HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

phil kessel

Old
05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

vCash: 500
phil kessel

honestly what would it take to pry him from burke. rangers are clearly looking for more offense and he popped into my mind so i was wondering if any toronto fans would be interested in kessel and for what off the rangers roster/prospects

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
BK201

Probably a lot tbh at least 2 first rounders and a second but my guess is they would only move him for a center, a good #1 center even if they had to add.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:05 PM
AK1990

Would want Kreider, M. Staal and a 1st minimum. Regardless if this is an overpayment to some fans thats the only way Burke would consider it...just because He paid a hefty price tag himself so Burke would need to get several pieces to justify the deal.

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
honestly what would it take to pry him from burke. rangers are clearly looking for more offense and he popped into my mind so i was wondering if any toronto fans would be interested in kessel and for what off the rangers roster/prospects
There's a thread about this like on the front page... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1199483

I think it would make more sense for the Rangers to target Lupul than Kessel--he's played the left side, and he'll come cheaper.

Given Burke's predilection for American forwards... Stepan (+/-) for Lupul (+/-) seems a logical starting point.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeputyMcLaren

Quote:
I think to get Kessel away from BB, you would have to offer him far more than the Rangers would be willing to offer. It doesn't help the Rangers that Kessel just came off of a career season, top 10 in scoring?, and seems to have unreal chemistry with Lupul.

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
There's a thread about this like on the front page... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1199483

I think it would make more sense for the Rangers to target Lupul than Kessel--he's played the left side, and he'll come cheaper.

Given Burke's predilection for American forwards... Stepan (+/-) for Lupul (+/-) seems a logical starting point.
no do not want lupul. i like him but hes too overrated right now. had an amazing year but i believe it was mostly him feeding off of kessel. i saw him in anaheim and was never overly impressed even though i always liked the guy. stepan has more potential than lupul right now. stepan for lupul + for starters at least

Old
05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
no do not want lupul. i like him but hes too overrated right now. had an amazing year but i believe it was mostly him feeding off of kessel. i saw him in anaheim and was never overly impressed even though i always liked the guy. stepan has more potential than lupul right now. stepan for lupul + for starters at least
You're kidding yourself if you think that. When Lupul was Stepan's age he already had a 28 goal season under his belt (53 points that season). People think this was some crazy overproductive year for Lupul, however thats only so for his assist total.

Over his career, Lupul has averaged 24 goals/82 games, 33 assists/82 games, and 57 points. The only reason people think Lupul doesn't normally get these numbers is because he was derailed with some (freak injuries, nothing re-occuring).

Stepan should consider himself lucky if he produces similar to how Lupul has thus far. Not even considering the fact that Stepan's #1 linemate (and probably the reason for his high assist total) was Marian Gaborik

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

not a fan of either team but think if they want to get rid of gabrick as alot of fans state kessal for him isnt a bad start Im sure both teams need to add some piece but a good start

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Leafs03

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
not a fan of either team but think if they want to get rid of gabrick as alot of fans state kessal for him isnt a bad start Im sure both teams need to add some piece but a good start
why would we trade a younger, cheaper goal scorer for a older,more expensive goal scorer?? that would make no sense for us to do......

Leafs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
ChillyPalmer

I really don't know what I would take for Kessel.

Kessel is great right now, but he'll be even better if the Leafs get that C they've been looking for since Sundin left.

ChillyPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:23 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Part of Lupul's resurgence had to do with Kessel but the other part has a lot to do with moving him from RW to LW. Lupul doesn't have breakaway speed but he has a good shot so he becomes very dangerous with some space in the slot. He always had the skill, he's just being utilized much better imo. If you watched Leafs games over the course of this past season you'll notice Lupul benefiting from playing with Kessel and vice-versa on different occasions. It's not like one was heavily dependant on the other (although Phil's point totals did begin wavering a little once Lupul got injured IIRC). They're both just in ideal situations alongside each other atm.

Kessel would cost a lot to acquire. Rangers are better off going after Nash, he has more years left on his contract.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Kessel would cost a lot to acquire. Rangers are better off going after Nash, he has more years left on his contract.
biggest thing with nash is his monster contract

Old
05-31-2012, 04:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
why would we trade a younger, cheaper goal scorer for a older,more expensive goal scorer?? that would make no sense for us to do......
there would be more going to toronto im just stating the main peices The other stuff would be young players with upside and picks

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Oates2Neely

It would take Brian Burke getting fired. Because IF Burke were to trade Kessel it would be because he's deciding to rebuild. Which is the total opposite of what he's been preaching for half a decade now as Leafs GM. IF Burke was fired, & a new GM decided it was time to rebuild?

To NYR:
Kessel

To TOR:
Stepan
McDonaugh

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

More than any team would want to give.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:45 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

It would take a big overpayment. Something like:

Kessel for Kreider/Stepan + Del Zotto/McDonaugh + Anisimov/Miller/St. Croix + 1st round pick 2012.

Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 05-31-2012 at 10:09 PM.
QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
because he's a better goal scorer then Kessl?

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:04 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
It would take Brian Burke getting fired. Because IF Burke were to trade Kessel it would be because he's deciding to rebuild. Which is the total opposite of what he's been preaching for half a decade now as Leafs GM. IF Burke was fired, & a new GM decided it was time to rebuild?

To NYR:
Kessel

To TOR:
Stepan
McDonaugh
You're contradicting yourself. Kessel is part of the rebuild, a long-term fixture at that. At 25 y/o he'll only be entering his prime.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

If you call up a team and ask for their best player expect to be very uncomfortable with the return. The Leafs have absolutely no reason to trade Kessel and its magnified by the price they paid for him. If you're inquiring about a player that is not really for sale expect a huge premium and I would blame Burke.

Its like in the thread below when habs fans are all up and arms for what I said it would cost to get Gaborik. If a player is not for sale, it will take a lot. 40 goal scorers are salvation army products. They are hard to come by and unless they are being shopped will not be available for anything less than an overpayment.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:33 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:

To NYR:
Kessel

To TOR:
Stepan
McDonaugh
Make it:

Kessel + McKegg/D'amigo + 2013 2nd

for

Stepan, McDonaugh + Kreider

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
In before Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
because he's a better goal scorer then Kessl?
Kessel plays beside Bozak/Connolly.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
It would take a big overpayment. Something like:

Kessel for Kreider/Stepan + Del Zotto/McDonaugh + Miller/St. Croix + 1st round pick 2012.
Speechless...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Speechless...
He did warn for overpayment. Mind you, most of us know that market value wise, Kessel probably is not worth that much. However, with "the trade", him being the only elite offensive forward on our team, and the whole thing about Burke's pride, expect at least this much.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Falcons93

Quote:

To NYR:
Kessel

To TOR:
Stepan
McDonaugh
I wouldn't even consider that, and I doubt Burke would either. I guess it would have to be a huge over-payment to get him from us (because Stepan and McDonaugh are very valuable pieces).

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote