HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
  #351
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
I managed to move one section closer to center ice yesterday, but had to go from row 3 to row 4. For anyone playing with this thing, make sure you keep refreshing a second window with your rangers account, because if it times out you will lose your new seats when you click to confirm!

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
  #352
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
everything in the $50/$53 price range is sold out

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
  #353
417BLUE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Just upgraded to $53 in section 210 Row 19, I let go of my section 213 Row 21.

417BLUE is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
  #354
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post
You were one of the ones who were put on row 14 at first, right?

I'm pretty sure at this point there's nothing they can do for me, and since I had to release the seats they gave me first -- I'm basically s**t outta luck with tickets for this season. Sad, really. Especially when people in front of me with less tenure got moved with no problem... I feel like for me, it's years thrown down the drain.
Yes, that was me.

When is your relocation date? Call in and ask them -- Surprisingly, my rep found me cheaper seats with no problem at all.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
  #355
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
anyone want to move their $53 seats to a steeper price range so i can take your seats lol

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
  #356
Blueshirt67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
everything in the $50/$53 price range is sold out
If they arent allowing downgrades, how can this be possible? if anyone upgraded from these seats to more expensive ones, wouldnt that mean their old seats become available and only someone who was already in this section could switch to them? I was hoping these would be available when they allow us to add additional seats.

Blueshirt67 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
  #357
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
If they arent allowing downgrades, how can this be possible? if anyone upgraded from these seats to more expensive ones, wouldnt that mean their old seats become available and only someone who was already in this section could switch to them? I was hoping these would be available when they allow us to add additional seats.
Idk Someone here said if you can and talk to them they will work with you and might let you downgrade. My upgrade was yesterday and when I logged on there was only 1 pair in the $50 and none in the $53 and as of 6 this morning when I last checked there was nothing

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
  #358
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
The reps at MSG are very helpful. I have 6 seats and a friend of mine has 3 seats. I called MSG before the upgrade process and asked if we could be put together. They took care of us and my 6 seats piggyback his and they moved us closer to center ice.

Giacomin is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:38 AM
  #359
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
If they arent allowing downgrades, how can this be possible? if anyone upgraded from these seats to more expensive ones, wouldnt that mean their old seats become available and only someone who was already in this section could switch to them? I was hoping these would be available when they allow us to add additional seats.
That's a really good observation. If everything was on the up and up, there should be exactly the same number or more of the $50 seats today as there were on day 1 of the upgrade process. The fact that there's not tells you all you need to know about people cutting the line or getting preferential treatment by being allowed to downgrade when others were not

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:44 AM
  #360
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
That's a really good observation. If everything was on the up and up, there should be exactly the same number or more of the $50 seats today as there were on day 1 of the upgrade process. The fact that there's not tells you all you need to know about people cutting the line or getting preferential treatment by being allowed to downgrade when others were not
I have to believe that while the official line has been "no downgrades" they have worked with anyone who wanted to move into lower price seats. Honestly, there's no reason why a current subscriber shouldn't be allowed to relocate to wherever they want before someone on the waiting list gets seats for the first time...so I have no problem with that. But it's a bit disingenuous to only allow those who are vocal about it to do so. Every unoccupied seat should be available, and when it's your turn to upgrade you should have the choice to select whatever the heck you darn well please. As for those on the waiting list, they can choose whatever is left over and join the upgrade queue in subsequent years like everyone else.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:45 AM
  #361
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
As of 9:45 am this morning, this is the number of seats available in each row in the lower new 200's:


GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM
  #362
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Gordan.. you're awesome for doing this...

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM
  #363
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
As of 9:45 am this morning, this is the number of seats available in each row in the lower new 200's:

Kind of what you would expect to see. Nothing in the center or just off center sections...and then increasing availability as you move towards the bad end (7th Ave.) I would guess the pair in 220, Row 8 are the next to go.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
  #364
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Kind of what you would expect to see. Nothing in the center or just off center sections...and then increasing availability as you move towards the bad end (7th Ave.) I would guess the pair in 220, Row 8 are the next to go.
Still crossing my fingers as I am a new subscriber. Said they would contact me about locations in early July. The first rows are pretty much ruled out for me. If there is availability in the uppers which sections do you think I should stay away from?

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
  #365
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I would guess the pair in 220, Row 8 are the next to go.
How right you are, that pair is now gone. People really like to sit where the Rangers shoot twice, but they are forgetting about where Hank saves twice

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:03 AM
  #366
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
How right you are, that pair is now gone. People really like to sit where the Rangers shoot twice, but they are forgetting about where Hank saves twice
I'll double down on 215, Row 9....although someone could beat me with a play for Row 6 in 208 or 227. lol

Pesonally, I'd rather sit 5 rows further back on the end we attack twice. I'm happy enough being wowed by Hank in the 2nd period. I much prefer the offensive action in front of me. When I first started I was in the last row of the 300s directly behind our goal...and I frequently learned that we scored when the red light went on. I was out of that end after my first season...not for me.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:09 AM
  #367
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
This was the email I just received from my rep.

We are still looking at sometime in mid-July for season tickets to go on sale. You will be contacted by me when we do and we’ll pick out the seats over the phone.


It went from early July last week to mid-July. Probably will change to end of July and then never.. lol

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
  #368
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'll double down on 215, Row 9....although someone could beat me with a play for Row 6 in 208 or 227. lol

Pesonally, I'd rather sit 5 rows further back on the end we attack twice. I'm happy enough being wowed by Hank in the 2nd period. I much prefer the offensive action in front of me. When I first started I was in the last row of the 300s directly behind our goal...and I frequently learned that we scored when the red light went on. I was out of that end after my first season...not for me.
Personally it doesn't matter to me especially if I'm behind the goals. The way the new 300s are pitched and they make you feel closer like you are hanging over the action.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
  #369
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
No other movement in the past half hour, we're probably at the end of the line for upgrading accounts sometime today

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
  #370
thesnake
Registered User
 
thesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
I've heard that the site goes dark at noon today... so no movement after that.

I was able to move to row 2 of section 217.... I've been trying every day (pretty much constantly) to snag some asile seats in 217 or 218 in row 2, with no luck at all so far...

We are just 4 seats off the end, but Im used to that extra room.

thesnake is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:01 AM
  #371
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
The 3 front row in 221 just went

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
  #372
thesnake
Registered User
 
thesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I have to believe that while the official line has been "no downgrades" they have worked with anyone who wanted to move into lower price seats. Honestly, there's no reason why a current subscriber shouldn't be allowed to relocate to wherever they want before someone on the waiting list gets seats for the first time...so I have no problem with that. But it's a bit disingenuous to only allow those who are vocal about it to do so. Every unoccupied seat should be available, and when it's your turn to upgrade you should have the choice to select whatever the heck you darn well please. As for those on the waiting list, they can choose whatever is left over and join the upgrade queue in subsequent years like everyone else.
We were squeaky wheels... we complained enough and were able to downgrade. I think that my 15 years of seniority should give us that right... being forced to wait until after everyone else on the waiting list would be nuts.

Add to that the documentation they sent this year said nothing about not being allowed to downgrade. It did say it last year, but not this year...

thesnake is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
  #373
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The 3 front row in 221 just went
Down to 1 pair remaining in my Row 1 of 214.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
  #374
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
We were squeaky wheels... we complained enough and were able to downgrade. I think that my 15 years of seniority should give us that right... being forced to wait until after everyone else on the waiting list would be nuts.

Add to that the documentation they sent this year said nothing about not being allowed to downgrade. It did say it last year, but not this year...
My point is that you shouldn't have had to be a squeaky wheel. If everyone was given the opportunity to move wherever they wanted you would likely have been able to do so anyway because of your long tenure.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
  #375
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Down to 1 pair remaining in my Row 1 of 214.
The 6 piggyback in 227 rows 7 & 8 are gone too

GordonGecko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.