Old
05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
If there was ever one player in the NHL whom I thought wouldn't do that, it would be Thomas. It would be a huge huge surprise if that were the reason. The guy loves the game, and again, he's worked his ass off just to get in the NHL. With everything he went through just to get here, everything he sacrificed, that his parents did, I can't see it. I'd think he'd look at a trade as a challenge if anything, and just another opportunity to prove the doubters wrong.
Some things are more important than hockey. Even the $ 3 million he'd be giving up

Old
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Dom - OHL

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip690358#clip690358

Old
05-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Some things are more important than hockey. Even the $ 3 million he'd be giving up
Well ****... sounds like one of those situations where being a selfish player would be preferable to hear. As Timmy isn't that...

Old
05-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

So when LeBrun says "he's told it's an option"....is he implying that Thomas told him that? And following that up with the White House fiasco being stressful for him...is he reporting that as fact?

Old
05-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Alan Ryan

Thanks Dom.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Everyone is "guessing" and the articles that came out today (somewhat inaccurate I might add) don't help.

If Tim Thomas wants to take a year off, he'll have my 100% support and won't waiver it for one second.
Really? That's absolute *********. You have a contract to fulfill. You have a team that counts on you.

You also have a cap hit that you're just willing to stick with the team and not play?

**** that ****.

Thomas won't do that, but if he ever did, I wouldn't hesitate to put him up there with some of the biggest D-bags in Boston sports.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
This. Had it confirmed with NHLPA
In this hypothetical scenario where he has to take a year off and he counts against the cap even if suspended, I would imagine that it would then burn the last of his contract?

Old
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Really? That's absolute *********. You have a contract to fulfill. You have a team that counts on you.

You also have a cap hit that you're just willing to stick with the team and not play?

**** that ****.

Thomas won't do that, but if he ever did, I wouldn't hesitate to put him up there with some of the biggest D-bags in Boston sports.
You're entitled to your opinion. But your basing it without fact.

Can you think of a situation in life where you would take 8, 9 months off of work? I can. I took 3 years off.

As I've said before, some things are more important than hockey

Old
05-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Paralyzer008

My interpretation of @Real_ESPNLeBrun's Tim Thomas considering-taking-a-year-off item: TT chilling the trade talk. Believed to be available.

via Bob McKenzie on twitter.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Salem13

Quote:

Can you think of a situation in life where you would take 8, 9 months off of work? I can. I took 3 years off.

Welp... have to assume with that he has family with health issues, I wish them the best.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

I'm sure Haggs will write a story about it tomorrow, tying it back to Thomas' political beliefs...

I would tend to think that if he is considering taking time off, it must be something pretty serious in his life outside of hockey that's influencing his decision. If that's the case, I wish him and his family the best.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

As a parent and a husband, yes. Easily. Family, loved ones, personal health, they all come first. Lots of things are more important then hockey.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:04 PM
EverettMike

Breaking: Tim Thomas considering burger for lunch tomorrow.

Why? **** you.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I have a super dumb/nerdy question that I can't find an answer to...maybe people smarter and more knowledgeable about the sports world than I will have some insight.

Are athletes entitled to things like FMLA benefits the way a regular employee would be at a "normal" job?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
cat400

Quote:

**** that ****.

I concur with OOG's comments and will await clarification on Timmy's reasoning if indeed he were to take a year off.

Many a CEO / politician has departed their companies / constituents to spend the proverbial " more time with the family". In many cases, the reasons were valid. Let's never lose sight that one's family is more important than any career or soon there may be no family.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

**** that ****.

You have absolutely no idea what's going on with Thomas. Why don't you wait until we know what the story is before you stand in judgement?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Lebrun is usually pretty accurate. Whatever Thomas' reasons for this, it is the worst possible thing for his trade value.
I'd think it has to be either a family issue, otherwise he's screwing with PC and throwing a wrench into his trade value on purpose by floating this story out there. Since that doesn't seem like something Thomas would do, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Many people laughed when I said that the media would chase Thomas out of town. If this proves to be true than they have essentially did that.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:08 PM
EverettMike

For the record, if you think the Bruins owe nothing to Tim Thomas, and this is a business first and foremost (completely fine! not judging, I even kind of agree a little), then you can't fault him if he is floating this to hurt his trade value.

Maybe he wants to stay, so he is trying to help himself.

It is a biz-ness for both sides, right?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
I'd love to believe in some dark way the truth is he was sticking it to the team, the city, the children, the cod, and baked ****ing beans.

This guy played out of his mind doing things no Bruins goalie in history ever has done on his way to delivering a Cup in decades. Lifetimes. An entire generation.

****ing back stabbing ungrateful ******** in this town and in the press if you ask me. Ashamed of yourselves you should be.

More likely this is just another ******** story or something is seriously wrong with someone in his life. If the latter is true I wish him all the best.

God. This place sickens me somedays.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
pgm16

Maybe the media should move to Colorado !!!!, If it's a family thing I hope it works out for you Timmy.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Someone else already said it on the Trade rumors board, but considering how early Lidstrom retired, and how this suddently happened, I smell a lockout and maybe a considerable one.
Break out the tinfoil hats.

Geez, Lidstrom only played 20 years... waaay early retirement.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I'd love to believe in some dark way the truth is he was sticking it to the team, the city, the children, the cod, and baked ****ing beans.

This guy played out of his mind doing things no Bruins goalie in history ever has done on his way to delivering a Cup in decades. Lifetimes. An entire generation.

****ing back stabbing ungrateful ******** in this town and in the press if you ask me. Ashamed of yourselves you should be.

More likely this is just another ******** story or something is seriously wrong with someone in his life. If the latter is true I wish him all the best.

God. This place sickens me somedays.
If HFboards had a like button I would be using it right now. Well said.

Closed Thread