HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

HF Team Board Mock Draft - 13th Overall

View Poll Results: Who do you want the Stars to draft 13th overall?
Olli Määttä 14 27.45%
Cody Ceci 8 15.69%
Sebastian Collberg 20 39.22%
Brendan Gaunce 6 11.76%
Derrick Pouliot 3 5.88%
Matt Finn 0 0%
Slater Koekkoek 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-02-2012, 12:08 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Just had a thought here... maybe it's off-base, but...

Is Steve Ott not the quintessential Philadelphia Flyers player? I mean, he fits that organization right down to a T. They got rid of Carcillo and Rinaldo is in the process of washing out/showing he can't play under control. There might be a spot for an agitating faceoff-winning winger.

Ott
13th overall

JVR
20th overall

Philly gets into the range to take one of the well-regarded Dmen (Ceci, Maatta, Pouliot, Trouba) and cuts over a million off their cap (also freeing up long-term flexibility) while gaining a player who will contribute now and won't be asked to do too much with their depth at forward. The Stars take on the riskier, currently overpaid, higher-upside player who possibly needs a change of scenery and then move back into the range of the 2nd tier centers (Hertl/Jankowski).

Does this make sense to anyone else?
Too good to be true?

I agree with you that Ott is a quintessential Flyers type player. I think a swap of those two players only occurs if Philly is done banking on JVR's potential and is ready to insert a piece to their lineup that they know exactly what to expect. They have enough young players that the possibility is definitely there for them to want a little veteran consistency to plug into their top 9.

I could see something like this happening but if it does it will likely have a couple more moving parts like us sending a 4th for their 5th or something along those lines.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Center.

In a recent interview with a local radio station, Tom Gaglardi said he told his team to focus on centers in the draft.

I get the impression most Dallas fans aren't comfortable with Gaunce at 13, but I think Dallas might take him.

However, Gaglardi did mention there were some D that might fall that could be high end so some people think that could be Ceci or Maatta.

I'd be surprised if they drafted Collberg even though he's guy I'd really like at 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
The team needs a C, and this whole thread has been lamenting the other fans taking the Cs that would fall in our pick's range.

The whole regime has been beating the Center drum all offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
just that they want centers

Thanks for the reply's guys...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote