese gold farmers exchange rate when you're opting out of getting actual cash in exchange for gold, etc. What's your value on it?

*EDIT 2 -- Just checked a diablo gold selling site, $235 for 50 mil right now.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:06 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
No chuck norris jokes, and we're talking an 18% difference here...kinda works out the 15% cut from the GAH, no?

In addition there is literally no weapon that good on either AH.

*EDIT -- Let's not even get into the fact that $250 is the RMAH cap, that you'd expect a bit more than the Chinese gold farmers exchange rate when you're opting out of getting actual cash in exchange for gold, etc. What's your value on it?

*EDIT 2 -- Just checked a diablo gold selling site, $235 for 50 mil right now.
I see 3 on the gold AH but they're stupidly priced and won't sell

The vitality is really good, so is the LoH but the life steal is meaningless because of the diminishing returns in Inferno

EDIT : Last i heard it was 6$ but i see it dropped again, can't wait to see when people have easy access to it through the RMAH, the price will plummet so much

Old
06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
TrueBlue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
I see 3 on the gold AH but they're stupidly priced and won't sell

The vitality is really good, so is the LoH but the life steal is meaningless because of the diminishing returns in Inferno
It's also a 1020DPS 1h

Old
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
It's also a 1020DPS 1h
This. With 800 life on hit and good vit.

You could probably put it up for 250$ on RMAH and someone would bite.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'd take the $250 and run. Really damn good LoH combined with Life Steal and Vit. I was excited about my 1050 DPS crossbow I found with only damage attributes until I came here.