HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-col

Old
05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Gabotrick

vCash: 500
Nyr-col

I was wondering how much Duchene is worth? I believe he is RFA this year Im probably wrong, but what would it take to get him.

Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
I was wondering how much Duchene is worth? I believe he is RFA this year Im probably wrong, but what would it take to get him.
McDonagh (+/-)

(That would give Colorado their top-pairing for the next decade at McD / EJ).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Yeah it'd be McDonagh +

Kreider as the + might get it done. Not sure I'd do that but that's what I would anticipate as the cost.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Yeah it'd be McDonagh +

Kreider as the + might get it done. Not sure I'd do that but that's what I would anticipate as the cost.
I don't think it would take Krieder. More like a "B" level prospect or late 1st.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
bernmeister

As badly as I want a sniper for Rangers and am willing to pay, McDonagh + Kreider are off the table.

Pls try again.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:03 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
As badly as I want a sniper for Rangers and am willing to pay, McDonagh + Kreider are off the table.

Pls try again.
If McDonagh and Kreider are off the table, so is Duchene.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:03 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:

Pls try again.
This.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:

Pls try again.
So then it would be Staal + a bit.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
It would take McDonagh to get Duchene. There's no reason for Colorado to move him for Staal.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
It would take McDonagh to get Duchene. There's no reason for Colorado to move him for Staal.
There's no reason to move Duchene for McDonagh.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
There's no reason to move Duchene for McDonagh.
Makes sense.

My thought was that McDonagh is the Rangers most valuable piece under the age of 23--and he's also a position of long-term need for Colorado (top-pairing LH). I know Colorado has Siemens, but he's always seemed a bit more like a 3D than a 2A to me.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure why the OP thinks the Rangers need Duchene. Perhaps that should have been my first response.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
If McDonagh and Kreider are off the table, so is Duchene.
Lol injury prone Duchene for the a 22 year old top pairing D man who on his first full year was the best D on one of the best defensive teams in the league. Oh and his +/- was real good, he played +25 mins and he had the 6th highest ES (even strength points) out of ALL defensemen in the whole league.

He had no PP time and still put up +30 points. Oh did I mention he was a big reason we was #1 in eastern and reached the ECF, oh and yeah... this was his FIRST FULL YEAR. The kid is stud. Norris trophy candidate potential.

And you also want us to throw in a 6'3, 231 lbs winger with superspeed who came into the playoffs from College (without playing in AHL or NHL before) and scored 5 goals, a few GWG, was defensively sound.

He did all that out of college, in the playoffs. What do you think he'll do in the regular season with his skillset (speed, size, shot etc) when there's more ice, more space?

I almost forgot, both players are still on their ELC'S....

So a young ELC #1 defensemen and a young, huge, speedy winger with top 6, possibly top 3 potential on his ELC as well for Duchene?

Haha! Are we trading for Giroux or Stamkos? No? GTFO...

Duchene is injury prone and he is not a PPG. This package is worth alot more than Duchene. I love Duchene but let's get realistic...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Thank you.
Acknowledged this is not agreed to by all, but may be enough of a consensus this could work.
Generally prefer to move Girardi instead of Staal, but would move Staal for Duchene.
Can we agree on the +?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Lol injury prone Duchene for the a 22 year old top pairing D man who on his first full year was the best D on one of the best defensive teams in the league. Oh and his +/- was real good, he played +25 mins and he had the 6th highest ES (even strength points) out of ALL defensemen in the whole league.

He had no PP time and still put up +30 points. Oh did I mention he was a big reason we was #1 in eastern and reached the ECF, oh and yeah... this was his FIRST FULL YEAR. The kid is stud. Norris trophy candidate potential.

And you also want us to throw in a 6'3, 231 lbs winger with superspeed who came into the playoffs from College (without playing in AHL or NHL before) and scored 5 goals, a few GWG, was defensively sound.

He did all that out of college, in the playoffs. What do you think he'll do in the regular season with his skillset (speed, size, shot etc) when there's more ice, more space?

So a young ELC #1 defensemen and a young, huge, speedy winger with top 6, possibly top 3 potential on his ELC as well for Duchene?

Duchene is injury prone and he is not a PPG. This package is worth alot more than Duchene. I love Duchene but let's get realistic...
I think you read too much into his post--I think he was saying "if [both] McDonagh and Krieder are off the table..."

In other words, a trade has to start with one of the other. I don't think he was saying it would take both.

(If he was, he deserves the scorn you just heaped on him).

Old
05-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post

Love how a player gets hurt in one season and hes automatically labelled as injury prone...

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's a lot better. McDonagh+>>>Staal+

Still wouldn't do it cause we don't need another center, but that's besides the point.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Rhaego

When was the last time a player of Duchene's magnitude/potential/skill was traded at his age?

Hes not getting traded unless its an overpayment...

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I don't want Duchene, I don't want Stastny.

I want Landeskog

Landeskog for Staal and a 1st

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I don't want Duchene, I don't want Stastny.

I want Landeskog

Landeskog for Staal and a 1st
And why would Colorado do that?

Old
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
pld459666

Quote:
same reason we trade McDonagh for Duchene.

We won't and neither will they.

However, if they are needing a Left handed LD, and a top notch one at that, then Staal is as good as McDonagh is in that regards.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:38 PM
pld459666

Quote:
and while I like EJ, Staal is a better defenceman right now.

however, it would be interesting to see them playing together

Old
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
same reason we trade McDonagh for Duchene.

We won't and neither will they.

However, if they are needing a Left handed LD, and a top notch one at that, then Staal is as good as McDonagh is in that regards.
Your reason is there is no reason? What?

If Colorado was going to move Duchene, it would be because they have two other top-6 centers (Stastny and O'Reilly), and they would do it to acquire a similar-aged, similar-ceiling player at a position of need (e.g., LHD).

There is no such logic with Landeskog.

McDonagh is more valuable than Staal--in part because of age, in part because of contract, and in part because of Staal's injury concerns. I doubt Colorado would move Duchene for a package centered around Staal.

Quote:
and while I like EJ, Staal is a better defenceman right now.

however, it would be interesting to see them playing together
How is that relevant? No one is suggesting trading EJ, let alone for Staal.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Your reason is there is no reason? What?

If Colorado was going to move Duchene, it would be because they have two other top-6 centers (Stastny and O'Reilly), and they would do it to acquire a similar-aged, similar-ceiling player at a position of need (e.g., LHD).

There is no such logic with Landeskog.

McDonagh is more valuable than Staal--in part because of age, in part because of contract, and in part because of Staal's injury concerns. I doubt Colorado would move Duchene for a package centered around Staal.

How is that relevant? No one is suggesting trading EJ, let alone for Staal.
Basically I was stating that if we are looking at Colorado to upgrade our offence by using one of our top 3 defenceman, I would not want either Duchene or Stastny and I would target Landeskog. Additionally I would look to move Staal to get that done.

Knowing full well that the mention of Landeskog is a non starter just as much as the mention of McDonagh's name is also a non-starter for the Rangers.

It's funny that you mention Duchene for a package centered around Staal. I wouldn't move Staal for JUST Duchene, a player with his own injury concerns to worry about as well.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

It's funny that you mention Duchene for a package centered around Staal. I wouldn't move Staal for JUST Duchene, a player with his own injury concerns to worry about as well.
That's understandable--but I'm certain Colorado fans would say the same. A history concussions is considerably more concerning than a history of leg injuries.

I'm neutral in this. But Duchene's value pretty clearly exceeds Staal's in my mind. McDonagh is a better comparable--if you want to put him off limits, that's fine, but I really don't think it is reasonable to except to acquire a "franchise" player--e.g., look at the billboards in Colorado, etc.--for something other than a franchise-caliber player (McDonagh).

Old
05-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Basically I was stating that if we are looking at Colorado to upgrade our offence by using one of our top 3 defenceman, I would not want either Duchene or Stastny and I would target Landeskog. Additionally I would look to move Staal to get that done.

Knowing full well that the mention of Landeskog is a non starter just as much as the mention of McDonagh's name is also a non-starter for the Rangers.

The only reason there are concerns with Staal's injury is because he had a concussion. There are no such concerns with Duchene.

I adore Staal but he if he doesnt show any lingering effects then I think he is well worth Duchene but as of now I think Duchene is worth more.

Last edited by Intense Rage: 05-31-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote