HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Skinner

Old
05-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Only guy who fits that description on the Sharks is Marc-Edouard Vlasic. Lefty, stud defensively, 25, $3.1M through next season and then he's a UFA.

But, Canes would be very dumb to trade Skinner for Pickles.
Vlasic got Calgary Kiprusoff, I'd say it's fair.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:01 AM
tuckrr

I thought this was a crazy thread when it said 'trade skinner'

then I saw crosby's name come up and I knew it was crazy.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:04 AM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
BCC is spot on, and the mention of Crosby got me thinking, maybe Carolina and Pittsburgh could swap ailing stars on the downturn?

Skinner
Brett Sutter
2013 1st (conditional on Crosby playing more than 25 games in the 2012//2013 season)

Sidney Crosby

It's become readily apparent from all the other Jordan Staal thread's that he's clearly one of the most important fixtures of the Pens lineup, so much so, that I'd assume even if he were to be traded (which he wouldn't) the asking price would be so high as to make such a trade actually harmfull for the team receiving him. So to try to find a new venue for these trade talks I propose this: Clearly Malkin is the best player in the league atm, even Ovechkin said so, and Staal is obviously option 1b, so this makes Sidney the odd man out. Even discounting his several severe concussions, his game seems to have slowed a step since the golden goal in Vancouver. He seems to be easily able to be put off his game by even the slightest disturbance, the Flyers series was case and point. And his lofty contract is very unappealing. By doing this trade the Pens unload arguably the weakest of their top 3 centres, and in return get a proven 30 goal winger on a VERY managable contract, the captain of one of AHL's best teams who can instantly step in and fill the 4th line centre roll for Pittsburgh and a first round pick which virtually assures the Pens the ability to draft in the top 10 next season, since the Hurricanes will be eliminated in early February. This is the prototypical win//win trade. Pens get to replace one ailing player with two better options at reduced cap hits and at the same positions while also adding a 30 goal winger in the proceess (who's younger than most of their current wingers as well), while the Hurricanes get a marketable name they can use to help sell tickets and jerseys.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of this post.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:05 AM
malks7171*
some

Quote:
BCC is spot on, and the mention of Crosby got me thinking, maybe Carolina and Pittsburgh could swap ailing stars on the downturn?

Skinner
Brett Sutter
2013 1st (conditional on Crosby playing more than 25 games in the 2012//2013 season)

Sidney Crosby

It's become readily apparent from all the other Jordan Staal thread's that he's clearly one of the most important fixtures of the Pens lineup, so much so, that I'd assume even if he were to be traded (which he wouldn't) the asking price would be so high as to make such a trade actually harmfull for the team receiving him. So to try to find a new venue for these trade talks I propose this: Clearly Malkin is the best player in the league atm, even Ovechkin said so, and Staal is obviously option 1b, so this makes Sidney the odd man out. Even discounting his several severe concussions, his game seems to have slowed a step since the golden goal in Vancouver. He seems to be easily able to be put off his game by even the slightest disturbance, the Flyers series was case and point. And his lofty contract is very unappealing. By doing this trade the Pens unload arguably the weakest of their top 3 centres, and in return get a proven 30 goal winger on a VERY managable contract, the captain of one of AHL's best teams who can instantly step in and fill the 4th line centre roll for Pittsburgh and a first round pick which virtually assures the Pens the ability to draft in the top 10 next season, since the Hurricanes will be eliminated in early February. This is the prototypical win//win trade. Pens get to replace one ailing player with two better options at reduced cap hits and at the same positions while also adding a 30 goal winger in the proceess (who's younger than most of their current wingers as well), while the Hurricanes get a marketable name they can use to help sell tickets and jerseys.
i can't imagine skinner can grow a mustache, but am intrigued by sutter's possibilities. what do you think his peak is? handlebar? pancho villa?

malks7171* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:09 AM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks7171 View Post
i can't imagine skinner can grow a mustache, but am intrigued by sutter's possibilities. what do you think his peak is? handlebar? pancho villa?

He's not just potential....he's got the proven results to show for it.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:14 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:

Skinner
Brett Sutter

Sidney Crosby

Phenomenal

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:15 AM
H a w k s

hjalmarsson Stalberg and 18.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Besides, the Hurricanes are gonna draft Teräväinen anyway, we can just replace Canadian Justin Bieber with Finnish Justin Bieber

Old
05-31-2012, 02:23 AM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Besides, the Hurricanes are gonna draft Teräväinen anyway, we can just replace Canadian Justin Bieber with Finnish Justin Bieber

Kid is going to need bodyguards to keep the tweens from mauling him at every public appearance. The budget for Skinner's bodyguards has been through the roof...it would be better to draft someone with less appeal to that crowd.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon cole canes View Post
Kid is going to need bodyguards to keep the tweens from mauling him at every public appearance. The budget for Skinner's bodyguards has been through the roof...it would be better to draft someone with less appeal to that crowd.
We could trade the pick for Chris Neil and the rights to Zenon Konopka

Old
05-31-2012, 02:39 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Defensive, preferably left-handed. Age doesn't matter. Preferably with a cap hit below $9M.
Marc Staal? Reunite him with his brother . Or Del Zotto maybe?

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Boom Boom Anton

For perspective, here is some of Bandwagon Cole Canes legendary work:

"Roszival, Dubinsky and a 2nd" GDT
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=716633

Gritty Veteran Aaron Ward AKA Taylor Hall's Biggest Fan video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=MCldWIwoTwU#!

"Claude Giroux Adjusted Statistical Season"
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1144875

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
pld459666

when I first saw this OP's comments yesterday in the Staal to Carolina thread, I thought that he had to be kidding.

Then I saw some of his replies to thsi thread and firmly believe he has got you all hook line and sinker.

There's no way this guy is serious.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:

Skinner
Brett Sutter

Sidney Crosby

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:

Skinner
Brett Sutter

Sidney Crosby

<-----That about sums it up!

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks7171 View Post
Reports are his off-season 'stache routine is going well as he attempts the full-bore Rollie Fingers.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:07 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
when I first saw this OP's comments yesterday in the Staal to Carolina thread, I thought that he had to be kidding.

Then I saw some of his replies to thsi thread and firmly believe he has got you all hook line and sinker.

There's no way this guy is serious.
I know he wasn't serious. But that's what I would offer. Same with someone asks what I would be offer for Kane.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:25 PM
SIDGENO8771

Staal + 2013 2nd for Skinner + 2012 2nd

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:44 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Furthermore, I think that if you polled Hurricanes fans on whether they would trade Skinner for Crosby, the majority would say yes.
So...?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Staal + 2013 2nd for Skinner + 2012 2nd
Skinner > Staal as far as trade value.

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
For perspective, here is some of Bandwagon Cole Canes legendary work:

"Roszival, Dubinsky and a 2nd" GDT
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=716633

Gritty Veteran Aaron Ward AKA Taylor Hall's Biggest Fan video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=MCldWIwoTwU#!

Easily one of my top-5 favorite threads of the year.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:54 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:

Skinner
Brett Sutter

Sidney Crosby
This may be the best trade proposal of all time.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:54 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
So...?
If a majority of fans would trade player A of their team for Crosby straight up -> player A sucks.

If above is true AND a majority of Pens fans would not trade Crosby for player A straight up -> player A really really sucks and should proabbly go back to the AHL and try again

Skinner should take a good long look at his life and his choices.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:

Perfect. We already have his draft jersey ready to go, courtesy of Jussi Jokinen.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote