Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Moving to Winnipeg

Old
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM
veeps

vCash: 500
Hey thank you both. The portage and main gym was specifically where I was looking as it's extremely convenient given that I work right nearby. How busy do you find it getting during peak times (i.e. 4pm - 8pm)?

veeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Just curious to see how your move went. I noticed that you had just moved to Edmonton early last year, and now have/are moving to Winnipeg. Does your job require you to move around quit a bit?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:09 AM
veeps

The move to Winnipeg had been good but definitely a big transition. I'm slow getting accustomed to the city though. I've been here just over a month now

As to your other question, I was set to move to Edmonton but ended up staying in Saskatoon as the job I was ready to move for became available there as well. This is really the first time I've lived anywhere else so it has been a pretty big switch. I do work for one of the bigger companies in the country so I have the option to move a lot if I choose to.

veeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Well, welcome to the city. I hope you enjoy your stay

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
ducky

This thread brought back some good memories. I grew up in River Heights. My first job was at Dutch Maid Ice Cream Parlour in Osborne Village. Then for several years I worked at Pasquale's Italian Restaurant.

Whatever happened to thos two place? They dont appear to still be in the village?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
This thread brought back some good memories. I grew up in River Heights. My first job was at Dutch Maid Ice Cream Parlour in Osborne Village. Then for several years I worked at Pasquale's Italian Restaurant.

Whatever happened to thos two place? They dont appear to still be in the village?
The dithcmade miral is still on the sode of the building it was in. Cant recall what it is now thoufh, it mighy be an antique shop. Just cant picture which building that is.

Don't know about pasqualies, must have changed names before i ever frequented the village.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 152
Quote:

Pasquales has been in Norwood on Marion St for quite some time now, right across from the Norwood Hotel.

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
The dithcmade miral is still on the sode of the building it was in. Cant recall what it is now thoufh, it mighy be an antique shop. Just cant picture which building that is.

Don't know about pasqualies, must have changed names before i ever frequented the village.
Haha oh, Grind.

08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
Pasquales has been in Norwood on Marion St for quite some time now, right across from the Norwood Hotel.
They have great pizza.....when I feel like making the drive to pick it up it's well worth it.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
They have great pizza.....when I feel like making the drive to pick it up it's well worth it.
With Pasquales, Santa Lucia, Ms Mikes, and Infernos all within walking distance I feel quite spoiled in terms of great food where I live.

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

Quote:

Typing on the smartphone in church again?

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Mmmm love Pasqualies!

Smelling Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Fidel Astro

Quote:

The Dutch Maid building is now a massive antiques mall. You can still see the faded logo painted on the outside wall on one side of the building (the side facing Confusion Corner).

Fidel Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:12 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

Holly crap buddy! what the heck is that suppose to mean?

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Holly crap buddy! what the heck is that suppose to mean?
"The dithcmade miral is still on the sode of the building it was in. Cant recall what it is now thoufh, it mighy be an antique shop. Just cant picture which building that is.

Don't know about pasqualies, must have changed names before i ever frequented the villa"

The DutchMade mural is still on the side of the building it was in. Can't recall what it is now though, it might be an antique shop. I just can't picture which building that is.

Don't know about Pasqualies, must have changed names before I ever frequented the village.

- And i double checked, the DutchMade IS now the antique shop.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
"The dithcmade miral is still on the sode of the building it was in. Cant recall what it is now thoufh, it mighy be an antique shop. Just cant picture which building that is.

Don't know about pasqualies, must have changed names before i ever frequented the villa"

The DutchMade mural is still on the side of the building it was in. Can't recall what it is now though, it might be an antique shop. I just can't picture which building that is.

Don't know about Pasqualies, must have changed names before I ever frequented the village.

- And i double checked, the DutchMade IS now the antique shop.
Gotchya

I left the Peg at 12 so my memories are from when I was young... but you know what I miss... Red Lobster

Old
08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Gotchya

I left the Peg at 12 so my memories are from when I was young... but you know what I miss... Red Lobster
You miss a chain restaurant? No Redlobsters in western Canada or what? Only one here now...

Old
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
You miss a chain restaurant? No Redlobsters in western Canada or what? Only one here now...
Haha that and cinimon buns/donuts from the forks
Hey I was under 12!! Didn't have true appreciation for food. I think it was just the chance to choose your own lobster.
None in Vic/Van... 10$ says when I go to the Peg next summer I won't like Red Lobster haha

Old
08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
s1g

Quote:
Gotchya

Haha! My ex's aunt is from Abbottsford, and whenever she came to visit, she would always request that we take her to Red Lobster. It must be the biscuits.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:30 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Haha! My ex's aunt is from Abbottsford, and whenever she came to visit, she would always request that we take her to Red Lobster. It must be the biscuits.
The free biscuits.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

It really is the quality establishment Red Lobster is...

Though when I was little, seeing the Lobsters that were about to be killed deeply upset me, I was not cut out for farm life I suppose.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
The free biscuits.
Sweet lord being gluten intolerant (I think) sucks,

Speaking of paquallies, I think it does gluten free stuff so I really appreciate it

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

I keep seeing myself moving back to Winnipeg. Left just before I turned 12, never thought I'd want to go back after moving to the Twin Cities, and now more and more I'm finding myself wanting to come back. I'll be up this weekend and I can't wait to get me a Superboy deluxe (DROOOOOOLLLLLL...).

lostpuppysyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
I keep seeing myself moving back to Winnipeg. Left just before I turned 12, never thought I'd want to go back after moving to the Twin Cities, and now more and more I'm finding myself wanting to come back. I'll be up this weekend and I can't wait to get me a Superboy deluxe (DROOOOOOLLLLLL...).
ah yes, the burger that feeds a family. You from the north end?

Old
08-14-2012, 12:58 PM
hurricanedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
Just had one yesterday, I don't think they've changed since I was 12. Enjoy!

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote