HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Zodiac

vCash: 500
full patch notes ...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147#2

tomorrow ....oh yes!

Old
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

So, once they release PvP and eventually make sockets interesting by re-introducing magic/rare sockets (with a new name, so people don't think they're runes or jewels), what else do they need to add from D2 to bring their player base back?

Old
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
SniperHF
Mod Supervisor
Not aufheben

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I just want to say how much I love this

I also love the guy who was like "RAARWR YOU CREATED HELLGATE LONDON".

BeBen's description of Toolbag was quite apropos.

Old
08-20-2012, 11:12 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
So, once they release PvP and eventually make sockets interesting by re-introducing magic/rare sockets (with a new name, so people don't think they're runes or jewels), what else do they need to add from D2 to bring their player base back?
spam bots

Old
08-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

Reinstalled for 1.0.4 and was getting back into things today. I was leveling up my barbarian from like level 18. I found 3 legendaries, which doubles my total legendary count since release. Unfortunately they're all low level and crap. If I would've gotten them tomorrow they might at least be interesting.

I've got to say, barbarians are way more fun than any other class.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This

Blacksmiths can repair?

That alone makes this patch a huge success.

08-21-2012, 03:52 AM
BeBen*

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...88147?page=1#1

Might give it a go, dunno yet

Quote:
Rend
Weapon damage increased from 210% over 3 seconds to 700% over 5 seconds
Skill Rune - Lacerate
Weapon damage increased from 271% over 3 seconds to 903% over 5 seconds
k, that sounds absurd, i'll have to check it out

Last edited by BeBen*: 08-21-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old
08-21-2012, 05:20 AM
kingsholygrail
that dog won't hunt

Quote:
Botting and duping.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:51 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
well it was always there intent to do this. from the start of D3

Old
08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Gooch

vCash: 692
I have noticed a direct trend downwards in the quality of Blizzard products in the last few years. It hurts mostly because they were once a highly regarded company that I could blindly buy their products and not be disappointed. I dont think a patch can fix Diablo 3, the game has just so many problems with it and most of it centers around the auction house and the way loot is obtained. It's just so fundamentally different from the original diablos that it really shouldnt even share the name. I bought it on the day it was released, I played it for a couple of days and gave up. What irks me more is from what I see out of Mists of Pandora is a system that looks a little too much like the wrong direciton that Diablo 3 went in. What they did with diablo 3 is similar to that of when some movie producer tries to do a remake or a sequel to a classic movie and does so in a horrible and non artistic manner. This Jay Wilson should be ashamed because the only reason I know of his name is because of how awful of a job he has done, so F that loser.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I have noticed a direct trend downwards in the quality of Blizzard products in the last few years. It hurts mostly because they were once a highly regarded company that I could blindly buy their products and not be disappointed. I dont think a patch can fix Diablo 3, the game has just so many problems with it and most of it centers around the auction house and the way loot is obtained. It's just so fundamentally different from the original diablos that it really shouldnt even share the name. I bought it on the day it was released, I played it for a couple of days and gave up. What irks me more is from what I see out of Mists of Pandora is a system that looks a little too much like the wrong direciton that Diablo 3 went in. What they did with diablo 3 is similar to that of when some movie producer tries to do a remake or a sequel to a classic movie and does so in a horrible and non artistic manner. This Jay Wilson should be ashamed because the only reason I know of his name is because of how awful of a job he has done, so F that loser.
We are alike. These are my thoughts/feelings/criticisms.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

I really have a hard time to get why people are complaining about the auction house. My guess is that the game developers saw the trading system was awful in Diablo 2, and a website was created specifically for helping trading in D2, D2jsp. JSP didn't simply made trading easier though, they also made a **** ton of money, selling virtual currencies.

The Auction house, from what I understand, is basically D2jsp directly integrated to the game, which is a great thing. People who complain about "pay to win", Ha... There's always been that in D2, more then you can think of. It was just coming from an unofficial trading website.

Personally, that kind of trading system is the main thing I wished for D3, and they did it, so I can't complain. I haven't played the game yet, still waiting for my laptop, but as far as the auction house goes, I think it's great.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
SniperHF
Mod Supervisor
Not aufheben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
I really have a hard time to get why people are complaining about the auction house. My guess is that the game developers saw the trading system was awful in Diablo 2, and a website was created specifically for helping trading in D2, D2jsp. JSP didn't simply made trading easier though, they also made a **** ton of money, selling virtual currencies.

The Auction house, from what I understand, is basically D2jsp directly integrated to the game, which is a great thing. People who complain about "pay to win", Ha... There's always been that in D2, more then you can think of. It was just coming from an unofficial trading website.

Personally, that kind of trading system is the main thing I wished for D3, and they did it, so I can't complain. I haven't played the game yet, still waiting for my laptop, but as far as the auction house goes, I think it's great.
This is my biggest problem with how people talk about D2. They talk about things like D2JSP as if thats how things always were. Diablo 2 was easily at it's peak from release of LoD to 2003ish. Then Blizzard decided to get involved and tweak and manipulate every little thing. It went from a player based economy to a MMO style game where everyone was pigeonholed into a certain way of doing things.

The skill system is talked about as if its some sort of negative that people can look up the so called "optimal" builds on a website. During the early years of D2's existence this wasn't the case for most people. You'd talk with friends about your build, test them out in SP/Open Bnet, see what works and doesn't. Through experience you learned what worked and didn't.

And then on the topic of buying gear. Again it's the same thing. Instead of using built in systems people used ebay or something like that. This is actually better for the economy as a whole. The percentage of people willing to go to an external website and buy/sell gear is MUCH smaller than the amount of people who are going to use something a few clicks away.

I'll take the hacking, the ebaying, lack of an integrated trade system any day of the week over a game where the players can't find their own way. Diablo 2 wasn't just great because it was a great game, it was a great game because the experience was forged by the players. Diablo 3 and frankly most modern games aren't like this any more. It seems like developers these days are trying to artificially create mature online communities without letting them go through that growing process D2 went through from release to about 2003. In doing so you lose the best potential years of your game.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Zodiac

patch seems really good so far ...they added a ton of stuff.

Old
08-22-2012, 12:17 AM
BeBen*

Took me an hour and a half roughly to get my first paragon level

It gave me, as a Barb

3% MF
3% GF
3 Strength
1 Dexterity
1 Intelligence
2 Vitality

EDIT : Stopped playing couple hours ago but i'll edit here anyway, the second paragon level gave me the same bonuses as the first so we can safely assume that for a barb you get

300% MF, 300% MF, 300 STR, 100 Dex, 100 Intel and 200 Vit plus you'll still be able to get 75% GF/MF from NV so 375%...

Not too shabby for an already level 60

Also playing this game is fun cause i can concentrate on watching TV shows (watching Sons of Anarchy atm) but i wouldn't mind playing with people now that they nerfed coop mobs

If you ever feel like farming inferno just hit me up, preferably Act 3 but i'm fine with any

BeBen#1446

Last edited by BeBen*: 08-22-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old
08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Paradigm

I thought I read somewhere that they capped MF at 300%.

So I guess if you reached Paragon level 100, you would never need MF gear?

Old
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
I thought I read somewhere that they capped MF at 300%.

So I guess if you reached Paragon level 100, you would never need MF gear?
Precisely

Capped at 300% to remove the need for MF gear BUT the NV buff still stacks giving a total of 375% possible MF/GF

Old
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post

The problem is the loot system appears to be balanced around the expected use of the auction house. In D2 the search for your own loot was one of the major things that kept you playing the game. Now the stuff that drops while you play is useless for your current character and mainly just fodder you use to play the Auctionhouse to buy the more level appropriate gear.

I find it striking though that you're commenting with a "I really have a hard time getting why" etc when you havent played the game yet. Save your money, the game is trash if you're expecting anything that picks off where the old Diablo series left off. It was designed by punks who have no clue how an action rpg works and they're also immune to criticism as this last controversy has shown. Consider yourself lucky that you werent like me and caught up in the name hype and considered it a must buy and bought it right away. If I had waited like you wouldve seen that the vast majority of their player base has crashed within a month of release which indicates it's a pretty horrible game and not what was expected.

Old
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

This patch definitely intrigues me. I haven't played since I hit level 60 and got bored about a week after release. This may make me consider playing again... haven't decided yet. I do like what I'm hearing though - the level cap was my main turn off by far, and now they've added virtually 100 levels.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:05 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
This patch definitely intrigues me. I haven't played since I hit level 60 and got bored about a week after release. This may make me consider playing again... haven't decided yet. I do like what I'm hearing though - the level cap was my main turn off by far, and now they've added virtually 100 levels.
It really does make a difference, looking at that bar filling up and having that feeling that you're working towards something is unbelievable in comparison to before, you still get ****** ass drops but hey at least when your game session is over you've made some kind of progression

Old
08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

how long is it going to be before players start pining for the days when getting to level 60 was an achievement and it actually took work to kill monsters and get legendaries?

Old
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Habitat

Tried it the other day. Just cant get back into it, still the same game to me. You can only grind for so long before you get bored. The reward for paragon levels is not good enough to grind it out.

Old
08-24-2012, 07:39 AM
BeBen*

Protip for people coming back, stick a high level red gem in that helm of yours, that 25% XP bonus from a Star is insane for Paragon leveling

Also a 2handers 1392 DPS dropped, i thought i was going to be insanely rich from it, i was making Dr. Evil faces then i check the AH and righttttttttttt turns out loot isin't what it used to be

On the other hand though the new IK two handers is ****ING INSANE

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immo...oulder-breaker

Ya you read that right, 1600 DPS +++ with 300+ Strength

Old
08-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
I hit 60 Barb with a friend like two weeks after release and got destroyed in Inferno. Leveled Wiz to 30, then got bored and didn't play again until last night.

I have to say that it is vastly more enjoyable. Every unique in Act I Inferno has dropped 1-3 yellows with 0 gear MF (5 stack NV though). Regular mobs drop way more blue / yellows as well. It is also way easier; I killed like 15 elites last night and died once to an absurd affix combo.

Old
08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Buddio
CFC

Started getting back into the game with my friends, still only level 51 and just finished Skelly King on hell. Game is a lot more fun if your playing with friends, but I'm getting 1 shotted by everything as a DH

Closed Thread