HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Prospect Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  #51
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,629
vCash: 500
how would you rank the oilers' top 10 right now? i assume klefbom/marincin are 1-2, but curious how you all think it falls after that.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
  #52
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
how would you rank the oilers' top 10 right now? i assume klefbom/marincin are 1-2, but curious how you all think it falls after that.
I don't follow our prospects as much as I'd like to or as much as some folk here but I'd go something like this (not counting Pajaarvi):

1. Klefbom
2. Marincin
3. Hartikainen
4. Pitlick
5. Lander
6. Musil
7. Bunz
8. Gernat
9. Hamilton
10. Martindale/Davidson/Rieder

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:13 PM
  #53
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 500
1-2) Klefbom/Marincin
3) Pitlick
4) Harti
5) Lander
6) Bunz
7) Gernat
8) Rieder
9) Hamilton
10) Plante ?

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
  #54
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.
 
Gentle Jake Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Depends what you use to rank them. I would put a guy like Teemu over Marincin since we can be fairly certain Harski will at least have some sort of impact in the NHL in the coming years, while Marty has yet to prove anything in the AHL even. Older prospects may have an advantage, but they've had more time to develop, so in a way it's appropriate.
Having said that:

1. Klefbom
2. Teemu
3. Lander
4. Pitlick
5. Marincin
6. Bunz
7. Musil
8. Rieder
9. Gernat
10. Plante

Pitlick and Marincin could maybe be switched; I just liked Pitlick ahead of him due to his year of pro experience, and that he wasn't too bad in it. Lander above both at this point though since, like Teemu, he seems like a player that even next year could have a positive impact, and given his projected role, is a safer pick to achieve it. Pitlick and Marincin could, for all we know, still be busts.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:18 PM
  #55
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 500
Not sure where to put this, but Neilson retweeted this today

Quote:
Frans Tuohimaa ‏@FransTuohimaa
Waiting for a boarding to start. On our way to the camp with @SamuPerhonen. #Oilers pic

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
  #56
Hellström
Registered User
 
Hellström's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635996

Wade Epp
Jared Coreau
Brandon Magee
Stephane Legault
Antoine Laganiere

Those five are joining the Oilers Dev Camp

Hellström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:25 PM
  #57
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellström View Post
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635996

Wade Epp
Jared Coreau
Brandon Magee
Stephane Legault
Antoine Laganiere

Those five are joining the Oilers Dev Camp
Thanks, Cameron Critchlow and Brett Ferguson are invitees as well.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:02 PM
  #58
Hellström
Registered User
 
Hellström's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Thanks, Cameron Critchlow and Brett Ferguson are invitees as well.
You´re right. Missed them because Ferguson was there last year (looks familiar) and Critchlow anounced his participation weeks ago on twitter.

Hellström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
  #59
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 500
Is Oscar Klefbom coming over for the development camp ?

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
  #60
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Is Oscar Klefbom coming over for the development camp ?
Yes.

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
  #61
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellström View Post
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635996

Wade Epp
Jared Coreau
Brandon Magee
Stephane Legault
Antoine Laganiere

Those five are joining the Oilers Dev Camp

Antoine Laganiere is very intriguing.
He's a big overage center (6'4 197lbs) coming off a breakout year at Yale, nearly tripled his offense from each of his previous seasons.
GP35 G19 A14 Pts33 PIM45

It'll be good to get a look at this guy, and maybe build some ties if we want to sign him as a FA next year.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:45 AM
  #62
ThePresent83
Registered User
 
ThePresent83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Kyle Bigos interview on The Pipeline Show.

- Kyle Bigos happy team is bringing in new talent on the blue line. Wants to be a part of it.
- On breaking out a bit offensively this year... Knows his role is to be a stay at home defensemen. Said coach realized he could be used in different situations though.
- Says he is happy playing at 238lbs, allows him to throw his weight around and still have great conditioning (played at 250 in BCHL)
- Says he puts blinders on and just works hard and will let Oilers determine if he is right for the team
- Will be getting his degree this season
- On contract talks. He's had conversations, but no contract offers. Said he had "a lot of stuff going on in my life" and he couldnt imagine transitioning to pro after last season "with that going on".
- said he wants to keep developing in college but wants to turn pro after his senior year and "make the best impact I can for the team"
- said he didnt get a contract offer this season

ON BECOMING A UFA AFTER THIS SEASON

- Not something on his mind, he wants to focus on training and then doesnt want to go anywhere else
- He keeps thinking that he was drafted by the oilers and "they saw something in me and really liked me" and "have a personal and formal relationship that I really like and hopefully I can land here"
-When asked if Oilers fans should be worried about his UFA out clause.. "absolutely not, I love Canada and I love Edmonton, organization has treated me well. They have me completely right now and I'm very excited to be a part of it, very honored, I'm just going to work as hard as I can to make the team."

Overall, this was an excellent interview. This kid is very well spoken and honest. Seems to legitimately want to be here.
Great interview, the guys on the Pipeline Show do an excellent job.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
  #63
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
Kyle Bigos interview on The Pipeline Show.

- Kyle Bigos happy team is bringing in new talent on the blue line. Wants to be a part of it.
- On breaking out a bit offensively this year... Knows his role is to be a stay at home defensemen. Said coach realized he could be used in different situations though.
- Says he is happy playing at 238lbs, allows him to throw his weight around and still have great conditioning (played at 250 in BCHL)
- Says he puts blinders on and just works hard and will let Oilers determine if he is right for the team
- Will be getting his degree this season
- On contract talks. He's had conversations, but no contract offers. Said he had "a lot of stuff going on in my life" and he couldnt imagine transitioning to pro after last season "with that going on".
- said he wants to keep developing in college but wants to turn pro after his senior year and "make the best impact I can for the team"
- said he didnt get a contract offer this season

ON BECOMING A UFA AFTER THIS SEASON

- Not something on his mind, he wants to focus on training and then doesnt want to go anywhere else
- He keeps thinking that he was drafted by the oilers and "they saw something in me and really liked me" and "have a personal and formal relationship that I really like and hopefully I can land here"
-When asked if Oilers fans should be worried about his UFA out clause.. "absolutely not, I love Canada and I love Edmonton, organization has treated me well. They have me completely right now and I'm very excited to be a part of it, very honored, I'm just going to work as hard as I can to make the team."

Overall, this was an excellent interview. This kid is very well spoken and honest. Seems to legitimately want to be here.
Great interview, the guys on the Pipeline Show do an excellent job.
Sounds like a great kid, the guy is huge. How is is skating and puck handling, does he have a decent first pass.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
  #64
ThePresent83
Registered User
 
ThePresent83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Sounds like a great kid, the guy is huge. How is is skating and puck handling, does he have a decent first pass.
Skating is his biggest weakness right now. He is more of a safe play type of defenseman. He's not going to make any game breaking plays, but from what I've watched, his first pass is as good as it needs to be.

You'll definitely notice him more in your own zone then you will anywhere else.

I honestly believe that if everything goes right for this kid and he improves his skating he can top out as a 5-6 NHL guy. If not, I think he will be a serviceable farm hand.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:29 PM
  #65
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,830
vCash: 500
Saw Bigos development camp pics on FB, still looks like a giant there . Curious as to how he is looking at a higher level. Anyone notice much from him?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #66
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Saw Bigos development camp pics on FB, still looks like a giant there . Curious as to how he is looking at a higher level. Anyone notice much from him?
Lateral speed was better than I was expecting. Maybe he can turn into a Sutton after some years in the minors.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:09 AM
  #67
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
Hall-RNH-Eberle
PRV-Pitlick-Yakupov
Harti-Lander-Rieder
Hamilton-VV-Martindale/Moroz

Petry-Klefbom
Gernat-Shultz
MArincin-Musil/Teubert

Bunz
Roy

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:15 AM
  #68
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Hall-RNH-Eberle
PRV-Pitlick-Yakupov
Harti-Lander-Rieder
Hamilton-VV-Martindale/Moroz

Petry-Klefbom
Gernat-Shultz
MArincin-Musil/Teubert

Bunz
Roy
On a really good team I see and PItlick on the 3rd line, Zharkov I think will be a good left winger.
PRV; RNH; Eberel
Zharkov; Hall; Yak
Harti; Lander; Pitlick
Hamilton; VV; Moroz

I keep hearing they want to play Hall at centre this year so that will add some size to the top 6; Zharkov has amazing skill and wants to prove everyone wrong, he has great size and is very hard on the puck, what a steal.

I can see this line up in 3-4 yrs though.

On defense I see Marincin being better than Gernet;
Klefbom, Schultz
Smid; Petry-These will be our vets
Marincin; Musil
Bigos- 7th dman
Those are all big dmen; so much for not having some size.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
  #69
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Antoine Laganiere is very intriguing.
He's a big overage center (6'4 197lbs) coming off a breakout year at Yale, nearly tripled his offense from each of his previous seasons.
GP35 G19 A14 Pts33 PIM45

It'll be good to get a look at this guy, and maybe build some ties if we want to sign him as a FA next year.
Ryan Martindale is a great project as well.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
  #70
NAF
Beauty Fakes
 
NAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Hall-RNH-Eberle
PRV-Pitlick-Yakupov
Harti-Lander-Rieder
Hamilton-VV-Martindale/Moroz

Petry-Klefbom
Gernat-Shultz
MArincin-Musil/Teubert

Bunz
Roy
The problem with this mock lineup is that it is composed entirely of Oilers prospects and players with two or fewer years in the NHL. That will never happen. Teams need veteran leadership. Trades will occur and at least two or three of your listed prospects stand a good chance of never making it to the NHL.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:16 AM
  #71
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,032
vCash: 500
No Zharkov for the Canada-Russia Challenge (roster)

Not surprising though, the only players from this years draft selected for the team are Yakupov and Grigorenko. Plus one under age player, Pavel Buchnevich.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
  #72
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
No Zharkov for the Canada-Russia Challenge (roster)

Not surprising though, the only players from this years draft selected for the team are Yakupov and Grigorenko. Plus one under age player, Pavel Buchnevich.
Determined to win a game this time? Haha
I actually see Yakupov winning one by himself. It should be a good series.

I remember when Gagner was hyped to be a number one centre...

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:26 PM
  #73
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post

I remember when Gagner was hyped to be a number one centre...
Gagner still can become a #1 center.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
  #74
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
1. Klefbom
2. Lander
3. Hartikainen
4. Bunz
5. Marincin
6. Musil
7. Pitlick
8. Rieder
9. Gernat
10. Fedun/Roy

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #75
Kayen
Fire Eakins
 
Kayen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South Korea
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
1. Klefbom
2. Lander
3. Hartikainen
4. Bunz
5. Marincin
6. Musil
7. Pitlick
8. Rieder
9. Gernat
10. Fedun/Roy
What does this have to do with anything?

Kayen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.