HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Started getting back into the game with my friends, still only level 51 and just finished Skelly King on hell. Game is a lot more fun if your playing with friends, but I'm getting 1 shotted by everything as a DH
Pick up a level reduced ilvl 63 bow from the AH. They should run for like 200k-400k gold. Faceroll everything up until level 60, sell the bow for what you paid for it, and pick up a new one. You'll still die in one hit, but you'll kill whole screens at a time.

Old
08-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
how long is it going to be before players start pining for the days when getting to level 60 was an achievement and it actually took work to kill monsters and get legendaries?
Um, getting to level 60 was never an achievement.

The thing is, the game had to change. Their original plans for making Inferno a challenge that would last for months went out the window when people using exploits/bugs/overpowered skills blitzed to act 4 inferno and glutted the AH with the items necessary for everyone else to beat inferno too. They realized that, and have now turned Inferno into a somewhat "hard" farming difficulty. This isn't a terrible thing, it's basically the same as D2 was. You needed a decent level of gear to farm, say, Hell Mephisto, but an average person could attain that fairly easily.

What D3 needs now is an actual challenge, with things like Uber Tristram. Blizzard has already acknowledged the need for more content in the end-game. It'll come along in the next few months.

Old
08-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Pick up a level reduced ilvl 63 bow from the AH. They should run for like 200k-400k gold. Faceroll everything up until level 60, sell the bow for what you paid for it, and pick up a new one. You'll still die in one hit, but you'll kill whole screens at a time.
Yeah I just bought a Crossbow off of the AH for 50k (All I had) and it doubled my dps. Level 53 and I have 17k dps. Trail of Cinder is just melting everyone.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:14 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

So had my first real run in 1.0.4 with a friend of mine today. Feels a lot more reasonable now. Problem is, gotta replace all my gear with the upgraded gear for the same ilvl since nothing was changed retroactively. Got a few pieces, but no weapon. We got further into Act II inferno than ever before though. So glad some of affixes are gone.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Buddio
CFC

Anyone know how much I could get for that? First good drop after tagging along with my friend on Act 3 Inferno runs.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
maiplacpotos
Rookie User

Yeah, upgrades look beastly .

Old
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiplacpotos View Post
Yeah, upgrades look beastly .
welcome to hf

Old
11-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
It's been 3 months since the last post in here, does nobody play this anymore?

Stopped playing for a long damn time but picked it up again a few weeks ago. Got my Barb up to paragon 18 before I started getting bored with it. Decided to try my hand at a hardcore WD

One weekend of hard grinding later and

Old
11-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I'll likely get back into it again sometime in the next month or so.

11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Zodiac

been playing it pretty steady since release day.

using a Demon Hunter ...paragon level 65, i think.

still enjoy the game, even though i can get a little burnt out from it at times.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Biggest dissapointment for me in terms of video games I think ever , got a monk to level 50 something , and haven't played since the end of May. Diablo2 was sooooo fun , then they make this .... Boo

Old
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Biggest dissapointment for me in terms of video games I think ever , got a monk to level 50 something , and haven't played since the end of May. Diablo2 was sooooo fun , then they make this .... Boo
Yep, same. Got this and the GoT game on the same day. While I didn't expect much from GoT, this one also blew the big one. Probably the darkest day in terms of gaming in my experience.

Been back on D2 for about a month now, and IMO, its still a far superior experience.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Not sure if you guys have tried it since the introduction of paragon levels and monster power (MP), but things have changed mightily.
  • Paragon levels! 1-100 gained through experience, and each paragon level gives stat boosts equivalent to a level, but with the added benefit of +3% magic find and gold find.
  • Legendaries have been buffed across the board, making the high level stuff worth a damn. The best legendaries beat out the best rares, but rares certainly aren't worthless now either.
  • Legendary drop rates have been buffed. Found 3 with my witch doctor as I was leveling, and one sold for 200k on HC auction house. Decent money for a player far from cap
  • Monster power (MP) introduces a scale of 0-10 for scaling monster power. With each level of monster power, monsters gain increased chance to drop rare and legendary items.
  • UBERS! 2 bosses at the same time with increased stats and abilities! To get to them, you need an infernal machine, which is crafted. There are 3 keys you need to make a machine. They drop off unique bosses in act 1-3 (one each act) with the pattern dropping act 4. Not a guaranteed drop, it scales with monster power (MP2 = 20% drop. MP8 = 80% drop). The ubers bosses themselves have a similar drop method for items used to craft a new, fancy legendary ring. There is a version of the ring for each main stat

That XP gain works towards your paragon levels

Old
11-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Zodiac

love the changes that Blizzard made in the last couple of patches ...ie, actually making Legendary items 'best in slot', making them drop more often, paragon level system (basically adding the ability to level up 100 more levels is great, imo), ability to fight ubers and craft the Hellfire ring, etc.

they are definitely doing a good job on improving the game ...and when they finally add player vs player ...i think that'll be quite awesome. the icing on the cake.

probably will need a few more tweaks after that ...but then add in a nice expansion pack, and you just might have a game that'll take over the crown of the amazing Diablo 2.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
love the changes that Blizzard made in the last couple of patches ...ie, actually making Legendary items 'best in slot', making them drop more often, paragon level system (basically adding the ability to level up 100 more levels is great, imo), ability to fight ubers and craft the Hellfire ring, etc.

they are definitely doing a good job on improving the game ...and when they finally add player vs player ...i think that'll be quite awesome. the icing on the cake.

probably will need a few more tweaks after that ...but then add in a nice expansion pack, and you just might have a game that'll take over the crown of the amazing Diablo 2.
Yea , no . That won't happen.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:25 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Yea , no . That won't happen.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you pretty much killed your credibility when you said you hadn't bothered playing since May. It's a totally different game now.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:32 AM
P U L L H A R D

The changes are great, but why was their launch product so poor after... 11 years? Is that how long Diablo fans had to wait? D3 was basically a more graphically polished version of D2 for kids, with 0 replay value. The fact that you get every skill on every play through bothers me to no end. Have they changed that part of the game?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
Not sure if you guys have tried it since the introduction of paragon levels and monster power (MP), but things have changed mightily.
  • Paragon levels! 1-100 gained through experience, and each paragon level gives stat boosts equivalent to a level, but with the added benefit of +3% magic find and gold find.
  • Legendaries have been buffed across the board, making the high level stuff worth a damn. The best legendaries beat out the best rares, but rares certainly aren't worthless now either.
  • Legendary drop rates have been buffed. Found 3 with my witch doctor as I was leveling, and one sold for 200k on HC auction house. Decent money for a player far from cap
  • Monster power (MP) introduces a scale of 0-10 for scaling monster power. With each level of monster power, monsters gain increased chance to drop rare and legendary items.
  • UBERS! 2 bosses at the same time with increased stats and abilities! To get to them, you need an infernal machine, which is crafted. There are 3 keys you need to make a machine. They drop off unique bosses in act 1-3 (one each act) with the pattern dropping act 4. Not a guaranteed drop, it scales with monster power (MP2 = 20% drop. MP8 = 80% drop). The ubers bosses themselves have a similar drop method for items used to craft a new, fancy legendary ring. There is a version of the ring for each main stat

That XP gain works towards your paragon levels
I jumped back for a bit when the Paragon levels and legendaries were boosted, but I might have to give it another shot with the MP and ubers while I'm waiting for FFXIV:ARR to come back out. The biggest issue with D3 vs. D2 is the build mechanism. One of the greatest aspects of D2 was: A) You decide to say do a Hammerdin, B) you level up and get gear that was largely specific to Hammerdin, C) You get bored, and decide to do a Frost Zealot. The difference between D2 and D3 with item C is that in D3, you just swap your abilities and 90% of your gear is still fine. In D2, you had to start over and almost completely rebuild your character out with gear. That's tedious for some, but is a large part of the reason people still play D2 after 10+ years.

There's more focus on one character in D3, which works in WoW, but doesn't really work particularly well for Diablo imo. Also cooperative play in D3 with randoms has been nothing but a mediocre experience for me. Gear stats are boring to me as well; D2 had some great affixes. There is so much emphasis on resist all in Inferno, which is fine, but boring.. Adding runewords would make the game much more enjoyable as well.

I got to 60 Barb and Inferno roughly two weeks after release. Lord was Inferno impossible back then. With full resist all gear, you could do Act I reasonably well, muddle through Act II dying a whole lot and skipping most champs (they healed to full back then if you died; they no longer heal when you die, HUGE difference), but Act III was just an absolute complete faceroll.

Last edited by Cashville: 11-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Yeah, the game was basically broken out of the box.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Buddio
CFC

Been actively playing it since the end of summer after abandoning it.

Have a WW Barb at 20 paragon atm, the game is a lot more fun once you reach level 60, whole new game.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
BeBen*

Dude bought that on the RMAH for 250$

resold for 40 billion gold = 20,000$ US

Old
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post

Dude bought that on the RMAH for 250$

resold for 40 billion gold = 20,000$ US
Has to be a botter who had that much gold, right? I guess at the end of the day it would take a long as time to get that 20k, maybe even close to impossible.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Has to be a botter who had that much gold, right? I guess at the end of the day it would take a long as time to get that 20k, maybe even close to impossible.
The guy can just sell the gold on the RMAH, should sell quick honestly even such a large quantity

not sure about who bought it though

Not in touch at all with the D3 economy

Old
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Zodiac

...oh those crazy ******** and their money. nice weapon ...but it'd be a cold cold day in hell when i paid anywhere near $250 for any in game item in any game.

i'm mean, i could see maybe tossin $10 or maybe $20 on some stuff ...but man o man. that's just sad.

and to top things off, that weapon will probably be worth next to nothing after a couple patches.

good job on getting the money tho. if you can sell something like that for a lot of cash, by all means do it.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Played for the first time in a couple months. Where I left off, I was doing OK with my setup; things were starting to get challenging, and I was right at Diablo, but I was confident I could take him down.

Here I am 2 months later...I hop in game, and immediately encounter two hordes of mallet lords. They could kill me in two hits...since there were so many of them, they had no trouble landing that many. One trip to the AH for a fist weapon and 500k later, and I pounded my way to Diablo, beat him in less than 1.5 minutes, and am now cruising through Hell.

Those mallet lords absolutely ruined me, though.

Closed Thread