HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The scouts need to be prepare for every situation. Teuvo's interest might just be there ONLY if Bergevin has a deal to move down. They need to be aware of everybody based on what can happen before or during draft day. Moving down is an option, you need to look at the moving down players you could get.
You really believe that? We would not be interested in Teuvo at our spot because he's a bit of a reach? In 2005, Price was a bit of a reach. Doesn't matter if you believe the guy will become the BPA, and it's not always easy to move down.

I invite you guys to watch the being the scene of the Leafs the year they took Kadri. They were asking a 3rd round pick to move down and most teams were not even interested...

Old
06-03-2012, 09:59 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You seriously need help.......

I never said anything of the sort.
You need to pull your head put of you ass because that's what I've been saying. If you weren't so keen to bash the kid you'd probably have figured it out by now.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Does any one know what the test is they use to measure hand-eye coordination?

Old
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
You really believe that? We would not be interested in Teuvo at our spot because he's a bit of a reach? In 2005, Price was a bit of a reach. Doesn't matter if you believe the guy will become the BPA, and it's not always easy to move down.

I invite you guys to watch the being the scene of the Leafs the year they took Kadri. They were asking a 3rd round pick to move down and most teams were not even interested...
Well I think that Teuvo does have the bit of a reach that Price did. Price was supposed to be Ottawa property at #9. And some say Teuvo will end the top 10. Now, the comparison isn't the greatest 'cause the bit of a reach was not the main point for us, moreso, the need since we already had Theodore. Also. I think that at #5, always depending of the talent available, you might see more "reaches" than top 3. And my belief is that, while I surely didn't have as extensive looks on Teuvo than the Habs brass might have, I don't see how they'd chose him over Gally or Forsberg. Surely, they might not be Grigo fan, and while I don't agree, so be it. But are we absolutely sure that despite his size, will be able to translate all that in the bigs? Chances are, in the world of projecting, some wil in fact project that Gally and Forsberg will indeed have more chances to reach their ceiling. Now....this is a debate solely about a top 3. I am at #10, and I don't care about ceiling, I have full confidence that Teuvo is the BPA. But at #3? I guess we'll see. Honestly, he wouldn't be my pick. But if he ends up being our pick, I can tell you that I will be really excited 'cause for Timmins to make him #3, it surely has to mean that we will getting something way better than what the majority thinks.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Huddle's top 80....it is different....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...dbK13k.twitter

Old
06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

I like it.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Andros777

I'm not an expert. But I just don't understand how Galchenyuk can pass people without playing at all.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post

Kind of difficult to compare drafts though. 2009 was pretty mediocre. All the hype was for the Top 3. Plus the Leafs had the 7th pick, which doesn't really compare to the 3rd overall in a year in which the Top 5 are all seen as excellent players.

I'll trust Timmins and Bergevin on this one.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I'd be good with Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.

But I trust Timmins.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Bieber fever

Quote:

Faksa at 4 ? interdasting....

Old
06-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

I can see Galchenyuk going 1st overall instead of Yakupov. A 2nd line centre is much more of a need in Edmonton than Yakupov and I could see Columbus giving Edmonton a bit so they could draft Yakupov with their 2nd overall pick.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Well I think that Teuvo does have the bit of a reach that Price did. Price was supposed to be Ottawa property at #9. And some say Teuvo will end the top 10. Now, the comparison isn't the greatest 'cause the bit of a reach was not the main point for us, moreso, the need since we already had Theodore. Also. I think that at #5, always depending of the talent available, you might see more "reaches" than top 3. And my belief is that, while I surely didn't have as extensive looks on Teuvo than the Habs brass might have, I don't see how they'd chose him over Gally or Forsberg. Surely, they might not be Grigo fan, and while I don't agree, so be it. But are we absolutely sure that despite his size, will be able to translate all that in the bigs? Chances are, in the world of projecting, some wil in fact project that Gally and Forsberg will indeed have more chances to reach their ceiling. Now....this is a debate solely about a top 3. I am at #10, and I don't care about ceiling, I have full confidence that Teuvo is the BPA. But at #3? I guess we'll see. Honestly, he wouldn't be my pick. But if he ends up being our pick, I can tell you that I will be really excited 'cause for Timmins to make him #3, it surely has to mean that we will getting something way better than what the majority thinks.
If Toronto has major hard on for Galchenyuk think Timmins trade down and pick Teravainen 5th? If Leafs willing to pay high.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
If Toronto has major hard on for Galchenyuk think Timmins trade down and pick Teravainen 5th? If Leafs willing to pay high.
Unless Toronto offers their 1st this year and their 1st next year, no.

I dont want Galchenyuk in our own division. But, being able to potentially grab MacKinnon or Shinkaruk and Drouin next year, would be pretty tantalizing.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Really curious as to why Tim Bozon isn't rated higher on most lists. 36 goals, 71 points in his first season in North America. Has really good work ethic; a big rookie standout in the most physical CHL league.

I think if the Habs nab him in the 2nd it will be a big steal.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:20 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
I'm not an expert. But I just don't understand how Galchenyuk can pass people without playing at all.
I would say its based on his interviews and Ho's combine. He was really rated high before he blew out Ho's knee and has shown a huge amount of work ethic and determination throughout the entire rehab and after. Add his high skill level and it's no doubt that many teams see what he COULD become in the future.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Unless Toronto offers their 1st this year and their 1st next year, no.

I dont want Galchenyuk in our own division. But, being able to potentially grab MacKinnon or Shinkaruk and Drouin next year, would be pretty tantalizing.
It's not something Burke wouldn't do ie. Kessel

Old
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
You need to pull your head put of you ass because that's what I've been saying. If you weren't so keen to bash the kid you'd probably have figured it out by now.
You really do require some immediate help

Old
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Kind of difficult to compare drafts though. 2009 was pretty mediocre. All the hype was for the Top 3. Plus the Leafs had the 7th pick, which doesn't really compare to the 3rd overall in a year in which the Top 5 are all seen as excellent players.

I'll trust Timmins and Bergevin on this one.
I know, but because we want to trade down doesn't mean we'll find a trading partner.

Edmonton : Yakupov
Columbus : probably Forsberg or Galchenyuk

Montreal : let's say they want Terevainen and looking to trade down...

New York : They will probably pick the defenseman they like the most (no need to move up)
Toronto : They will probably settle for the forward left from the Columbus pick (no need to move up)
Anaheim : Maybe, but it would be a risk...too big of a risk IMO.

Of course, it's all speculations from my part, but it's just to explain my point that it's not always easy to trade down.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
I don't know about the Leafs scouting department but Leaf fans surely do it seems.. They're trying to convince themselves that the Habs will take Grigorenko so Galchenyuk falls to them @ 5 on their board..

Old
06-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I can see Galchenyuk going 1st overall instead of Yakupov. A 2nd line centre is much more of a need in Edmonton than Yakupov
A second line centre isn't a bigger need than Yakupov for any team. Without mentioning the fact that the Oilers already have a centre that has 220 NHL points at 22 years of age.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Top Corner2

No love for Dumba? To me that would resemble the Price pick more....seems to be the type of player we don't need....but could well become the best player in this draft! That kid has Moxy!

Old
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
He didn't really "pass" others, they dropped because they hurt their stock. The draft is based on NHL potential not CHL production.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One thing I heard last night(ironically enough from Healey0 is Edmonthon was leaning towards Murray and were afraid to trade down thinking somebody would trade ahead of them to get him. The reasoning for them to take Murray is not only for need but because having Hall RNH Eberle and Yakupov their cap would be mostly taken up with forwards and they would be in a tough spot trying to have a solid defense and goaltending.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I'd be good with Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.

But I trust Timmins.

I don't totally ! A guy who selects Fischer over Giroux and White over Marchand or Clutterbuck, and even Leblanc over Kreider is questionable.

For me, it's Galchenyuk or Forsberg. I don't want another Russian Prima ballerina.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:53 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I am not ! A guy who selects Fischer over Giroux and White over Marchand or Clutterbuck is questionable.
You know any scout whose choices have never been questionable? We have one of the best.

Closed Thread