ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM
DucksFanDFW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
My account was hacked! It wasn't me it was Jameson
Can you get Jameson to give us a translation?

DucksFanDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 50
Funny how alot of the drunk posting on our board seems to involve the Queens.....

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
ahump90

NO!!

ahump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFanDFW View Post
Can you get Jameson to give us a translation?
I`m in.
Google doesn`t translate Jameson>Latvian, or English.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

Quote:
Tde Kings adny ****ttted for what it benign ,, 41 Drviks
What I love about your poetic magic, is that you actually wrote the "curse" word well enough that the censor caught and "bleeped" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Papaspud, you are no longer my hero.....
I relinquish my crown. The King is dead....Long live the King.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:08 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
What I love about your poetic magic, is that you actually wrote the "curse" word well enough that the censor caught and "bleeped" it.
Priorities

Old
06-02-2012, 01:21 PM
FinnishFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
There are some funny parallels when you compare this Kings/Devils series to the Ducks/Devils series from 2003.

Both teams had notorious divers as captains (Ducks had Kariya, Kings have Brown).
Both teams had goalies performing at another level (Ducks with Giguere, Kings with Quick).

I guess that's where the likenesses end. The only other missing ingredient is Oleg Tverdovsky, who won a Cup with the Devils in 2003 and his last NHL team was the Kings in 2007.

Take solace in knowing that your team was the first California based hockey team to win a Cup and that the Ducks have reached the Conference Finals more times than the Kings have in their 45 year existence.
Plus I believe both the Ducks and Kings were 12-2 going into the SC.

FinnishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Freaking devils... Really disappointing me

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I've always respected Dirk and Pepper as posters so it's nice to see them behind the Kings. I hope both of you keep up the good fight on the main boards as it relates to tough hockey.

Ducks winning in 2007 was the worst moment of my sports fandom but it wouldn't have been if LA had won a Cup by then. I set a record for fastest exit from a sporting venue after Game 3; I think I was at the car at the Phoenix Club within 5-7 minutes of the final buzzer and would have punched my mother in the face if she tried to calm me down. Nobody can ever take away the fact that the Ducks not only won a Cup first, but they even got closer than the Kings ever did during the 2003 run. To me, the Ducks are a more successful franchise even if the Kings wind up winning this thing.

I know a lot of us Kings fans hoped the 2007 Ducks victory would lead to the Kings spending more and doing things right. The one thing I think it did was make AEG and Liewieke loosen the reins on making hockey decisions and allow Lombardi to do things his way. Now we are seeing the results of this.

I wouldn't worry too much as a Ducks fan. If Getzlaf wakes up, you are right back in there. Sbisa is developing very nicely and Brookbank really furthered his game. Get a full TC with Boudreau and a good Summer and we'll see what happens. ****, Phoenix won the division this year and I think the Ducks have more talent.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Leizi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I've always respected Dirk and Pepper as posters so it's nice to see them behind the Kings. I hope both of you keep up the good fight on the main boards as it relates to tough hockey.

Ducks winning in 2007 was the worst moment of my sports fandom but it wouldn't have been if LA had won a Cup by then. I set a record for fastest exit from a sporting venue after Game 3; I think I was at the car at the Phoenix Club within 5-7 minutes of the final buzzer and would have punched my mother in the face if she tried to calm me down. Nobody can ever take away the fact that the Ducks not only won a Cup first, but they even got closer than the Kings ever did during the 2003 run. To me, the Ducks are a more successful franchise even if the Kings wind up winning this thing.

I know a lot of us Kings fans hoped the 2007 Ducks victory would lead to the Kings spending more and doing things right. The one thing I think it did was make AEG and Liewieke loosen the reins on making hockey decisions and allow Lombardi to do things his way. Now we are seeing the results of this.

I wouldn't worry too much as a Ducks fan. If Getzlaf wakes up, you are right back in there. Sbisa is developing very nicely and Brookbank really furthered his game. Get a full TC with Boudreau and a good Summer and we'll see what happens. ****, Phoenix won the division this year and I think the Ducks have more talent.
Don't know if i'm just too drunk but this seems like a reasonable post by a Kings fan

Leizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:54 AM
puckyeah

I dont 'get' why Ducks fans would root against the Kings and Kings fans would root against the Ducks.

These are So Cal based teams, YOU live in So cal and you're going to root for a club from NJ instead of rooting for the club from So Cal?

Is there some rule or law that says you're required to 'hate' one of the So Cal teams?

Here...lets say you love hockey and live in So Cal and you love going to games. You could go to Kings games AND Ducks games....you dont have to 'pick and choose' you can enhance your entertainment experience by rooting for TWO teams....So Cal has 2 teams, why not root for and support both?

puckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Takao
kesbae

Don't think I'll bite on this one..

Takao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:45 AM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

I agree with you Unholy......he's just chumming the waters.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:09 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
I dont 'get' why Ducks fans would root against the Kings and Kings fans would root against the Ducks.

These are So Cal based teams, YOU live in So cal and you're going to root for a club from NJ instead of rooting for the club from So Cal?

Is there some rule or law that says you're required to 'hate' one of the So Cal teams?

Here...lets say you love hockey and live in So Cal and you love going to games. You could go to Kings games AND Ducks games....you dont have to 'pick and choose' you can enhance your entertainment experience by rooting for TWO teams....So Cal has 2 teams, why not root for and support both?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
DarthYenik

I agree with him. But apparently we're supposed to hate the Kings because a couple condescending a-hole Kings fans insulted Ducks fans 18 years ago. And then the Ducks fans fired back.

Then we held whatever successes each team had over each other's heads. They made the finals, then we made the finals then. Then we won the cup, then they won the cup. So now there's no turning back.

If we could just logic away a feud, the Hatfields and McCoys would be best friends, and Richard Dawson would be best known for Hogan's Heroes.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
I agree with him. But apparently we're supposed to hate the Kings because a couple condescending a-hole Kings fans insulted Ducks fans 18 years ago. And then the Ducks fans fired back.

Then we held whatever successes each team had over each other's heads. They made the finals, then we made the finals then. Then we won the cup, then they won the cup. So now there's no turning back.

If we could just logic away a feud, the Hatfields and McCoys would be best friends, and Richard Dawson would be best known for Hogan's Heroes.
Well, Im actually in LA county, but pretty much right in between LA and OC. I actually liked both teams for exactly the reason that poster said. Why wouldnt i root for a so cal team over a team from a completely diff state?

But, most of my friends are Kings fans (who dont share my so cal pov and hate on the Ducks) and I have one friend in particular who single handedly made me always want the Kings to lose. Yes, so annoying that he constantly talked about how the Ducks sucked when they just won the cup and they were at the bottom. So, even though i still dont hate the Kings, deep down i just want them to lose out of spite.

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Duck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
It's called bragging rights.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

I live in NY, can I still hate the Kings?

Old
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
I live in NY, can I still hate the Kings?
Only if you cheer for Rangers, Islanders and Devils all at once.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:04 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
It's called bragging rights.
Bragging? Who exactly are you bragging TO?

puckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote