HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Hockey's Future Spring Organizational Rankings 1-10

Old
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Florida rocks!

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:02 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
I thought with the Isles depth they would be higher...well top 10 is top 10....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
This can't be reiterated enough to people who say they are too high. Plus, since we're almost guaranteed to take a D this year, its more than deserving. And once RNH graduates the Wild are a bonified number 1 prospect pool
Also, most of these guys are gonna have to pay their dues in the AHL or college for a while. If Flahr and Co. keep drafting the way they have the last 2 years, the Wild will be able to maintain a deep pool of quality prospects, especially if the Tenderness is re-signed along with another quality UFA or two.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:56 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Wild are a little high, I like their prospects, but their only bluechipers are Granlund and Brodin, and other team are all around deeper, however the are top 10.

All in all I'd have a different rank for the teams.
Strongly disagree, Coyle and Hackett are both terrific prospects, and they have good depth too (Larsson, Philips, Zucker, etc.). They definitely have one of the best prospect pools in the league, and should be able to add another nice piece at the draft with the 7th overall pick.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I think the Hawks spot is fair

Only have one blue chip prospect (Saad) but alot of solid prospects (McNeill , Danault , Hayes bros , etc)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
oilWILDcountry

Very glad to see the Wild moving up quickly. A couple years ago, we were not making the playoffs AND our prospect pool was garbage. At least we're on the right track now!

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Hats off to Dale Tallon for really reshaping the Panthers organization and for changing the culture in the short time he's been there. Love the job he's done. One of the more underrated GMs in the game. He changed the culture in Chicago and he's doing the same in Florida. He's going to make Miami a very attractive location for free agents. Great depth in the pipeline, great coaching staff in place, great development plan in place. That's how you build an organization.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

I love the Wild's prospect pool as a Wild fan

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
HF had it
1.RNH
2.Klefbom
3.Marincin
4.Lander
5. Hartikainen

So we were #4

Look at the defensemen on this list. Reports coming out of the SEL this season was that Klefbom made major improvements this season, and was possibly Farjestads best defenseman after he got back from the WJC. Not bad for an 18 year old
Yeah and? Rememebr how David Rundblad was the next coming of Brian Leetch? as I said alot of teams have defensemen similar to Klefbom

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Pucklington

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Yeah and? Rememebr how David Rundblad was the next coming of Brian Leetch? as I said alot of teams have defensemen similar to Klefbom
Does arguing purely with your opinion, and basing nothing on fact usually go far for you?

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:52 PM
oilers92

Quote:
bunz was the whl goalie of the yr, reider scored 42 goals this yr, klefbom was ranked the 5th best d-men prospect by hf, gernet isn`t even on this list and had a good season the list goes on they have some guys who were later picks who played well they are deep maybe not all star deep but good depth

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Faulty logic is faulty.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

It's a shame Schultz won't be sticking around. That prospect pool plus the #6 pick would give the Ducks a stacked group.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Bunz, Lander, Hartikainen, Pitlick, Reider, Hamilton. Even if RNH had graduated, the Oilers would still be around 10ish.
Lol thats nowhere near top 10

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Al Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
So, who is better?

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:28 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
It's a shame Schultz won't be sticking around. That prospect pool plus the #6 pick would give the Ducks a stacked group.
True

When you think about it... The Ducks already have a fairly good team (Horrible underachievement in the first months of last season). If they can resign Getzlaf and Perry, sign a decent 2C and develop their prospect pool well, they can ice a strong team for quite some time.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:40 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Nobody's posted it yet so I figured I would. Here's the top 10:

7. New York (Islanders)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ing-2012-1-10/

Weaknesses: The Isles have had difficulty convincing many of their young prospects such as Anton Klementyev, Kirill Petrov, and Mikko Koskinen to play North American minor-league hockey. Others, such as Ty Wishart, Nino Niederreiter, or Jason Clark have hit snags in their development. The organization has had difficulty in the past signing some of their NCAA prospects as well.
Isles have slid down the rankings a few slots, on weak reasoning.

Koskinin is their 3rd best goalie prospect,went to Europe because of a crowded AHL net.Nilsson/Poulin are both in Bridgeport.
Anton Klementyev was a 5th rounder,never considered a a top prospect.
Clark? Even on draft day,I don't recall anyone considering him more then a B level prospect?

The Isles got NCAA prospects Okposo, Nelson, Donovan and Ness signed.Next season all four will either be in the NHL or the AHL.They lost out on Gregoire and Kessel ,two solid NCAA prospects.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Novacain

Blues graduate nobody, Tarasenko keeps rising, Rattie explodes into a top 50 prospect, Hakanpaa and Fairchild take big steps into being really good young D-Men, and... The Blues fall in the rankings.

*shrug* whatever.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Ottawa and Edmonton are both a bit overrated. After RNH the Oilers group isn't all that impressive
Coming from a guy that probably couldn't tell me much about the players in Ottawa's system....or Edmonton's for that matter.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
The level headed posters kept their heads in check over David Rundblad. You do have to realize that the majority of people here get carried away over their own players.

Remember when Toronto fans told me that they had a Mark Stone in their system? Josh Nichols. Or that Joe Colborne = Silfverberg.

Just because you say a lot of teams have a Klefbom doesn't make it true. And just because HF makes a list doesn't mean you have to act like it means anything.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Why do you always feel a need to troll anything Oilers related? That group would be 15th at worst.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hats off to Dale Tallon for really reshaping the Panthers organization and for changing the culture in the short time he's been there. Love the job he's done. One of the more underrated GMs in the game. He changed the culture in Chicago and he's doing the same in Florida. He's going to make Miami a very attractive location for free agents. Great depth in the pipeline, great coaching staff in place, great development plan in place. That's how you build an organization.
I don't neccessarily like his player preferences, but I agree, he isclearly changing florida for the better and deserves a lot of respect.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles have slid down the rankings a few slots, on weak reasoning.

Koskinin is their 3rd best goalie prospect,went to Europe because of a crowded AHL net.Nilsson/Poulin are both in Bridgeport.
Anton Klementyev was a 5th rounder,never considered a a top prospect.
Clark? Even on draft day,I don't recall anyone considering him more then a B level prospect?

The Isles got NCAA prospects Okposo, Nelson, Donovan and Ness signed.Next season all four will either be in the NHL or the AHL.They lost out on Gregoire and Kessel ,two solid NCAA prospects.
Not to forget that it's not as if persuading their european prospects to come play in the ahl is some sort of precondition for success. On the contrary, it's usually asurefire route to oblivion. Far better to let them develop in Europe.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The Panthers don't play in Miami anymore, they play in the Bank Atlantic Center, the city of Sunrise, 27 miles from the old Miami Arena in downtown Miami where they first started out.

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
Does arguing purely with your opinion, and basing nothing on fact usually go far for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
bunz was the whl goalie of the yr, reider scored 42 goals this yr, klefbom was ranked the 5th best d-men prospect by hf, gernet isn`t even on this list and had a good season the list goes on they have some guys who were later picks who played well they are deep maybe not all star deep but good depth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Faulty logic is faulty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Coming from a guy that probably couldn't tell me much about the players in Ottawa's system....or Edmonton's for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The level headed posters kept their heads in check over David Rundblad. You do have to realize that the majority of people here get carried away over their own players.

Remember when Toronto fans told me that they had a Mark Stone in their system? Josh Nichols. Or that Joe Colborne = Silfverberg.

Just because you say a lot of teams have a Klefbom doesn't make it true. And just because HF makes a list doesn't mean you have to act like it means anything.
With all due respect, alot of people around here think their prospects are great and underrated, fact is most prospects don't pan out, Edmonton is living off of their system from 2 years ago. All I see excluding RNH is maybe 1 bluechip prospects in Klefbom(WHICH ALOT OF TEAMS HAVE AS I SAID) and alot of B and C level players.

Same for Ottawa they got Zibinajad and Silvferberg and alot of B and C level players

Alot of guys do well against jr's and players in their age group, that's why when you guys name all these random "great" players in your system I roll my eyes. I've seen Sens fans talk up so many prospects and players on their team since I've been here I question their objectivity, same with Oilers fans they think because they have 3 good players they're on track to being a top team and that their system is loaded, when in fact, Hall and Eberle are already pro's, Pajaarvi looks like the classic guy who has lots of speed but lacks offensive IQ and hands and alot of their so-called top D prospects were mid round picks for a reason, and still have alot to prove

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote