HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI 2nd+ Anders Lee

Old
05-31-2012, 09:36 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Why would Rozsival move from a team with a shaky situation who made the conference finals to a a team with a shaky situation that didn't make the playoffs? It's a pipe dream. And, yeah, that's pathetic.

Cheers,

Dan-o
How would that be a pipedream? If it's a 2 or 3 year deal I don't see how the Isles "shaky" situation would effect him.

Also I would be pretty surprised if Rozsival doesn't sign with the team that offers him the most expensive contract. If the Isles are offering him 4-4.5M per season and every other offer is around 3-3.5, I'd be surprised if he doesn't choose the Islanders.

BTW, this is another reason why I don't understand the Snow bashing on the Isles board. The guy gets flamed for not bringing in UFAs, but at the same time apparently bringing in guys like Rozsival is a "pipe dream."

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:55 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
How would that be a pipedream? If it's a 2 or 3 year deal I don't see how the Isles "shaky" situation would effect him.

Also I would be pretty surprised if Rozsival doesn't sign with the team that offers him the most expensive contract. If the Isles are offering him 4-4.5M per season and every other offer is around 3-3.5, I'd be surprised if he doesn't choose the Islanders.

BTW, this is another reason why I don't understand the Snow bashing on the Isles board. The guy gets flamed for not bringing in UFAs, but at the same time apparently bringing in guys like Rozsival is a "pipe dream."
You're assuming that:
1) Wang is willing to overpay - lets face it, the Isles have been playing about $10M under the floor the past couple of years. Do you really think he is going to open up the wallet for Roszival? And yes, the Isles are not close to the Cap floor yet, but, when you add in Martin, Nelson, possibly Nino or Strome or our first this year, we won't need a $4.5M cap hit to get there.

2) Roszival will sign a 1-2 year deal - He is 33 years old. He may be able to get a 3-4-5 year deal. If he signs a 1-2 year deal, odds are he will be signing for less at the end of it.

3) Roszival doesn't care about anything other than money - The Isles are going to struggle to make the playoffs for the next 1-2 years. Roszival has made good money the past few years. What makes you think he wouldn't take less to play for an actual contender like the Wings?

And as far as crucifying Snow, my problem with him has nothing to do with UFA, where I think he has done a great job with his hands tied. My problem is that he has been completely unwilling and/or unable to move any of his younger players/prospects/picks for players to help now. Not saying he should be moving his top guys, but those 2nd/3rd round picks and/or Anders Lee type prospects should be available to take some of the pressure off the Isles' young NHL players.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles have Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald in their top 4.All have shown they can play quality,top 4 minutes.

Isles need another top 4 defenseman.Not a prospect,with top 4 potential.
Not another team's 3rd pairing defenseman,who's never shown he can log 20 mins a night in the top 4 or who's best yrs are clearly behond him.

22 yr old Donovan is coming off a strong,rookie season in the AHL.He has #3 potential.21 yr old De Haan is the isles top blueline prospect.
They along with Ness and Katic, will fight for a limited number of nhl spots.

So,what veteran defenseman could the isles 2nd rounder and Lee bring back?

I'd rather this player have 2 yrs or more on his deal,but would settle for one.
Isles budget could pay around $4m per season.

Kaberle + MTL 2012 3rd
for
Lee + NYI 2012 2nd

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Kaberle + MTL 2012 3rd
for
NYI 2nd + NYI 2012 2nd
Huh?

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Huh?
fixed

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:51 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Kaberle + MTL 2012 3rd
for
Lee + NYI 2012 2nd
I pointed out, that the isles need someone who can play quality,top 4 mins.

Snow has signed vets with little left in the tank.Adding Kaberle is just more of the same.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'd honestly rather just keep our assets and go for a UFA. I think Michal Rozsival would be a great fit playing alongside Streit. That gives us Streit, Rozsival, Hamonic and MacDonald under contract for 2012-13.

For the remaining two spots I'd create an open competition in TC between Donovan, deHaan, Reese, Katic, Ness, Kichton, and yes.. Murray. I'd sign Staios to another one year deal to be our 7th. Break up the Hamonic-MacDonald pairing so we can balance the 2nd and 3rd pairings, this way each rookie gets to play with someone who has experience. While it's impossible to predict who will step up in camp, in theory I'd like to see:

Streit - Rozsival
Murray - Hamonic
Donovan - MacDonald
7th - Staios

Bridgeport: de Haan, Reese, Katic, Ness, Kichton

I'm sure I'll get flamed for the Murray-Hamonic pairing, since Murray will be a 19YO getting top-4 minutes, however they need to be playing together from the beginning, IMO. Those two will be our 1st pairing of the future, and I really think they will be effective together as the 2nd pairing from day one. I just see them both complimenting eachother's games perfectly.

Either way, this unit is head and shoulders above what we were rocking this past season. IMO, Rozsival is as good as any UFA option not named Suter as far as defensemen go. This guy is criminally underrated, and if the Isles can get him locked up for a couple of seasons at around $4M per, I'd be absolutely thrilled.

So yeah, I think it would be wise to hold onto our assets and just use the UFA market to fill that top-4 role. This way when next season's trade deadline comes and we're somehow in the hunt, we will have a handful of assets to choose from when trying to upgrade our team.
I see you're getting roasted, but I like this proposal.

Maybe offer the ufa, the security of an exta season to get him to bite.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Isles could probably pry Ballard away from the Canucks, but he doesn't really look all that appealing. Maybe if they added a bit more, they could go for JBow? He's not perfect, and he's a bit overpaid, but he fits the bill quite nicely for the Isles and their needs in my opinion.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Isles could probably pry Ballard away from the Canucks, but he doesn't really look all that appealing. Maybe if they added a bit more, they could go for JBow? He's not perfect, and he's a bit overpaid, but he fits the bill quite nicely for the Isles and their needs in my opinion.
No interest in paying Jaybo $6.6m.Isles have a budget.At that price,Snow should expect a stud.Not just a big minute eater who doesn't rack up pts,doesn't play physical and doesn't block a lot of shots.

As for Ballard..he's had a few straight bad seasons.

I'd rather get Robidas for the price of Lee or the 2nd,then a struggling Ballard.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
No interest in paying Jaybo $6.6m.Isles have a budget.At that price,Snow should expect a stud.Not just a big minute eater who doesn't rack up pts,doesn't play physical and doesn't block a lot of shots.

As for Ballard..he's had a few straight bad seasons.

I'd rather get Robidas for the price of Lee or the 2nd,then a struggling Ballard.
Yeah, that's fair. I honestly think that the Islanders would best served by going after Bryan Allen. He'd be a great fit with Streit, wouldn't be so taxed playing with him as he was with Staois this season.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Yeah, that's fair. I honestly think that the Islanders would best served by going after Bryan Allen. He'd be a great fit with Streit, wouldn't be so taxed playing with him as he was with Staois this season.
His name has come up on the NYI board a few times.

From a recent Newsday report ,it looks like Snow,Morrow and Weight are looking to the ufa market,trying to figure what defenseman might want to take on a larger role.

That was the selling point Snow used,when he signed Streit.

I'm just wondering if Snow can't sign a solid,top 4 defenseman,what teams could offer up a top 4 defenseman for the NYI 2nd + Lee.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:44 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I know most JETS fans will not agree as ideally we would like a top 6 forward that will contribute immediately, but I would be interested in Brock Nelson and the NYI 2012 2nd. I may be biased though because I am a big fan of Nelson and would love to have him in the Jets Organization. I think he will develop into a very good #2 center or great #3 center in worst case scenario.

Like most Jets fans, I do not want to trade Enstrom, but I'd rather move him now and gain some tangible assets than lose him for nothing or possibly gain less in value at next season's deadline.

Mind you, if Enstrom were to agree to sign an extension with the Islanders upon trade, the value coming back would increase.

Others of interest include Lee, Mayfield and Martin.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I know most JETS fans will not agree as ideally we would like a top 6 forward that will contribute immediately, but I would be interested in Brock Nelson and the NYI 2012 2nd. I may be biased though because I am a big fan of Nelson and would love to have him in the Jets Organization. I think he will develop into a very good #2 center or great #3 center in worst case scenario.

Like most Jets fans, I do not want to trade Enstrom, but I'd rather move him now and gain some tangible assets than lose him for nothing or possibly gain less in value at next season's deadline.

Mind you, if Enstrom were to agree to sign an extension with the Islanders upon trade, the value coming back would increase.

Isles won't trade their top prospects for a 1 yr rental like Enstrom and Brock Nelson is one of their top youngsters.According to McKenna here on hf,he's a good bet to make and stick on next season's NYI roster

Why would Estrom sign a reasonable extension with the NYI,not even testing the market?

Isles won't wildly outbid other teams.We saw that with Erhoff.
Their arena situation and budget,hardly make them attractive to top ufas.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
IslesNorway

The problem the Islanders are gonna face in the UFA market is that the asking prices will be vastly inflated, and as they have very tight budget getting what they want at a price they're comfy with is going to prove extremely gard.

I like the Rozsival proposal and the Allen one too. They are the type of player they could use but with the marked getting small by the day what will they get as UFAs?

IslesNorway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:55 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Makes sense.

My thought was that Meszaros could be a longer-term piece--Streit can't play forever, etc.--but I certainly understand wanting to keep high-end prospects.
I'm sure the majority of Islanders fans would welcome Meszaros as a long term piece, but would Meszaros himself would to be part of the long term solution on LI? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post

Would love to get Enstrom on this team.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Skm

Anders Lee OR NYI 2nd for Andy Sutton

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I'm sure the majority of Islanders fans would welcome Meszaros as a long term piece, but would Meszaros himself would to be part of the long term solution on LI? I think not.

Would love to get Enstrom on this team.
Enstrom is a ufa in 1 season.

Is he signing an extension,that fits into the NYI budget?

The last time Snow dealt top prospects for a soon to be ufa,in a major deal,was at the 2007 trade deadline.

He simply does not make those type of short term moves.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Skm

Quote:

The last time Snow dealt top prospects for a soon to be ufa,in a major deal,was at the 2007 trade deadline.

Too bad those top prospects sucked and the Oilers wasted the 1st rounder .

Old
05-31-2012, 01:09 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Been there done that.

IslesNorway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Sutton is an ex-Isle.

Snow and the coaches made zero effort to get him to stay,although he told Botta in an interview that he hoped to sign an extension.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Too bad those top prospects sucked and the Oilers wasted the 1st rounder .
That is the only thing that kept some fans from grabbing their torches and pitchforks,then storming the arena for Garth Snow

Old
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Skm

Quote:
Sutton is an ex-Isle.

Snow and the coaches made zero effort to get him to stay,although he told Botta in an interview that he hoped to sign an extension.
Yeah Sutton is old and not really worth anything on the market anymore but watching him this year I was VERY surprised at how well he played for a #5/6 dman. He's obviously quite slow now but had some huge hits, surprisingly good hands and a decent breakout pass.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

vCash: 50
Quote:

Would they take a package around Bailey for him? I would do that, then try and resign Enstrom using the money Ehrhoff turned down.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:23 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Would they take a package around Bailey for him? I would do that, then try and resign Enstrom using the money Ehrhoff turned down.

You really think Snow would make such a move?
I would be surprised if Snow moved Bailey, for a player signed only for 1 season.

I'm certainly not saying Bailey is untouchable .I just think Snow will want a player back,who's rights the team will control for several seasons.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:28 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
I see the Islanders making a move for Garrison or Bryan Allen on draft day, for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. Similar to what they did with Ehrhoff.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote