HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 10:52 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
RDS disgusts me, they have an agenda and they're trying to push an idea down the fans' throat. On the last Antichambre(Oh god why did I watch that show) They said that the MARKET asks for a franco coach and the organization HAS to please the fans.

Now it's the fans who want the franco coach, not them.

I want to know who's the guy called Jean. He's very good.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I didn't like Gaston Therrien that much and especially for his "work" during draft day. Totaly unprofessionnal, and borderline stupid. But then, he added to it with his comments as a Midget AAA president when the Esther-Blondon College Phenix lost a 4-goal lead at the Telus Cup saying that it was inexcusable, he was made and all saying that they lost because of lack of discipline and that it was totally infuriating etc.....Geez, maybe so...but we are freakin talking about kids here....
Every time he speaks on RDS, he ends up saying at least one stupid thing.

I have a mark on my face. I call it the Gaston mark. It's not a birthmark. It's the imprint of my hand. Just like a couch potatoe imprint. Permanent and getting more visible with every passing day I see him on the tube.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Gaston Therrien said that Roy met with Habs management and at the end of the day he was not feeling comfortable working with them. Sort of the opposite of what has been happening with him with the Remparts. So he'll stay with the Remparts. The question is, what turned him off? That he was not as wanted as he thought, maybe? Or something else?

GT also said that Roy never asked for big money, never said "I want to have a say in trades". He never said it, it was all media speculations.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Anyone read the JDM today? Marc De Foy started complaining about too many Anglos being hired by Bergy.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Anyone read the JDM today? Marc De Foy started complaining about too many Anglos being hired by Bergy.
We had that yesterday at TVA Sports. Pedneault and DeFoy were WORST than Raymond. And yet, only Raymond gets the bashing.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
So having Dudley, Melanby, Timmins and a guy like bergevin who just spent the last 30 years of his life in the US is not enough ANGLO for you ?

Having 20 on 23 players not being francos or Quebec born is NOR ENOUGH ANGLOS for you ?

You want a 100% anglo team... Go root for the Montreal Maroons then or any other NHL team ! You haver 29 other teams to choose from.
And there we go.

We're defending Crawford who is being judged unfairly based on his culture and ethnicity. We're not arguing AGAINST francophones.

But I can see some of us still live in the past, where the stranger who tries to integrate our culture will always be inferior by birth.

It's sad we're at a point where it's a numbers game, where it's Anglos vs Francos. I'm very ashamed on the media and fans who argue like that. Grow up its 2012, stop making it political and stop trying to paint us québécois as a dying breed, we're strong enough to protect our culture and our language without reverting to colonial era xenophobia.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Garo

Quote:
We had that yesterday at TVA Sports. Pedneault and DeFoy were WORST than Raymond. And yet, only Raymond gets the bashing.
People watch TVA Sports?

Old
06-02-2012, 11:05 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
So having Dudley, Melanby, Timmins and a guy like bergevin who just spent the last 30 years of his life in the US is not enough ANGLO for you ?

Having 20 on 23 players not being francos or Quebec born is NOR ENOUGH ANGLOS for you ?

You want a 100% anglo team... Go root for the Montreal Maroons then or any other NHL team ! You haver 29 other teams to choose from.
Best candidate available for the job
not best anglo available for the job

getting a little testy?

Old
06-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Gaston Therrien said that Roy met with Habs management and at the end of the day he was not feeling comfortable working with them. Sort of the opposite of what has been happening with him with the Remparts. So he'll stay with the Remparts. The question is, what turned him off? That he was not as wanted as he thought, maybe? Or something else?

GT also said that Roy never asked for big money, never said "I want to have a say in trades". He never said it, it was all media speculations.
Same as with Gaston in all fairness. Seems more like wishful thinking.

I don't think Roy will be out of the picture until the coach is actually named.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
People watch TVA Sports?
Actually their 5-7 show is better than what RDS is having. Yet, there's a lot of Habs bashing, they are practicing this till the Nords come back. And really, at the Quebec awards show for TV, guess who won the sports personnality of the year....ahead of Crête, Houde, Macchabée and others of RDS? You guessed it....Dave Morrisette of TVASports. So yes, people watch this.

Edit: I erased MUCH....I was exagerrating....

Old
06-02-2012, 11:08 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
And there we go.

We're defending Crawford who is being judged unfairly based on his culture and ethnicity. We're not arguing AGAINST francophones.

But I can see some of us still live in the past, where the stranger who tries to integrate our culture will always be inferior by birth.

It's sad we're at a point where it's a numbers game, where it's Anglos vs Francos. I'm very ashamed on the media and fans who argue like that. Grow up its 2012, stop making it political and stop trying to paint us québécois as a dying breed, we're strong enough to protect our culture and our language without reverting to colonial era xenophobia.
I am sick and tired to read that the habs are ALWAYS favouring Francos... Which is far from being true.

Any time the Habs are hiring a BILINGUAL GM or Coach, it is like as if they were discriminating against the Anglos...

Look at the Habs personel: 95% of the management and players are non Francos.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
People watch TVA Sports?
That was my thought. Whenever Michel Langevin opens his mouth, I change the channel. How can you take a network seriously when they're lead by Pednault, Lsmgevin, Lajoie, Morisette etc. by far the worst crop of ex-110% cast.

Also anything produced by Quebecor media should be an instant "no touch". It's propaganda by PLP, especially after the launch of his Sun News channel, his motives are vile.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
They're all pretty equal in my book.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Listening to the hearsay, everything about Roy seems complicated...he is not comfortable with the situation, the people in place? Doesn't look like he really wants the job. Disappointing, if the rumors are true...

Old
06-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Garo

Quote:
Actually their 5-7 show is MUCH better than the 5à7 has. Yet, there's a lot of Habs bashing, they are practicing this till the Nords come back. And really, at the Quebec awards show for TV, guess who won the sports personnality of the year....ahead of Crête, Houde, Macchabée and others of RDS? You guessed it....Dave Morrisette of TVASports. So yes, people watch this.
As far as I can remember, that award goes to TVA each year.

But really, I said this because people around here complained a lot about the two you mentioned when they were on other channels. If it stopped, it might have something to do with that. It's kinda like that for me, since I only watch the Impact games (and my way through the broadcast)

Old
06-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Some posters completely miss the point. It's as if they're in their own world arguing about stuff they made up in their heads such as:

Crawford = Anglos VS Roy= Francos

It's not about hockey anymore. It's about politics.

Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I am sick and tired to read that the habs are ALWAYS favouring Francos... Which is far from being true.

Any time the Habs are hiring a BILINGUAL GM or Coach, it is like as if they were discriminating against the Anglos...

And yet they were all brought in by our francophone "savior" GM Marc Bergevin. Maybe Bergevin rather surround himself with great talent first, and ethnicity after?

I want the team to go back to the days of Lafleur, Beliveau, Richard etc. and I think Bergevin will bring in more Franco players... But can we stop victimizing ourselves and stop persecuting someone based on their background?

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Same as with Gaston in all fairness. Seems more like wishful thinking.

I don't think Roy will be out of the picture until the coach is actually named.
It's obvious that GT talked to Roy.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
As far as I can remember, that award goes to TVA each year.

But really, I said this because people around here complained a lot about the two you mentioned when they were on other channels. If it stopped, it might have something to do with that.
Well before, it was going to Marie-Claude Savard who actually was just giving the sports news. Made no sense but then she was at Salut Bonjour that does have some good ratings, compared to RDS. So personnaly, I really thought that without her, and with TVASports only starting, it would be RDS all the way but nope....TVASports already has their fans.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:

So then your problem is not against the Canadiens' management. It's with the people always talking trash about how the Canadiens favor French or bilingual people to work for them, when in fact that is not the case.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Vineon

Would just like to remember everyone that Bob Hartley, that mediocre French coach being "pushed down our throats by l'antichambre" and only getting a look at in Montréal because he is French when so many better names float around, has just been deemed the best candidate available by another team.

:shocked:

That this forum still believes itself any representative of the casual Montréal Canadiens fans and their aspirations for this team still puzzles me to this day.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
So then your problem is not against the Canadiens' management. It's with the people always talking trash about how the Canadiens favor French or bilingual people to work for them, when in fact that is not the case.
Right on !

Old
06-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Some posters completely miss the point. It's as if they're in their own world arguing about stuff they made up in their heads such as:

Crawford = Anglos VS Roy= Francos

It's not about hockey anymore. It's about politics.
Well it's more about Crawford = his friends that are mostly anglos anglos vs Roy = his friends that are mostly francos.

TVA Sports was strangely hoping for Hartley while RDS is pushing for Therrien. And now that Hartley is out of the running, for the sake of not hoping that an opponent gets his man in the place, TVASports is now hoping for....Roy. While RDS is still pulling for Therrien. While TSN is talking about Crawford, same way TSN990 was pulling for McGuire etc....Reality is that this province has 2 languages. And every decision whether it's hockey or whatever, will always be debated and language will often be part of it.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Right on !
That's fine then and I agree with you. It sucks when people paint you with a certain brush and it's not even relevant anymore.

However, posting non-sense like "You want an Anglo team, go root for the Maroons," you also paint a different picture. I get you are angry but those types of comments usually alienate a certain percentage of the crowd, which may or may not have been what you intended on doing.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineon View Post
Would just like to remember everyone that Bob Hartley, that mediocre French coach being "pushed down our throats by l'antichambre" and only getting a look at in Montréal because he is French when so many better names float around, has just been deemed the best candidate available by another team.

:shocked:
Good thing the Flames don't limit their pool of candidates based on arbitrary criteria and got to choose the man they thought was best for the job.

Closed Thread