HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Trade Talk - Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I in the Eye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Well I just caught very little of the report in the Toronto media this week that Burke wants Luongo for free. I choose to believe that than any of the package that is being thrown around here.
Through a quick Google search, here are supposedly 6 steps Burke can employ to get what he wants:
  1. Saying "I do what I want" does not necessarily mean you do what you want. You literally have to do what you want (with still being conscious of not being obnoxious to others around you), if you want to not take showers and party every night for a week straight do it and when your friends and family ask what are you doing with your life you simply reply "I do what I want".
  2. Do not say "I do what I want" for the answer of every question someone asks you (although it is hilarious). Because it will loose its potency and you will lose all of your friends and your family will disown you.
  3. Just because you do what you want doesn't mean you have to tell everyone that you do. That can be called bragging and it should be used as an explanation for an event not a way to tell the event.
  4. Be yourself, don't go out of your way to "do what you want" because then technically you aren't doing what you want.
  5. Do not subject others to your "doing what you want". If what you want to do puts others into stress, pain, anger, sadness and/or dismay (not to mention the incredible pong they have to survive) do not do it because chances are there going to "do what they want" by disowning you as a friend/family member.
  6. "I do what I want" can be used as a quick escape from being trapped in a corner in a conversation such as: "Why were you 2 hours late to my house" "I do what I want".

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-What-You-Want

Perhaps if Burke follows these steps, he might be able to get Luongo for what he wants?

Old
06-02-2012, 03:04 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
And then you guys miss the playoffs.

You are right.

It is simple.

Even Burke could figure it out.
Is it possible if Luongo is traded to whoever that the Nucks don't make the playoffs?
Injury to Sneids could all but asure that.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Is it possible if Luongo is traded to whoever that the Nucks don't make the playoffs?
Well anything is possible.

Like having a solar system without Uranus in it.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
AmazingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Link?
If there is proof, I bet the proof is based on leaked discussions between GMs.. even if from Bobmac.. but he, better than anybody, should know that preliminary negotiations are constant back-and-forths of lowballs and high demands. I'm guessing that, as we approach the deadline, one of the 3-6 teams negotiating for Luongo will crack and will offer an acceptable package; or Gillis will crack and accept a lowball offer. Given Gillis' trade history, and the fact that there's more teams bidding for Luongo than goaltenders of Luongo's calibre available, the former is more likely.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:21 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd don't think the back to back President's trophy winners should be to worried about missing the playoffs. You're full of it I still need that link about where Bob McKenzie said Vancouver won't get much for Luongo.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

If Chicago can make the playoffs for two years in a row with bad goaltending, the Canucks can do it too if Schneider gets injured.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
I'd don't think the back to back President's trophy winners should be to worried about missing the playoffs. You're full of it I still need that link about where Bob McKenzie said Vancouver won't get much for Luongo.
I don't search or keep links. And maybe just maybe BobMac made that statement because he actually knows how many teams are interested!

Old
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
I don't search or keep links. And maybe just maybe BobMac made that statement because he actually knows how many teams are interested!
Deep down, you know that Gardiner or the 5th will be traded... You're not fooling anyone here with your Burke talking out of uranus posts...

Old
06-02-2012, 03:28 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quote:
It's not even the offseason yet. Take the number of teams interested right now with a grain of salt.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
How come your the only one who's heard about this "statement" ? Link or it didn't happen. Easy as that.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I's not even the offseason yet. Take the number of teams interested right now with a grain of salt.
It's the off season for all but 2 teams. how much more off season does it get?

Old
06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
When all 30 are done the season. No trade talks are going to be going in-depth right now, it's too early. GM's are probably just taking time off right now for the most part, waiting until closer to the draft where every GM will know by then what they want/need, and what they have to trade/need to trade.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:35 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Well depending which "insider" you chose to get your information, it can vary greatly in regards to number teams interested and the value. Not a month ago Friedman says 5-9 teams potentially interested in Luongo or from what you are implying now a lot fewer than that from Bob Mac.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:36 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Found something, but yet again, take it with a grain of salt. Some GM's may not have shown interest yet, and talks may not have even gone in-depth at all because it's only June 2nd.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/McK...20May%2024.mp3

Quote:
Bob McKenzie Audio: McKenzie doesn’t think there will be much of market for Roberto Luongo as originally thought. The Lightning may be more interested in Jonathan Bernier. The Panthers and Maple Leafs may not be interested in Luongo either. The Leafs may look at Tomas Vokoun as a possible veteran to bring in. Vokoun has an offer from the KHL already.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Name 1 big trade that has ever happened before the SCF was completed. Just 1.

06-02-2012, 03:42 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Found something, but yet again, take it with a grain of salt. Some GM's may not have shown interest yet, and talks may not have even gone in-depth at all because it's only June 2nd.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/McK...20May%2024.mp3
Thanks, like I said, I never keep or search for links. But it is there for anyone who likes searching. I don't make **** up!

Old
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Thanks appreciate it, one of those may be a number 1 goalie. Malcolm Subban maybe..I hear he's pretty good. Then I would have to call up Karl Subban and rib him about his son playing for the Leafs. Him and I go way back.
You'd rather draft Malcolm Subban with the #5 pick, then trade it for Luongo?

Old
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Chairman Maouth

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on.

06-02-2012, 03:51 PM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Thanks, like I said, I never keep or search for links. But it is there for anyone who likes searching. I don't make **** up!
I understand not keeping the links, but being unwilling to look it up makes what you say sound less credible.

As far as I can tell, there are only three good/very good goalies on the market (Luongo, Vokoun, Bernier). There are at least three locations in need of a goalie (TB, TOR, CLB). If Vokoun signs in the KHL or with a team not mentioned, the demand is greatly increased.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:56 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
You'd rather draft Malcolm Subban with the #5 pick, then trade it for Luongo?
For anyone who cares to search links again...Burke has stated that he has been offered 1st round picks for some of his players! I can see Burke taking one of those picks and drafting Subban, potential franchise goalie. Button- Head himself last night at the combine stated that if Subban had played in the world juniors he would be a top 5 pick.

No I don't want subban at 5..rather have a 1 C. but would not trade the 5th ov for luongo!

Old
06-02-2012, 04:07 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
I understand not keeping the links, but being unwilling to look it up makes what you say sound less credible.

As far as I can tell, there are only three good/very good goalies on the market (Luongo, Vokoun, Bernier). There are at least three locations in need of a goalie (TB, TOR, CLB). If Vokoun signs in the KHL or with a team not mentioned, the demand is greatly
increased.
Because I don't care about looking things up(waste of time) I wont make **** up..I have no personal agenda, What is it, don't you guys get reports out west??

Did you not hear this week that Vokoun does not want to go to the KHL and the Leafs are a good fit for him...again....look it up!!!

BTW, reports that TB may be after Bernier!

Last edited by OlderTimer*: 06-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Because I don't care about looking things up(waste of time) I wont make **** up..I have no personal agenda, What is it, don't you guys get reports out west??

Did you not hear this week that Vokoun does not want to go to the KHL and the Leafs are a good fit for him...again....look it up!!!
Because you're not talking about 'reports' of news. Your talking about speculation from an 'insider'.

Bobby Mac is doing exactly what we are doing - speculating. He just has a larger soap box.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Because you're not talking about 'reports' of news. Your talking about speculation from an 'insider'.

Bobby Mac is doing exactly what we are doing - speculating. He just has a larger soap box.
A more accurate and trusting soap box than any one in hockey.

He is by far the most trusting man outside of organization positions that you can get.

He will state generalizations but never ever reveal his sources. even tho he knows more than he lets on!

I have not dissrespected any Nucks fans (love to call you Nucks), Luongo is a great goalie and would love the Leafs to have him. I have not made a low ball offer for LUO, what I said was the deal would be money for money( cap wise Leafs can't take on luongo and maybe sign Shultz at 3.8 mill) If he wants to sign with the Leafs! Burke would have no cap space to buy a cigar!

GM MG should get as much as he could for LUO, But Burke can't afford it cap wise, prospects are too much for the asking price, so it really makes no sense for the Leafs.

No dissrespect to Nucks fans!

Old
06-02-2012, 04:45 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
As far as I can tell, there are only three good/very good goalies on the market (Luongo, Vokoun, Bernier). There are at least three locations in need of a goalie (TB, TOR, CLB). If Vokoun signs in the KHL or with a team not mentioned, the demand is greatly increased.
There are a couple of other candidates like Harding and Lindback. However, Vancouver doesn't need to rush anything. They aren't the ones writing apology letters to their fans for missing the playoffs year after year.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:52 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
There are a couple of other candidates like Harding and Lindback. However, Vancouver doesn't need to rush anything. They aren't the ones writing apology letters to their fans for missing the playoffs year after year.
He went there!

Closed Thread