HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where does Detroit go from here?

Old
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
Anyone who pays Semin, who's only managed to score 54 points the last two year, over 5 million dollars per year is losing their mind. I guess he's off to the KHL
You're not paying for last years 54 points. You're paying for his 187 goals and 386 points in 417 games over the last 6 seasons.

I would be shocked if he takes less than 5.5m. I'd also be shocked if someone gives him more than 2-3 years max.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Nobody. They may sign people to replace him, but the answer is nobody. Suter's game would have been an amazing compliment, but it cannot replace him.

I'm not sure if the Red Wings can stay an elite team without Lidstrom. Then again, people probably said the same thing about Yzerman.
Yeah but Datsyuk and Zetterberg are two amazing players.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Rabiddog

Suter to the Wild is the most likely landing place. All you have to do is look at all the connections Suter has with the wild. Starting with his wife, who is from Minneapolis. I believe he said whats best for his family. Theres alot more connections then that.

Rabiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Go Wings

Holland will do his best to get Suter failing that he'll aquire someone else through trade or free agency. Detroit might not be as good as they were but will still make the playoffs.

All for all the homers out there that say Detroit will finish dead last give your head a shake to get the rocks out of there. And if it by some chance it did happen Detroit would draft Seth Jones (look him up) and there problems on defense would quickly be solved.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaffran View Post
Suter to the Wild is the most likely landing place. All you have to do is look at all the connections Suter has with the wild. Starting with his wife, who is from Minneapolis. I believe he said whats best for his family. Theres alot more connections then that.
Really? Because I'm pretty sure you're the first person to mention him for the Wild.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaffran View Post
I'm sure he can afford plane tickets.

Outside of his wife there really isn't a single hockey reason for him to go there. So no, it's not the "most likely" landing place.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
steveott x29*

they could trade for a d man but who ?

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveott x29 View Post
they could trade for a d man but who ?
Enstrom, Whitney, Bouwmester, Murray, etc. I think the wings have the Prospect depth to get a deal done if it came to it. The other thing is that they could sign a couple #2/3 guys and run defence by committee.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:40 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

I think Detroit has enough faith in their youth that they aren't going to spend beyond replacing Lidstrom. They have a lot of cap space left to spend, but I think they have enough faith in both their depth and the skills of their forwards.

In the first place, I see Suter to Detroit as almost a given at this point, so that's one defenseman.

The second defenseman will be Quincey. He knows Detroit's system, he's an RFA and he'll fill some of the offensive void left by Lidstrom.

Finally, I'd say they don't sign another forward in the off-season and just take another run at Jiri Hudler. If they think they need someone, they'll probably go after an extra forward in the middle of the season.

Hudler - Datsyuk - Zetterberg
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Franzen
Abdelkader - Nyqvist - Cleary
Miller - Helm - Eaves
Mursak -

Suter - Quincey
Kronwall - Ericsson
Smith - White
Kindl

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Apparently Suter is Detroit's to lose?

Last edited by Celtic Note: 06-01-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:21 AM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Apparently Suter is Detroit's to loose?
How loose?

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
How loose?
Fixed

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Luceni

If they manage to sign Suter AND Parise (But I guess parise will stay in NJ) it's Detroits cup to loose 2013

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Master Shake

I do not see Suter signing in Detroit.

Hes interested in some place to raise a family. I honestly see him either going to Minnesota or staying in Nashville.

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:33 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

Hes interested in some place to raise a family. I honestly see him either going to Minnesota or staying in Nashville.
Plenty of hockey players have raised families in Detroit. He wouldn't be the first to try it. Have you ever been there?

Old
06-01-2012, 06:56 AM
TCNorthstars

vCash: 599
Quote:

What a completely ignorant statement. The Detroit area is a fine place to raise a family.

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:25 AM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Nobody. They may sign people to replace him, but the answer is nobody. Suter's game would have been an amazing compliment, but it cannot replace him.

I'm not sure if the Red Wings can stay an elite team without Lidstrom. Then again, people probably said the same thing about Yzerman.
Ok, seriously.

Yzerman was a 2nd line center when he retired. He never really recovered fully from the knee surgery in 02-03. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were also already on the roster at that point. Lidstrom was still one of the half dozen best defensemen in the game, even if he wasn't #1 by a country mile anymore.

There's a slight difference in the size of the hole it leaves talent wise.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Redwings1927

I could not stop laughing after the one guy said that Suter is a given to go to the wild just because he has one or two connections.....................

If you want to go completely on connections:

- Suter said he wanted to be close to Minnesota, not in Minn.
- He wants to sign a life-time deal so he can raise the family, Detroit can do that easier then most teams
- Suter's dad was also Chelios' defense partner for awhile (Chelios works in Detroit's front office)
- He doesn't have to raise his family in Detroit and he can find a home outside of Detroit...there are many places he could live.
- Detroit is not as bad as most people think, so please get informed.
- Suter play's a defense style of play and puck possession...have you ever seen the Wings play?

That is off the top of my head...so sorry Wild fans. I am not trying to be a d1c|< but it just won't happen.

Redwings1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings1927 View Post
- Suter's dad was also Chelios' defense partner for awhile (Chelios works in Detroit's front office)
Uncle Gary Suter was Chelios's partner, not Ryan's dad Bob Suter.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:26 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:

I'd accept that argument, as there are many places better than Detroit to raise a family. except you named 2 of the places that aren't as examples, so fail

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Capathetic

I think the wings will take a small step back this year and slowly decline until they can add some young impact players in the future. The good thing about the wings is letting the prospects mature into great two way players,the bad being the shelf life is not as long and you get stuck with some rather large contracts with older players.

Detroit has struck gold deep in the draft and for thier fans sake I hope it continues because in the next few years they have alot more to replace than just Lidstrom. Datsyuk-Still great but seemed injuries are starting to catch up to him as he gets older. Zets and Franzen same boat with injuries and those are Detroits anchors. Then the complimentary pieces are even more question marks. Bertuzzi,miller,cleary are also in the twilight.

I have faith Detroit will find a way to stay competitive because they always do. I also think these next few years will be the toughest sledding yet providing they dont land all these free agents that are aparent locks...Suter,Parise and Semin. With the khl and better scouting from other nhl teams its very unlikely they fly another Zetterburg and Datsyuk under the radar...no first this year either.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:04 AM
steveott x29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Holland will do his best to get Suter failing that he'll aquire someone else through trade or free agency. Detroit might not be as good as they were but will still make the playoffs.

All for all the homers out there that say Detroit will finish dead last give your head a shake to get the rocks out of there. And if it by some chance it did happen Detroit would draft Seth Jones (look him up) and there problems on defense would quickly be solved.
you guys will not make the playoffs but will come in 9th 10th 11th

not very good depth on offence not very good d howard is veary overated he is not good you have no prospects and no fucther you guys blow

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Rabiddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings1927 View Post
I could not stop laughing after the one guy said that Suter is a given to go to the wild just because he has one or two connections.....................

If you want to go completely on connections:

- Suter said he wanted to be close to Minnesota, not in Minn.
- He wants to sign a life-time deal so he can raise the family, Detroit can do that easier then most teams
- He doesn't have to raise his family in Detroit and he can find a home outside of Detroit...there are many places he could live.
- Detroit is not as bad as most people think, so please get informed.
- Suter play's a defense style of play and puck possession...have you ever seen the Wings play?

That is off the top of my head...so sorry Wild fans. I am not trying to be a d1c|< but it just won't happen.
Wild connections.
-Wife is from Minneapolis area her prominent Minneapolis real estate developer dad is her current employer.
-Suter played for owner of the wild who use to be the former owner of the Preds.
-Suter's agent is a college teammate of MIN Wild major shareholder, Phil Falcone -- they remain very good friends.
-Suters good friend Tom Gilbert would be his defensive partner.
-He wants wherever he signs yo be his last stop, what happens in five years when Dat and zettrer are retired. Wild with all there young prospects have alot more to offer for the future.

He still might sign with Detroit, we don't know only Suter knows. But if you don't have the Wild as one of the top contenders your not looking at the big picture.

Rabiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:52 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

According to HF, the league's top free agents are Detroit's to lose

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:24 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveott x29 View Post
you guys will not make the playoffs but will come in 9th 10th 11th

not very good depth on offence not very good d howard is veary overated he is not good you have no prospects and no fucther you guys blow
What a well thought-out post.