Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Why is everyone ignoring your posts ? It's right there for everyone to see.
They make too much sense Lou.

I am Boston Strong

Old
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Broduer cheated on his wife and banged HER sister. Not his sister....tiny bit different...but image the heckling if he did bang his own sister.
Did he win the Conn Smythe right after that?

Old
Oates2Neely

So its safe to assume I can officially get my Khudobin jersey now?

Old
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
EverettMike

Wow.

Stunning. Pierre LeBrun is no joke.

James Murphy is. Agenda driven, look-at-me, *******.

Can't wait for the story to come out, but I know one of his parents was sick and one of his wife's parents were sick. Who knows if something else happened and it just became too much.

Timmy just spent his whole life fighting to be an NHL goalie, I don't think "****ing over the bruins" would be his reason for doing something like this.

Okay Tuukka, let's do this!

Old
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

edit

Last edited by Lost Horizons: 06-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
[/B]

Really, well lets look at that. At the most they play 8 1/2 months if they make it all the way to the cup final, half of those games are at home, given the benefit of the doubt, 5 months on the road broken up over 8 1/2 months, ya real tough. When they are home they practice at 10:00 am, home by 1:00 pm, long day I guess. Not even going to mention how the money helps ease the pain. Now for example let take a person in the military, goes on tour overseas, six months to a year, comes home maybe once for a visit, goes on manuevors throughout his/her career, gone 4-7months of the year, see how that works. Athletes use that "away from home so much" crap it makes me sick to listen to them.

In 1981 I married my wife, two months later I was in Germany, she was still in Canada. A month after I arrived there she came over, I picked her up at the air strip on the base, took her to our new home, kissed her goodbye and told her I was leaving that day on a training exercise for a few weeks. She knew no one, no phone no TV in the house, but she was close to the PK. This didn't happen on every transfer we had but it did on most. 31 years later, new job and we havn't moved since 1996, we raised two children who are both solid citizens. I am not bragging or asking for anything special, but I had a job to do and it got done. This crap of athletes having it difficult is really a reach, it is only difficult if you do not have the strength to move forward and work through issues that other people face in their everyday lives, suck it up or quit and get a real job.
I spent nine years in the military myself, so you don't need to lecture me about how hard it is. I had to leave on deployment nine days after the birth of my second son, and was with my third for all of 5 days of the first six weeks he was with us. You of all people should understand how hard it is when one member of the family is constantly in and out of the picture. Just because they paid vastly more than almost everyone else doesn't make the separations and stresses that go with them any less difficult. You're acting like just because they are athletes, they aren't allowed to be human.

And just so you know, the stresses of being apart from my family were ultimately the deciding factor in my decision to not continue any further. So it's not just athletes who decide to put family before their job. I moved to another job (at a lower salary even), which kept me from traveling, and which I actually mostly liked, except for the fact that the hours kept me from seeing my kids except at bedtime. Guess what. I quit and found something that was better for my family. So don't act like Thomas deciding to put his family first is some sign of weakness. That's utter crap.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Except if my theory is correct(he cheated) he didn't put his family first when he cheated. Where was his family first mentality then? What if he's just hiding behind "family issues" as an excuse? Plenty of athletes have done that before.
This is acceptable on this board?

To start ****ing guessing that he cheated on his wife?

Are you for ****ing real?

Old
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
BoyntBergie

This didn't really clarify anything, but no matter how you cut it he left the B's between a rock and a hard place.

Also, wouldn't this be considered breach of contract?

First and foremost I hope his family is ok and it isn't anything related to their health or well being.

If it isn't related to those, I can't say I'll be as forgiving as most of you appear to be. I'd agree with whoever said "Great book for the most part, ****** last chapter" (paraphrasing).

Old
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
So its safe to assume I can officially get my Khudobin jersey now?
I would. With Tuukka's history he should be the starting goalie by December 15th...

Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Wow.

Can't wait for the story to come out, but I know one of his parents was sick and one of his wife's parents were sick. Who knows if something else happened and it just became too much.

Timmy just spent his whole life fighting to be an NHL goalie, I don't think "****ing over the bruins" would be his reason for doing something like this.

This is what I choose to focus on! It's the Tuukka show now

Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

edit

Last edited by Lost Horizons: 06-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
This didn't really clarify anything, but no matter how you cut it he left the B's between a rock and a hard place.

Also, wouldn't this be considered breach of contract?

First and foremost I hope his family is ok and it isn't anything related to their health or well being.

If it isn't related to those, I can't say I'll be as forgiving as most of you appear to be. I'd agree with whoever said "Great book for the most part, ****** last chapter" (paraphrasing).
The NHL's cap rules are really no concern of Tim's nor should they be. It's not like he's getting paid.

Old
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Wow.

Right on with everything you said.

I do kind of hope he comes out and thanks the fans and the Bruins. He doesn't *have* to but I think that will go a long way in finally closing this chapter of his life with the Bruins.

Right now it just seems sour because it's like... "wait... is he done? Is he not done?" To me it seems like a way to retire without actually calling attention to himself. Leaving the door open but probably never walking back through it again and slowly disappearing into normal life. Seems like his style.

But again, he deserves all the thanks and accolades in the world. Without his heroics and history making playoffs, we don't have a Cup. Hopefully people don't forget that.

But yes, it truly is Tuukka time now

Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
I would. With Tuukka's history he should be the starting goalie by December 15th...
Zinger....but true

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Except if my theory is correct(he cheated) he didn't put his family first when he cheated. Where was his family first mentality then?
You're absolutely right... If one makes a mistake, they shouldn't take responsibility for it. In fact, they should probably continue to make that same mistake over and over again. And many more different mistakes! Until you're just a complete piece of ****.

Good call, dude! Trying to fix one's mistakes is totally bogus!

Old
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not nice.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Glad he got to win a cup, and with the team that believed in him. All the best

Old
06-01-2012, 03:36 PM
northeastern

the more I read about this the more torn I feel... I for one want a reason to come out... maybe that sounds selfish for me to say because I'm prying into someones personal life but the reason holds the key for how I will feel about all of this.

Scenario A - timmy takes the year off because hes mad at the team/media/fans about trade rumors ect. It will 100% change how I remember him. it would be a selfish act all the way around no excuse I don't care.

Scenario B - Family/health/other reasons are looming in the background forcing him to take the time. I will then understand.

either way not a fun situation and from a business/team perspective he's leaving the team in a bad bad spot with 5 mil down the drain.

this just isn't a good scenario regardless/

Old
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Right on with everything you said.

I do kind of hope he comes out and thanks the fans and the Bruins. He doesn't *have* to but I think that will go a long way in finally closing this chapter of his life with the Bruins.

Right now it just seems sour because it's like... "wait... is he done? Is he not done?" To me it seems like a way to retire without actually calling attention to himself. Leaving the door open but probably never walking back through it again and slowly disappearing into normal life. Seems like his style.

But again, he deserves all the thanks and accolades in the world. Without his heroics and history making playoffs, we don't have a Cup. Hopefully people don't forget that.

But yes, it truly is Tuukka time now
I can get on board with all of this. Well put my friend

Old
Oates2Neely

So does this mean Nash isn't coming to Boston?

It's going to be a loooong offseason.

Chia should just trade Max Sauve for Max Lapierre so the Thomas bashing can be put to rest temporarily.

Old
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Lets just face facts Timmys worn out his welcome with a lot of the fans, teammates and front office with some of his anctics. I hope the team moves on and Tuuka steps up. I appreciate everything Timmy did but it does feel like time the Bruins and Timmy take different paths. It happens.
To borrow a line from Mike Felger...

Opinion, not fact.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:37 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Your speculating it's a health issue I have a hard time believing he would move away from the best hospitals in the world to go to CO. What else could there be that would be family related then? That he misses his kids? Well then why did he move them in the middle of the season half way across the country? His parents by all accounts still live here not in CO. The cheated theory is my theory and it's not the first time a pro athlete would have done it. Tome it makes the most snse of why he got his family out of the city and wants to spend more time with them to atone for things.
I am not speculating about the parents' health issues. I have been saying that for a couple years (and have never once had it refuted, and could very easily tell a mod my source).

You're "speculation" or "theory" is absurd scummy.

You have no idea what is going on in his life or with his family.

Old
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
And if Tim did "get caught with his pants down" he is doing the right thing by trying to make it right...**** hockey....
I think we have a winner

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Your speculating it's a health issue I have a hard time believe he would move away from the best hospitals in the world to go to CO. What else could there be that would be family related then? That he misses his kids? well then why did he move them in the middle of the season half way across the country? The cheated theory is my theory and it's not the first time a pro athlete would have done it.
HE moved them? Did he pick them up and carry them over? Cram them into boxes and ship them UPS? Maybe he pulled the Earth over, pushed his family on to the West part, and then shifted the whole thing back.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Shaun
beauty

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Bruins will likely suspend Thomas if he doesn't report to camp, but receive no cap relief. Could toll year, but more likely let deal expire.

Closed Thread