HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2012, 03:06 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
so you actually hope we fail as a team so you can have your anglo-coach candy?

brilliant display of xenophobia , congratulation!

See how you didn't mention ''grab a good coach'' but grab a good ANGLO coach , like being anglo is a guarantee to being better than these idiotic french guys.You sir , are a shame to the Montreal fanbase.Sorry if the french people can't perform to your obviously superior anglo standard , thank god they gave a franchise to the french guys (les canadiens de montréal) that notoriously and consistantly failed in their existance ( a franchise they gave partly to attract the french fanbase , who actually like to be able to understand the coach speak ).French guys are simply bad hockey people , all of them , players , coaches , fans , amateur players and managers. (except maybe those that are bilingual AND coincidentally agree with your views )
He said Anglo to emphasize they'd be available. I seriously doubt he meant anglophones are superior.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
So is it just speculations or what? Dreger is usualy good with his connections but nothing is announced?

Old
06-05-2012, 03:09 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

I'm bookmarking this thread so a lot of you can eat a lot of crow.

I bet not even half of you can even name anything about Therrien's coaching style or philosophy.

He's our coach now, and he's got a lot of good pieces and good potential pieces. Let's see how he does.

Immediate thought: Ehh, hope he's good with the kids. Our special teams better not suffer.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He said Anglo to emphasize they'd be available. I seriously doubt he meant anglophones are superior.
this poll is from hockeyinsideout, now it's only 4400 votes but i think it represent most Habs fans feelings well..So Mark is really going off the charts here if indeed he does name MT coach,it got a PR disaster written all over it .The fans we're chanting "fire Gauthier" less than 1.5 years in ,just a reminder.

Quote:
Q: Which one of the following candidates would you like to see as the Canadiens’ new head coach?

Marc Crawford (28%, 1,228 Votes)
Guy Carbonneau (25%, 1,086 Votes)
Patrick Roy (22%, 966 Votes)
Jacques Lemaire (22%, 961 Votes)
Michel Therrien (3%, 183 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,425

Old
06-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well I don't.To each his perception about things.

If the NHL was operating in german , I still would want the coach to speak both french and english , in respect to the fanbase and the importance of the franchise in the city.

I also dislike the patronizing tone some people take in here , and the lack of respect for the french part of the fanbase is overwhelming on this particular website.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:15 AM
FisherKing

Well, it hasn't been made official yet that Therrien is the new coach, so I am holding out a glimmer of hope that it proves not to be the case. IMO if Bergeron selects Therrien as coach, he will have made a significant strategic error. Therrien is not imo a good coach. He wasn't good with the Habs in his first tenure and he wasn't good with the Pens. My impression of Therrien has always been "all emotion no intelligent strategy". For a coach to be successful, it is not necessary that the players like him, but it is ESSENTIAL that they RESPECT HIM. (See Bowman) To get the players' respect, you have to at least be smart - be able to implement systems and make adjustments in systems and player utilization that WORK. I have never seen any indication in Therrien that he has these kinds of smarts, ergo, he loses the room which is what happened with the Pens. I started out by expressing the opinion that making Therrien coach would be a strategic error on the part of Bergeron. The reason is that Therrien is a known commodity and if he repeats his performance again in Montreal, Bergeron will be shown little sympathy by the masses. If he tried a lesser known individual or even a rookie coach (such as Roy although I wasn't keen on him) Bergeron would at least be given more the benefit of the doubt for at least trying someone new and different. With Therrien, he won't be given that benefit of the doubt if Therrien fails to come through with the goods, which based on past performance is exactly what I believe is going to happen. Good luck with this one Bergie, I think you're gonna need it.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
this poll is from hockeyinsideout, now it only 4400 votes but i think it represent most Habs fans feelings well..So Mark is really going off the charts here if indeed he does name MT coach,it got a PR disaster written all over it .The fans we're chanting fire Gauthier 1.5 years in .
And I think the Journal de Montréal had a poll a week ago and it was between Crawford and Therrien and Therrien was winning by a staggering 86%.

I have the feeling that the difference between these two choices are very cut and dry between the anglo and franco population. Never seen something like this.

Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

I bet not even half of you can even name anything about Therrien's coaching style or philosophy.

He's our coach now, and he's got a lot of good pieces and good potential pieces. Let's see how he does.

Immediate thought: Ehh, hope he's good with the kids. Our special teams better not suffer.
I never understood why people say the first line you said. Seems pointless to me.

Old
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Therrien + Weber + 2nd for Vigneault.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
so you actually hope we fail as a team so you can have your anglo-coach candy?

brilliant display of xenophobia , congratulation!

See how you didn't mention ''grab a good coach'' but grab a good ANGLO coach , like being anglo is a guarantee to being better than these idiotic french guys.You sir , are a shame to the Montreal fanbase.Sorry if the french people can't perform to your obviously superior anglo standard , thank god they gave a franchise to the french guys (les canadiens de montréal) that notoriously and consistantly failed in their existance ( a franchise they gave partly to attract the french fanbase , who actually like to be able to understand the coach speak ).French guys are simply bad hockey people , all of them , players , coaches , fans , amateur players and managers. (except maybe those that are bilingual AND coincidentally agree with your views )
im a francophone you reactionary git

Old
06-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
im a franco you moron
then you are shameless.You aren't helping your case.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:22 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
And I think the Journal de Montréal had a poll a week ago and it was between Crawford and Therrien and Therrien was winning by a staggering 86%.

I have the feeling that the difference between these two choices are very cut and dry between the anglo and franco population. Never seen something like this.
Not sure that's a fair assessment since Carbonneau, Roy and Lemaire are francophone coaches and they weren't too far behind Crawford in the voting. I would say the Journal De Montreal vote was a lot more biased than the Hockeyinsideout poll

Old
06-05-2012, 03:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
then you are shameless.You aren't helping your case.
you quote like a pro

yes. you caught me. i am shameless and i hate my own people. im moving to a place where they only speak good english, like australia

Old
06-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
you quote like a pro

yes. you caught me. i am shameless and i hate my own people. im moving to a place where they only speak good english, like australia
get lost

Old
06-05-2012, 03:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
get lost

Old
06-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Not sure that's a fair assessment since Carbonneau, Roy and Lemaire are francophone coaches and they weren't too far behind Crawford in the voting. I would say the Journal De Montreal vote was a lot more biased than the Hockeyinsideout poll
Still we know who they would have taken between the two main choices.

My opinion is that the moment Hartley and especially Roy were not going to be hired it became a lose-lose situation for the new coach. I think Therrien(like Crawford would have been too) will be a on short leach from the fans standpoint. I don't think they're going to be patient.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:43 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Still we know who they would have taken between the two main choices.

My opinion is that the moment Hartley and especially Roy were not going to be hired it became a lose-lose situation for the new coach. I think Therrien(like Crawford would have been too) will be a on short leach from the fans standpoint. I don't think they're going to be patient.
Exactly my thinking.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

it all documented about Therrien ...just read..

Old
06-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

The negative is that it's not a sexy pick because he has been with us before.

The positive is that there has been so much things that has happened since Therrien was Habs coach, we can't possibly say everything is the same. It's like a new coach coming in. Anyway I hope he has gotten better.

It will be intriguing to see who he chooses for his assistants.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
The negative is that it's not a sexy pick because he has been with us before.

The positive is that there has been so much things that has happened since Therrien was Habs coach, we can't possibly say everything is the same. It's like a new coach coming in. Anyway I hope he has gotten better.

It will be intriguing to see who he chooses for his assistants.
come read in this thread....post 102
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1197457&page=5

Please don't kid yourself.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old
06-05-2012, 03:58 AM
nhlfan9191

Therrien was a disaster ten years ago and he won't be any better now. Please tell me this is a joke. The habs made the playoffs once, and the only reason we made it that year was because our goalie decided to have a historic season. In what way is this trying to change things. Therrien was the start of a decade of 8th place finishes.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:02 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Well, look at our team ten years ago. I don't even think the great Scotty Bowman could have helped them make the playoffs without the help of Theodore.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:03 AM
habsfanatics

I am losing faith in Bergevin already. His grade 11 education scared me, and now his ability to evaluate coaches is more quesrionable than his lack of education.

The more things change, the more they the same in Habs land. I might look for something different to waste my time and money on this year

Old
06-05-2012, 04:23 AM
habakkuk

Therrien?

If true:
This has to rate with the Gomez trade as one of the Habs most disappointing decisions.
When decisions are wildly unpopular like this one is, Bergevin has to wonder is it me or the world that is wrong.
I had so much hope when Gautier left that we would go pragmatic rather than emotive. It sucks being a fan of a team where performance takes a back seat to politics.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

if you believe guys like Marinaro, Geoff Molson was wink-wink-nudge-nudging Therrien more than a month ago even before Bergevin was brought on board, which now brings real concern about who is calling the shots in Montreal hockey operations.

With the selection of Therrien what real evidence is there that anything has changed in Montreal?

Closed Thread