HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Columbus

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
They both have potential to be starters one day, just because they aren't a starter yet or a regular yet, does not mean they won't be 1 day.

Say you put Reimer up against Bernier in LA to see who wins, Reimer loses the battle, so what you are saying is because he has loss the battle he is now almost worthless? Nope, I still think either player holds value.

I still think whoever loses the battle between the 2 has value still and can fetch something in return. I mean we could always keep all 3 goalies but 1 is never going to get playing time and a chance to develop so we might as well trade him and get something in return. I don't know what that something would be? I have not give it much thought...

The way I see it is you are saying it doesn't make sense for a team to trade for a 3rd string goalie but the way I see it is the young goalie who loses is still young and has as I said the potential to be a starter on paper, so the team that acquires him is getting a young goalie with good upside.

I think it is worth the gamble of giving up Armstrong and 1 of the 2 prospects I mentioned.

Any team rebuilding would probably give up something still for Reimer or Mason to get a young goalie as their backup or starter and play him a bunch to give him more experience and to help him grow into their starter for years.
This theory of the gamble being worth it for Toronto, questionable as it is on the face of it, still does not take into account the fact that there is still no motivation whatsoever for Columbus to do this.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Tyler Biggs*
Go Leafs Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This theory of the gamble being worth it for Toronto, questionable as it is on the face of it, still does not take into account the fact that there is still no motivation whatsoever for Columbus to do this.
That post was mostly to the Leafs fans who did not want to do this deal...

Closed Thread