HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The NEW Red Wings...?

Old
04-27-2013, 11:35 PM
RedWinger10

vCash: 500
The NEW Red Wings...?

Are the Red Wings getting hot at the right time? Is this a different team in the last 5 games than we have seen for the majority of this season? Things seem to be clicking lately and I am actually excited to see this team take on the #2 Aneheim Ducks and hopefully further into the playoffs. What do you think?

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Adityase

Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
Are the Red Wings getting hot at the right time? Is this a different team in the last 5 games than we have seen for the majority of this season? Things seem to be clicking lately and I am actually excited to see this team take on the #2 Aneheim Ducks and hopefully further into the playoffs. What do you think?
This team reminds me of a college football team. College football teams are filled with young people who can improve over evolutionary leaps in ability and even talent. When the Wings didn't have a training camp the question marks entered the season. Holland's plan to smooth over them by overcommitting to veterans made sense for that reason. But being forced to see what the young D can do and then relying on young forwards... we are actually a better team now than we were to start the year for sure. I don't know if we're as good as the last 4 games might indicate since we've been in playoff mode when some of our opponents haven't, but we're better than we were.

Frankly, I expect us to eliminate the Ducks. We might not, but I think it's a good matchup for us.

Adityase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:00 PM
VM1138

I think their transformation is legit. Even when games down the stretch weren't going their way for a period or so, they still played well and didn't make stupid mistakes like they did.

I'd say their consistency over the last five games or so is here to stay. They also looked more like the Wings of old.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:27 PM
pdd

I expect the Wings to beat the Ducks and the Hawks, and then face off against either the Canucks or Kings in the conference finals; I'm hoping for the Canucks.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
LeighDx13

I think they are finally clicking, which might work out wonders for Detroit. I can't wait until they have Tatar up full-time, along with an actual training camp and preseason. Next year should be pretty exciting

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:53 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I expect the Wings to beat the Ducks and the Hawks, and then face off against either the Canucks or Kings in the conference finals; I'm hoping for the Canucks.
Hawks are going to be tough to beat by anyone, but their beatable.

St. Louis to me is the worse matchup for Detroit. Their size, depth, and style would make for a tough series that Detroit would have to hope to win 1-0/2-1 type games. That scares me.

LA is similar, but a better matchup for Detroit I think. Although I think LA could be St Louis again. Just based on matchups.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:06 AM
RedWinger10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDx13 View Post
I think they are finally clicking, which might work out wonders for Detroit. I can't wait until they have Tatar up full-time, along with an actual training camp and preseason. Next year should be pretty exciting
I agree. This team seems to be looking like a playoff team at least. I mean LA proved that getting hot at the right time is the key in the playoffs. Same thing in 09 with Pittsburgh. Hot teams can play way above their regular season level and put teams on their heels. As long as we don't have a total meltdown (which lets be honest, is a total possibility) this team can surprise a lot of people.

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote