Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
That line of reasoning only makes sense if you believe that he can't focus on his role as a father and husband while playing professional hockey.
And who the **** are you? And who the **** are you to judge if a guy can or cannot focus on his role as a father and husband?

Old
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Kevin Paul Dupont‏@GlobeKPD

For now, looks like Rask No. 1, w/Khudobin as No. 2. Both guys well liked in room.
Wow, even in tweeting the news, has to take a dig? What the F did TT do to these guys? Piss in their wheaties or something???

Old
cat400

Quote:

For now, looks like Rask No. 1, w/Khudobin as No. 2. Both guys well liked in room.
Code for: Timmy wasn't?????

Old
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

It sucks that the NHL can't make exceptions and whatnot for this, because it is stupid that real life occurrences that matter far more than a sport will cost the Bruins team $5 mil in cap hit, or else they have to "trade" the guy who won them their first Cup in forever; and likely add to Timmy just to get a team to "take" him.

Old
WBC8

Acc. Chiarelli, Thomas' top reasons for likely sitting out: 1. family; 2. fatigue. Thomas did not request contract ext.

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
That line of reasoning only makes sense if you believe that he can't focus on his role as a father and husband while playing professional hockey.
Which has obviously been problematic. Hence the problems.

So yes. It DOES make complete and total sense.

Old
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
He's leaving three million dollars behind so he can focus on his role as a father and a husband..?! What a selfish *******!!

What about a Salaries Cap??? What about the Bruins??? What about MEEEEE?!
Hypothetical, but what if Thomas was the cause of the problems to begin with? Does he still get nominated for Humanitarian of the Year for leaving the money behind if that's the case?

Also, he said he was "considering" taking the year off, not definitely doing it. If I am the B's, I respectfully ask that he make up his mind as quickly as possible.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
dtimmons

I called it in early February. Timmy's focus just wasn't there. You could see it in his play and his comments about the lights in NY pretty much screamed "My head isn't in it right now". I guess we know why or at least vaguely why.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM
cat400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
That's they joy of 35+ contracts. The Flyers will have Chris Pronger's 5 M caphit for 5 more seasons eventhough his career is over.
You can bet that the next CBA will have the rumoured one-time anmesty clause to help Snyder and others to solve sticky contracts.

Old
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Hypothetical, but what if Thomas was the cause of the problems to begin with? Does he still get nominated for Humanitarian of the Year for leaving the money behind if that's the case?

Also, he said he was "considering" taking the year off, not definitely doing it. If I am the B's, I respectfully ask that he make up his mind as quickly as possible.
Bruins emphatically closed the book on Tim Thomas today...If he doesn't take the year off he will be playing with somebody else.

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You read my mind.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Wow, even in tweeting the news, has to take a dig? What the F did TT do to these guys? Piss in their wheaties or something???
With any luck. . .

Old
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Cue the Thomas is selfish for choosing his family over the Bruins... LOLOLOL
TT chooses his family before his teammates.? The *******.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriSlegr71 View Post
ugh.

thomas wants to control where he goes. how does he do that to the bruins? he threatens to sit thus reducing the number of teams wanting to make a trade for him.this is an unwanted consequence to trying to use any leverage possible to control not getting traded to teams he would not want to be. so on one hand hand he tries to control his fate and on the other he screws himself at the same time.

how does that not make sense?
You have to dig a little deeper.

Fact: Bruins signed Kudobin to a 1 way deal for this year.

Fact: They cant have Rask on the bench forever

Fact: TT is 39 with a big cap #.

This all leads to the conclusion that the BRUINS planned to trade him over a year ago. He knows as of July 1 he has no options if they deal him to a team like Edmonton of Columbus. I am also quite certain that he will want some extension if he is traded.

This message was facilitated by his agent...make no mistake about it. It limits the Bruins trade market, but if you look at it from TT's point of view he knew he was gone regardless....he is just looking out for himself. Cant blame him.

Old
WBC8

Acc. Chiarelli, Thomas will not comment. PC: ''At some point, he may post something.''

LOL Chia dig.....

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

It depends on HOW he was the cause of problems. If he was abusive, no.

But regardless of either, it's STILL respectable that he's making his family his first priority.

Old
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
At the end of the day, I respect Thomas's decision if he takes the year off, family comes before employer.

My friend (A Ranger fan) started emailing me shortly after the White House incident saying stuff was going on with Thomas in his personal life that was affecting his play, and he heard this from someone he knows with Boston connections. I pretty much brushed it off as "what are you talking about, just baseless rumours", looks like he may of been right all along.

From a Bruin fan perspective, it sucks that even if he takes a vacation that the number still counts against the cap. Using Savard's LTIR means nothing as this option was always there regardless of what Thomas does.
Yup. And the more I think about it, the less sense it makes that he's angling to control a trade.

Old
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:

And Thomas friend are piling up:

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74
Gotta feel for Daniel Paille. Totally upstaged by Thomas stuff. Thomas is good at upstaging teammates eh?!

Old
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

http://twitter.com/#!/GlobeKPD
During conference call just completed, Chiarelli makes it sound a fait accompli that Thomas will not play in '12-'13.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
so instead of hoping to make a decent value hockey deal on JUly 1, now the organization is completely stuck, and may have to pay (give up a significant asset) to have some low payroll club take him.

This team simply can't have him on the books fo r5 million next year with no games
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
Boston Bruins‏@NHLBruins

PC said that the B's would "look at" transactions, which could help the team with Thomas' cap hit.^BISH
Was just thinking about this - wondering if the B's can petition the league for cap relief, due to the personal nature of the time off.

Also, if it were truly a year off and TT played in 13-14, how is the final year of his contract handled? How can the league hit the Bruins for his cap hit twice for essentially the same year? How can it be within the CBA to double count the cap hit? I need a capologist here.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
I've always said that Thomas seemed like a father first, hockey player second. If this is for family reasons and he really does take the season off, so be it. The Bruins will be just fine with Rask and the Khu at the helm.

I can't see him playing for Boston when he decides to play again though.

Old
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Bruins emphatically closed the book on Tim Thomas today...If he doesn't take the year off he will be playing with somebody else.
Lou, I agree, but that doesn't mean that he does not figure into trade plans. Pure speculation, but I would not be surprised if Thomas has a list of teams closer to home that would facilitate spending more time with the family and still playing in the NHL.

Old
Spooner st

Quote:

Are they gone just give Rask the #1 spot or Khudobin can also fight for it?

Old
06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Maybe the B's will get lucky and ship TT and a 3rd to a team for a 5th that needs to reach the cap floor so they can suspend him and take the cap hit.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Colorado just traded 1st rounders for Varlamov, why the heck would they want Thomas?
Probably because, regardless of the price they paid to get him, he's still Varlamov...

Closed Thread