HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video: Spooky Angle of Kopitar's Goal

Old
05-31-2012, 01:47 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Video: Spooky Angle of Kopitar's Goal

Get a load of the video attached to this story...with Brodeur's reaction, Kopitar's approach, the fans' "oh no" reaction in the background...gave me chills.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633336

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:02 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Interesting... the rapid snaps you're hearing in the background are from the camera snapping pictures as fast as possible. It's all coming from the small black box at the bottom of the net - this isn't the circular orb "net cam" the TV folks use - this is a separate camera box mounted below it at the level of the ice. Surprised they put a video camera (and mic) in there as well.

Great catch.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:02 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Get a load of the video attached to this story...with Brodeur's reaction, Kopitar's approach, the fans' "oh no" reaction in the background...gave me chills.

GoPro cam! So siiiiiick!

You can even hear the camera shutters from the photog using his remote to snap the frames.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Wooty

The quality of that video was better then Channel 4's post game show. The clicking was actually better then Fred Roggan trying to talk.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
The quality of that video was better then Channel 4's post game show. The clicking was actually better then Fred Roggan trying to talk.
Your avatar reminds me of Jack Nicholson in "The Shining."

Heeerrreeee's Johnnny!!

I caught a little bit of Roggin's act as I taped the NBC feed and gave it extra time...it was brutal. I couldn't watch or listen to more than 3 or 4 minutes of it.

It wasn't just that he doesn't know ice hockey. It's as though he was thrust into doing the show and was not prepared, almost as though he had been drinking (or worse...won't say anything about his history, but he has one).

Old
05-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Lol at scuderi's quote

Quote:
I probably would have shot it from the blue line just to make sure I got it on net,

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:04 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
I like after the goal is scored, watching all the Devils skate away on one side of Brodeur, and the Kings all jumping on the ice on the other side

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Nex06

Quote:

That looks so much faster than other angles. And more realistic, of course, as everyone who has been watching hockey games live, knows. Players need to make right decisions in a blink of an eye.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Yes, very true.

I have season seats in the bleeders. Being so far away, and having the entire ice to view, I realized early on in the season that the players actually appear to be going SLOWER then they would appear to fans in the lower bowl, and in reference to their actual ice and leg speed.

Much slower.

Our eyes really do deceive us.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
lumbergh

Anyone here played goalie before? That's a great view from the goalie's perspective.

The thing that makes Kopitar so dangerous on the breakaway is that he can score in so many ways. He has an accurate, hard wrist shot, so you gotta respect that. The key to the goal was getting Brodeur to bite on the fake shot. You also see the beginning of the sequence where Brodeur goes well out of his crease to prepare for the shot. If Brodeur is confident he can save your weak wrister, he's not going to go so far up.

At the end, Kopitar has the patience to wait for the right shot. Reminds me a little of his first goal where he blew past Pronger. You see in the video that Brodeur is completely helpless because he can't maneuver back to the post after biting on two moves. It all happens in the space of two seconds.

What a difference Anze Kopitar has made! His three breakaway goals have all been absolutely huge. On the biggest stage of his career, total ice in his veins.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:48 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
Anyone here played goalie before? That's a great view from the goalie's perspective.

The thing that makes Kopitar so dangerous on the breakaway is that he can score in so many ways. He has an accurate, hard wrist shot, so you gotta respect that. The key to the goal was getting Brodeur to bite on the fake shot. You also see the beginning of the sequence where Brodeur goes well out of his crease to prepare for the shot. If Brodeur is confident he can save your weak wrister, he's not going to go so far up.

At the end, Kopitar has the patience to wait for the right shot. Reminds me a little of his first goal where he blew past Pronger. You see in the video that Brodeur is completely helpless because he can't maneuver back to the post after biting on two moves. It all happens in the space of two seconds.

What a difference Anze Kopitar has made! His three breakaway goals have all been absolutely huge. On the biggest stage of his career, total ice in his veins.
It is a great perspective. Watching Brodeur do his little leg shuffle moving up in the crease and then back reminded me of old hockey for some reason enough though every goalie does it.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Yes, very true.

I have season seats in the bleeders. Being so far away, and having the entire ice to view, I realized early on in the season that the players actually appear to be going SLOWER then they would appear to fans in the lower bowl, and in reference to their actual ice and leg speed.

Much slower.

Our eyes really do deceive us.
It's not just the nosebleeds. I sit in the 200's and one game a couple years ago I got tickets to glass seats right behind the goal. I was *stunned* how much faster it was at ice level. People have no idea until they're either playing or sitting that close (or watching on this creepy camera).

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:59 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

When viewing from the lower seats and the play is in the offensive zone with all ten skaters the ice seems so crowded compared to sitting way up or watching on tv. Looks like a different game.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
When viewing from the lower seats and the play is in the offensive zone with all ten skaters the ice seems so crowded compared to sitting way up or watching on tv. Looks like a different game.
When I took some friends to a hockey game for the first time, they were asking what sport was that, because it looked much better than on TV.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Too bad, I wanted to hear Brodeur saying "Oh **** oh **** oh ****. Here we go."

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Dawdler

thanks for posting the vid but I'm still trying to figure out the spooky part

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
It's Kopitar

Oooooooooooooo spooky !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
It wasn't the best choice of words, I was trying to find an apt word as a description and admittedly fell short.

Someone above described it as "creepy."

The feeling I got (from the goalie's perspective) was one of "dread." But being a Kings fan I didn't think that word was much better either.

Perhaps "ominous" would be best. Play the theme from the 1975 movie "Jaws" as Kopitar approaches (from the left side of the video, right side to Brodeur) and I think we have a winner.