HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Ebbisen

vCash: 1094
No Anton Forsberg? He has been really good playing with Södertälje in allsvenskan

Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Not at all. Rielly and Reinhart are sexier players who have about a half season development over Murray. Murray is what he is on both sides of the puck, and although that's good, HF will rank players with greater offensive upside over that.

And the bolded is simply not true. I've had my fair share of unpopular opinions here, and I defend those opinions. It was more of a sarcastic thing, because I don't need anyone's sympathy, especially over hockey prospects.
How is Reinhart more sexier player than Murray? And how he has greater off. upside?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:11 AM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Not at all. Rielly and Reinhart are sexier players who have about a half season development over Murray. Murray is what he is on both sides of the puck, and although that's good, HF will rank players with greater offensive upside over that.

And the bolded is simply not true. I've had my fair share of unpopular opinions here, and I defend those opinions. It was more of a sarcastic thing, because I don't need anyone's sympathy, especially over hockey prospects.
Reilly missed almost his entire draft year due to injury. He doesn't have a year on Murray

Old
03-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
How is Reinhart more sexier player than Murray? And how he has greater off. upside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Reilly missed almost his entire draft year due to injury. He doesn't have a year on Murray
You guys are fighting a losing battle, you'll never change his mind on Ryan Murray.

Reinhart projects as a shutdown defenseman at his top end. There is limited offensive upside with this player; when I see him play, I see shades of Willie Mitchell or maybe Nick Schultz.

Morgan Rielly is the only defenseman that I see challenging Ryan Murray in the long-term; and I thought that even heading into last season. Rielly is an incredible skater, very good with the puck, and is as smart as they come. All that being said, he will need to get stronger and improve his defensive zone play, to be most effective.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:15 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
You guys are fighting a losing battle, you'll never change his mind on Ryan Murray.
Yeah, didnt know i needed my mind changed on our potential number 1 pairing defenseman, which is what ive always thought and always said. i just dont think hes one of those special defenseman that come around once in a long time.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Yeah, didnt know i needed my mind changed on our potential number 1 pairing defenseman, which is what ive always thought and always said. i just dont think hes one of those special defenseman that come around once in a long time.
#1 defensemen are special.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Right, don't answer the comments that directly proved your whole post wrong, just avoid them altogether and again play the victim.

In other goings on...

Checking out eliteprospects.com, found an interesting link to share:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft_....php?TeamID=58

The entire history of CBJ draft picks, right from Rostislav Klesla, all the way through to Gianluca Curcuruto. I found it interesting, because I can remember guys like Kyle Wharton and Tim Jackman being boasted about for long periods of time. This page also shows their NHL statistics, including games played. It's an interesting thing to check out, if you want to compare and contrast draft histories.

Some things that surprised me? Pascal Leclaire playing just 173 NHL games, and that Alexandre Picard still has yet to score an NHL goal.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Right, don't answer the comments that directly proved your whole post wrong, just avoid them altogether and again play the victim.
what? no comments proved me wrong. nothing other than candymans asking of why rielly and reinhart are sexier than murray are directed at me. i literally have no idea what youre talking about about being 'victim', but whatever. we'll see whos right in time.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
InjuredChoker

Jenner 2 A, -1 in 3-4 OT loss.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
InjuredChoker

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 50 s
#CBJ prospect C Kevin Lynch seemed close to ATO w Springfield but he opted not to sign. #CBJ own his rights thru 8/15; if not signed, UFA.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:03 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 50 s
#CBJ prospect C Kevin Lynch seemed close to ATO w Springfield but he opted not to sign. #CBJ own his rights thru 8/15; if not signed, UFA.
lol. His loss

Old
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
major major

Jenner's Generals are down 0-3, on the verge of elimination. Should he go to Springfield? I'd like to see what he can do there, and I think another summer of skating training is needed before he comes to Columbus.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Jenner's Generals are down 0-3, on the verge of elimination. Should he go to Springfield? I'd like to see what he can do there, and I think another summer of skating training is needed before he comes to Columbus.
He will finish the season with Springfield, as he's already signed and thus, can play there without expending a year of his contract now that his junior season is done.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:37 AM
InjuredChoker

9 2 6 8 -1

Jenner's playoff stats. Worst on his junior career but the whole team seemed to be kind of bad outside of maybe Laughton. For example Biggs had only one assist.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:03 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
9 2 6 8 -1

Jenner's playoff stats. Worst on his junior career but the whole team seemed to be kind of bad outside of maybe Laughton. For example Biggs had only one assist.
Yeah but it may be a blessing if he gets to play in the ahl playoffs with a red hot Cam Atkinson, Ryan Johansen and Tim Erixon. Who knows maybe Jam will heat up when everyone is back on the falcons

Old
04-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Yeah but it may be a blessing if he gets to play in the ahl playoffs with a red hot Cam Atkinson, Ryan Johansen and Tim Erixon. Who knows maybe Jam will heat up when everyone is back on the falcons
JAM is tied for 2nd in AHL scoring, 1 pt our of first.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
JAM is tied for 2nd in AHL scoring, 1 pt our of first.
Only 4 points in 4 games in April. He needs to heat up a bit more

Old
04-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

CBJ signed Lukas Sedlak to 3 year entry level deal today. Sedlak is an excellent faceoff guy and likely bottom 6 candidate although he appears to have shown more scoring ability and skill than initially thought when coming over from the Czech Republic. Another depth player in the system with some grit to his game. I believe he was the captain of the Czech Republic WJC team.

Good depth signing and likely to spend all of his entry level deal in the AHL as he continues to refine his game. I like this kid and think there is some upside.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Roadman
Moving On

THN write up on Dansk

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...rie-storm.html

Old
04-13-2013, 08:36 AM
jacketman10

Dansk is who I wanted with our second pick last year. Great to hear him speak about the season he had to endure. Also, like his comments regarding working on his game.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Thanks. Another great thing about the way Bobrovsky is playing is we don't have to rush any of our G prospects to the NHL or to a starters role.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Thanks. Another great thing about the way Bobrovsky is playing is we don't have to rush any of our G prospects to the NHL or to a starters role.
Exactly ... and with Dansk, Korpisalo, and Forsberg all in the system, we may be set for a very long time.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:48 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Exactly ... and with Dansk, Korpisalo, and Forsberg all in the system, we may be set for a very long time.
Yep. Hopefully having other good G in the system will make them raise their effort and level of play too.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Saad Panda

Ouellette apparently put together a good season at Maine as well.

Old
04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Jenner scores GWG today for SPR @ 19:31 in the 3rd.

Welcome aboard Boone.

Closed Thread