HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Oh dear. If folks didn't like Jacques Martin's ultra-structured approach, wait until you see Therrien's lack of structure approach where we regularly give up 40 shots and get outchanced 2-1. This team needs a teacher....not Therrien. I'll hope for the best but expect the worst. He may get some short term results but then we'll see tons of player frustration (a la Crosby and the Pens).

I'd be willing to bet that at least one of Vigneault, Quenneville, Boucher or Julien will be available next year. All are on the hot seat this upcoming season.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:39 AM
shutehinside

Well Bergy accomplished uniting Habs fans, at least on this board. Seems most people here ****ing hate the choice of Therrien should it come to fruition. God I hope he has terrible nightmares tonight and realizes its a huge mistake. Maybe it's a ploy to gauge the medias reaction to his decision by leaking it. I'm making up Amy excise I can now to cling on to any hope that we didn't just hire the biggest idiot coach in hockey.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Well Bergy accomplished uniting Habs fans, at least on this board. Seems most people here ****ing hate the choice of Therrien should it come to fruition. God I hope he has terrible nightmares tonight and realizes its a huge mistake. Maybe it's a ploy to gauge the medias reaction to his decision by leaking it. I'm making up Amy excise I can now to cling on to any hope that we didn't just hire the biggest idiot coach in hockey.
Maybe there trying to see how far they can push fans until they walk out and protest in the streets>? lol
Man i can see it now, day 35 of Habs fan protest..lol

This is very abrasive stuff to digest ....i just can't believe Habs are goona hire a nuclear Jacques Martin...the only difference between the two is Therrien freaks out...the rest is same ...

they both juggle lines like like crazy
they both play dmen as forwards
players don't like them
both sit on leads,defensive style

Goona equal fans booing about 30 days in .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-05-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old
06-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Therrien was a disaster ten years ago and he won't be any better now. Please tell me this is a joke. The habs made the playoffs once, and the only reason we made it that year was because our goalie decided to have a historic season. In what way is this trying to change things. Therrien was the start of a decade of 8th place finishes.
Have you seen the team we had when he was there. Are you kidding? Our first line was Koivu, Gilmour and Zetnik.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Maybe there trying to see how far they can push fans until they walk out and protest in the streets>? lol
Man i can see it now, day 35 of Habs fan protest..lol

This is very abrasive stuff to digest ....i just can't believe Habs are goona hire a nuclear Jacques Martin...the only difference between the two is Therrien freaks out...the rest is same ...

they both juggle lines like like crazy
they both play dmen as forwards
players don't like them
both sit on leads,defensive style

Goona equal fans booing about 30 days in .
It seems to me you have never watched ANY games coached by Therrien, the guy has always been an offensive-mind coach. In fact that what's has been what his detractors have had on him. He's the opposite of a Claude Julien who is all system and having a tight defensive structure.

He plays his best players over and over contrary to a JM who was always rolling at four lines.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Have you seen the team we had when he was there. Are you kidding? Our first line was Koivu, Gilmour and Zetnik.
So our longest tendered captain, a future hall of faker and a solid 20 goal man. We've had worse.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:04 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It seems to me you have never watched ANY games coached by Therrien, the guy has always been an offensive-mind coach. In fact that what's has been what his detractors have had on him. He's the opposite of a Claude Julien who is all system and having a tight defensive structure.

He plays his best players over and over contrary to a JM who was always rolling at four lines.
Isn't think he's so offensive minded as he is lacking in a team structure. He wants his players to play hard every shift but doesn't puta system in place to play within.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:09 AM
FinnHab

So basicly some fans are sure that Therrien is disaster coach and Bergevin is garbage GM? Im ******* speechless.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Hugo Sham

i woke up to a nightmare

Old
06-05-2012, 05:13 AM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

I guess this is what happens when you have to hire a coach who speaks French. Oh well at least the masters at La Presse and Le Journal will be happy that they got their way

The only championship Therrien ever won as a coach was the Q title and Memorial Cup in 1996 and that was due to the Morrissette brothers making dubious trades to load Granby up. I give him maximum 2 years.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:40 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Shoot me

Old
06-05-2012, 05:42 AM
clarke19

I'm open to the idea of Therrien as coach. He had nothing to work with last time he was here and he was a rookie coach. He put up admirable results in the AHL then decent results in Pittsburgh with a young Crosby trying to develop him into the star he is today.

Yes, Bylsma has had better results with Pittsburgh but getting older and getting that first playoff experience under them with Therrien definitely played a factor in that. I'm willing to see what he can do. He's an older guy now who likely has a slightly different perspective on things. If Bergevin liked what he saw after such a lengthy interview process I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:43 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Michel Therrien one of those to critisize the Habs & JM for constantly sitting on their leads while part of the Antichambre(Who, surprisingly, are all supporting this Therrien coach decision, nobody is against it)?

I mean if he did critisize JM & The Habs.. Hes smart enough not to do it.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Best would have been Lemaire. Hartley would have been the best of the rest.....Roy would have been a better option.....but we got Therrien. Best of luck.

Let's hope he improved but mostly let's hope he'll surround himself with interesting people.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

not 100% happy
but coaches who took time from the game have usually come back better.
You cant do anything else but learn and adapt when you watch from afar.

Lets just hope he changed for the best.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
So our longest tendered captain, a future hall of faker and a solid 20 goal man. We've had worse.
Tell me you didn't do that on purpose.... It's not because we had worst that it's actually good.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Maxpac

Wow, all this negativity....

After Roy, Therrien was my man so I'm super happy. Finally no more hypocrit softy behind the bench that doesn't do squat when the going gets tough. We badly needed somebody like him and I'm glad it's done.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
So basicly some fans are sure that Therrien is disaster coach and Bergevin is garbage GM? Im ******* speechless.
I agree. The reactions around here are hilarious.

Therrien now is for sure the same as he was 10 years ago

I thought Hitchcock was a good example of people learning and adapting.

Give the guy a chance!!!! He was interviewed many times by our management team, not just Beregevin. Carriere inetrviewed him and was in the dressing rrom last eyar so he might know what we need more than us?

Old
06-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Estimated_Prophet

I can't say that I am excited about Therrien but I am happy as **** that we didn't hire Crawford.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
ClasslessGuy

I don't 100% like tht choice but I will give him a chance!

Old
06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tell me you didn't do that on purpose.... It's not because we had worst that it's actually good.
Chalk that up to predictive text on my iPad.

Ironic and funny though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:55 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I can't say that I am excited about Therrien but I am happy as **** that we didn't hire Crawford.
Im not trying to be confrontational when I say this but I think that your actually my complete opposite. I've never read a single post of yours that I agree with. Nothing wrong with that, but I've never seen that before.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

But people using his tenue as a Habs coach are really funny. That would mean that Vigeault and Julien should have never gotten another chance 'cause they failed too. Luckily enough, some intelligent GM's decided that they were not all to blame for our lack of success. Should I also say that a guy like Julien was about to be fired if we score on OT...etc....

Let's give the guy a chance. Clearly not my favorite choice though.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wow, all this negativity....

After Roy, Therrien was my man so I'm super happy. Finally no more hypocrit softy behind the bench that doesn't do squat when the going gets tough. We badly needed somebody like him and I'm glad it's done.
I think that the people main worries is that Therrien is not exactly known as a super wise hockey man tactically. So you either hope he perfected his art, or that he'll surround himself with good tacticians...which make me believe that if we don't like Therrien's nomination, we "might" hate even more his assistants if he indeed go with Carbo and Tremblay. Don't see tacticians there..

Old
06-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Our most reserved journalists, and maybe one of the best in Mathias Brunet believes we made the right pick. I don't agree with him. Especially when Hartley was available.

Closed Thread