HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Best upcoming slovakian player

Old
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Oilers4life1987

vCash: 500
Best upcoming slovakian player

Can anyone tell me about Marko Dano and Patrik Koys. I know little about them but apparently they are pretty good.

Oilers4life1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Rumcajs

Tatar, Marincin, or Jurco.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Christien

Tatar, or Jurco.

Christien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:19 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Jurco is the next big thing from Slovakia.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:08 AM
slovakiasnextone

Considering the OP mentions Daňo and Koyš I think he was looking for players that were not drafted yet rather than drafted guys like Tatar, Jurčo or Marinčin.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Oilers4life1987

Yes i meant players that havent been drafted or in the CHL.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:52 AM
smitty10

Must be Koys, Dano or Paulovic. Not really any other notables.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:08 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Must be Koys, Dano or Paulovic. Not really any other notables.
IMO Martin Reway is the most talented U18 player from Slovakia. He's more than PPG player in every league (tourney) he has joined. Currently playing for U20 Sparta Prague team. There's a chance he will make a senior Sparta Prague team next season.
Ernest Bokroš, head coach of Slovak U18 and U20 national teams said, he has got Pálffy's tools in him.

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94282

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Bojovnik

Send a message via MSN to Bojovnik
I think Marko Dano is a great great player.

Another name is Martin Reway. Might be a bit undersized, but he has skill in abundance.

Bojovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Zolik37
No.1 Guenin Fan

vCash: 50
Richard Pánik (Tampa Bay prospect) IMO has the most potential of all drafted Slovaks, to be the next star.

Zolik37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:36 AM
defensehockey19

Any chance Marko Dano comes over to play in the CHL?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
IMO Martin Reway is the most talented U18 player from Slovakia. He's more than PPG player in every league (tourney) he has joined. Currently playing for U20 Sparta Prague team. There's a chance he will make a senior Sparta Prague team next season.
Ernest Bokroš, head coach of Slovak U18 and U20 national teams said, he has got Pálffy's tools in him.

Among undrafted players, on talent alone, easily Martin Reway.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
smitty10

Here's my little run down on drafted Slovak prospects:

I think that the best drafted Slovakian player is likely Tomas Tatar (DET). Watching this kid in the World Championships was a treat. He's going to be a very good player for Detroit. Tomas Jurco (DET) and Marek Tvrdon (DET) also have first line potential and could end up being the best of the drafted players in the end. Martin Marincin (EDM) and Martin Gernat (EDM) are also high potential players and I think they'll look good patrolling the blueline for Edmonton in a few years.

Richard Panik (TB) is a good prospect, but I think his potential tops out at a second line player, more likely as a third liner. Adam Janosik (TB) has second pairing potential, as does Juraj Mikus (TOR) but I doubt they ever reach it and Peter Ceresnak (NYR) will likely be a bottom pairing defenseman if he ever makes the NHL. Radoslav Illo (ANA) has top 6 NHL potential and I think he's a top 6 or bust type of player.

Tomas Marcinko (NYI) will likely never be an NHL player and if he does it will be as a fourth liner or 13th forward. I see him having a career in Europe more than anything.

Does anyone have information on Janus (TB)? I've only seen him play a few times in the last 2 years and I'm not a great judge of talent when it comes to goaltending. He has good numbers, but what will he top out as?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I think Marko Dano is a great great player.

Another name is Martin Reway. Might be a bit undersized, but he has skill in abundance.
Dano is far from being great player. Weaknesses: skating, work ethic, determination, size. Has enough talent/skills/hockey sense to be NHL players but question is if he wants to be player.
I like Marek Tvrdon but I have same doubt too. And it was same for Stefan Ruzicka and Richard Panik in the past.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Christien

Quote:

I think that the best drafted Slovakian player is likely Tomas Tatar (DET). Watching this kid in the World Championships was a treat. He's going to be a very good player for Detroit. Tomas Jurco (DET) and Marek Tvrdon (DET) also have first line potential and could end up being the best of the drafted players in the end. Martin Marincin (EDM) and Martin Gernat (EDM) are also high potential players and I think they'll look good patrolling the blueline for Edmonton in a few years.

Richard Panik (TB) is a good prospect, but I think his potential tops out at a second line player, more likely as a third liner. Adam Janosik (TB) has second pairing potential, as does Juraj Mikus (TOR) but I doubt they ever reach it and Peter Ceresnak (NYR) will likely be a bottom pairing defenseman if he ever makes the NHL. Radoslav Illo (ANA) has top 6 NHL potential and I think he's a top 6 or bust type of player.

Tomas Marcinko (NYI) will likely never be an NHL player and if he does it will be as a fourth liner or 13th forward. I see him having a career in Europe more than anything.

Does anyone have information on Janus (TB)? I've only seen him play a few times in the last 2 years and I'm not a great judge of talent when it comes to goaltending. He has good numbers, but what will he top out as?
Nice little rundown . I agree with most said here.

Christien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:16 AM
bassassin

Quote:

Janosik hasn't been signed by Tampa, he will be a UFA.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Janosik hasn't been signed by Tampa, he will be a UFA.
Yes, he can still be signed though. He's working out this summer with a Czech team IIRC.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Oilers4life1987

Okay that all sounds great but does anyone have info on Dano, Koys, Paulovic and Reway. Who's better between them and who has the most upside

Old
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Snipeshow

Tvrdon.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:22 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Okay that all sounds great but does anyone have info on Dano, Koys, Paulovic and Reway. Who's better between them and who has the most upside
I've read somewhere on these boards that Paulovic doesn't have much upside. Probably the least out of this group (?)

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I've read somewhere on these boards that Paulovic doesn't have much upside. Probably the least out of this group (?)
Really? I remember last year the talk was about him and Koys and which of them was better. Has he regressed or not progressed as much as people originally thought?

Old
05-31-2012, 11:59 AM
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo

vCash: 2660
Koys

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Eyelanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post

Yep, Reway is very good and I really liked his vision, puck skills and hockey sense. I think that Koys has the potential to be a player, but I just wasn´t impressed by his skating or physical presence.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Any chance Marko Dano comes over to play in the CHL?
Probably not this season. He will sign contract with Slovan to play KHL.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote