HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

ISS Final Rankings for 2012

Old
06-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
ISS Final Rankings for 2012

International Scouting Services has released their final 2012 draft ranking. You can get a look at the top 30 skaters and top 5 goalies >>>>HERE<<<<.

UPDATE: Due to a brain cramp, I posted the mid-May ranking. Not a lot is different but some slight movement in the top 10 and one player jumped up into the late 20's. I apologize for the error. The link is now to the correct final rankings.

Those who are regular listeners to the show will know this already but for the benefit of those who are new to the program or have never heard it before: We have our annual draft special slated for June 19th.

The head scout from ISS, Ross MacLean, has been joining us for a segment every second Saturday all season long. on June 19th he'll be in studio with us for the entire 2-hour show. We'll be taking your questions via email (pipeup@theteam1260.com), text (101260) and Twitter (@thepipelineshow) so you might want to start planning ahead.

Cheers!

- Guy

Last edited by Guy Flaming: 06-01-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: updated information
Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Thanks Guy!

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:47 AM
CodeBlue*

Galchenyuk at 14? Forsberg at 2?

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:36 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
Forsberg at 2?
What's controversial about Forsberg at 2?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Look's right, though on draft day i can see Hampus Lindholm going around 15th pick instead. Galchenyuk is abit of a mystery though, can see him going anywhere from 5+, if leafs dont pick him then i can see him falling abit though.

Swedishhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishhockeyfan View Post
Look's right, though on draft day i can see Hampus Lindholm going around 15th pick instead. Galchenyuk is abit of a mystery though, can see him going anywhere from 5+, if leafs dont pick him then i can see him falling abit though.
Did they just start separating goalies and players?

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Did they just start separating goalies and players?
No. They have always had a separate skater and goalie ranking.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Galchenyuk at 14? Forsberg at 2?
Forsberg at 2 ain't an anomaly, it might very well be possible. Galchenyuk at 14 though, is a bit strange... also, Trouba at 5 seems like a reach, but not too big if someone really likes him, and Kerdiles at 15, ain't he a bit too high ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:27 AM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What's controversial about Forsberg at 2?
Considering the order of the teams drafting, I don't see Forsberg going at #2. After all ISS did put Gally at #14, so it's best not to look too much into their rankings.

Last edited by CodeBlue*: 06-01-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old
06-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Quote:
Because until recently Forsberg was projected to go in the top 5, not top 3. Then again, ISS have Gally at 14. It's best not to look too much into their rankings.
This is not a mock draft this is a player ranking. I dont believe Forsberg will go second either but he's in my mind the second best player in this draft.

Last edited by Swedishhockeyfan: 06-01-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old
06-01-2012, 06:37 AM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
This is not a mock draft this is a player ranking. I dont believe Forsberg will go second either but right now he's clearly the second best player in this years draft.
I edited my post. And I know it's not a mock draft.

But how is Forsberg clearly the 2nd best player in this year's draft? Just because ISS said so? They put Gally at 14, that says it all. It makes more sense to put Grigs and Murray ahead of Forsberg.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
No. They have always had a separate skater and goalie ranking.
Huh...always remembered them to be consolidated...thats unfortunate...

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Who is the second best player then in your mind? I see you keep questioning the ranking of Galchenyuk but what has he shown this year that has made his stock rise from 5th in the start of the season to 2nd now?

The players that can honestly inquire about a number 2 ranking in this draft is in my mind Murray, Grigorenko and Forsberg and i rank Forsberg highest among those 3.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:11 AM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
Who is the second best player then in your mind?
I believe I already said Murray or Grigs.

Quote:
I see you keep questioning the ranking of Galchenyuk but what has he shown this year that has made his stock rise from 5th in the start of the season to 2nd now?
Where did I say Gally's stock should have risen from 5th to 2nd? He missed the regular season due to injury, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to rank him at 14th.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 AM
buyinnow

Quote:
Considering the order of the teams drafting, I don't see Forsberg going at #2. After all ISS did put Gally at #14, so it's best not to look too much into their rankings.
It's there rankings not a mock draft.

buyinnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Sundinisagod
BPA

Quote:

Forsberg would be a perfect fit for Columbus imho, I think he goes #2.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
I do wonder about the Galchenyuk rankings, but suppose in the end they are bound to let him slide because of the injury. Not that most teams in the top 5 probably would like to take him, but in the end isn't a mock. Though do think with his talent he should be in the top 5 still.

Think the normal 4 after Yakupov (Murray, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Galchenyuk) has been so fluid that it doesn't surprise me to see Forsberg there. Certainly could go second and really some teams might see him as the second best guy.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Kitsy

Forsberg and Murray are imo the only two options CBJ is considering at that spot. They won't pick Grigs or Galy. I think it will be Forsberg.

Kitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
hawksfan50

Disagree with their goalie rankings....I would instead order thhem this way in the top goalie rankings--1.Subban 2.Vasilevski, 3.Dansk...

Disagree that TOMAS HERTL is only #30 ...He should be at least right up there in the range of Faksa and Wilson (all should be in the 15-18 range) -i said at least because right now I would take him ahead of those two and I do not see any reason why his "gap" from Forsberg is not really one to two spots at best ....playing on a stacked World Jr. u-20 team ,Forsberg was outshone by Collberg who ISS puts 13th and Hertl playing on a much less deep CZECH team almost equalled Collberg in points and was far better on faceoffs (52.86% to 40% for Collberg--Forsber did not take faceoffs )....Recall that the stats line was COLLBERG 4g 3a 7pts +2 in 6GP; FORSBERG 0g 1a 1pt -1 in 6GP ; HERTL 3g 2a 5pts +2 in 6GP and FAKSA 2g 0a 2pts and -3 in 6GP ...Now I won't base my judgement only on the facts of these stats annd performance but on what I saw ---I saw no "difference-maker" ability from Forsberg;I like Collberg's shot and release which could make him a "difference-maker" --I liked HERTL's 2-way efforts,shot ,hockey sense,size ,boardwork ,and positive face-off work-the impression: looks like good all-round pro potential...rankinmg him 30th is an INSULT to anything rational about scouting...

Most other rankings have him at least 20-26 but again while you might rank the potential upside of the others (Forsberg,Collberg,Faksa) as higher than Hertl --right now he just looks more advanced in an all-round way with less glaring deficiencies than the others..yes they MIGHT "improve" and MAYBE he won't improve (but maybe he will) --the issue is the way too wide "gap" (aside from an rank order) that ISS has consigned to HERTL from the others....ADD too that none of the others has
shone as brightly against MEN --not just Jr. pros --as HERTL did for his club team in the CZECH Extraliga with 12g and 13a for 25pts in 38GP ...a mighty impressive performanceagainst both men pros and his peers at the World U-20 on a less deep teamthan Sweden had to fortify Forsberg and Collberg ...HERTL has the size.skill,2-way game and hockey sense PLUS he plays centre and is good on face-offs (maybe he could improvethat aspect to turn good into great?) -I wonder if he were playing with a deeper talent pool like Forsberg and Collberg played with how much MORE he would have produced at the u-20's...Or if he played in the CHL like Faksa for Kitchener (OHL) then how much would he have torn up his Jr. League...

My point is I just do not understand how the ISS could rank him so low...Whoeever drafts him is going to get a steal..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
I think I say this in every ISS ranking thread when their rankings come out.

Their head scout said this on Ottawa radio: he's the one who isn't sold on Galchenyuk, which is why he is constantly ranked in this range. Apparently this has been a source of significant debate during ISS meetings.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do wonder about the Galchenyuk rankings, but suppose in the end they are bound to let him slide because of the injury. Not that most teams in the top 5 probably would like to take him, but in the end isn't a mock. Though do think with his talent he should be in the top 5 still.

Think the normal 4 after Yakupov (Murray, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Galchenyuk) has been so fluid that it doesn't surprise me to see Forsberg there. Certainly could go second and really some teams might see him as the second best guy.
Why is Reilly ranked 7th then?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

It makes me so sad that the wings traded their pick, I'd Loooooooooove to be able to add Hertl to the wings he looks like a star in the making. The fact that most Mocks/Rankings have him in 20-30 range really add salts to the wound.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Ruki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
International Scouting Services has released their final 2012 draft ranking. You can get a look at the top 30 skaters and top 5 goalies >>>>HERE<<<<.

Those who are regular listeners to the show will know this already but for the benefit of those who are new to the program or have never heard it before: We have our annual draft special slated for June 19th.

The head scout from ISS, Ross MacLean, has been joining us for a segment every second Saturday all season long. on June 19th he'll be in studio with us for the entire 2-hour show. We'll be taking your questions via email (pipeup@theteam1260.com), text (101260) and Twitter (@thepipelineshow) so you might want to start planning ahead.

Cheers!

- Guy
Holy crap, it's Guy! I didn't know you posted on here...I used to board op your show a few times in 2007/2008. Can't say I was very good at it, mind you.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Valarukar

Am I crazy or are these rankings exactly the same as the last rankings they released?

Valarukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Their head scout said this on Ottawa radio: he's the one who isn't sold on Galchenyuk, which is why he is constantly ranked in this range. Apparently this has been a source of significant debate during ISS meetings.
So most of the others for the organization disagree with him, but since he's the "Head", his rankings are all that matter? Eeeeeeeeeeek. I like to see other organization's rankings compared to mine, but...if ISS is essentially one person's opinion overruling his entire "team"...then I don't think I'll bother giving them a glance from here on out.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote