HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
One thing I heard last night(ironically enough from Healey0 is Edmonthon was leaning towards Murray and were afraid to trade down thinking somebody would trade ahead of them to get him. The reasoning for them to take Murray is not only for need but because having Hall RNH Eberle and Yakupov their cap would be mostly taken up with forwards and they would be in a tough spot trying to have a solid defense and goaltending.
Boston or Toronto would kill to get that 1st overall pick. Watch them on Draft Day.

Old
06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I don't totally ! A guy who selects Fischer over Giroux and White over Marchand or Clutterbuck, and even Leblanc over Kreider is questionable.

For me, it's Galchenyuk or Forsberg. I don't want another Russian Prima ballerina.
..This happens all the time for everyone in the draft.

Old
06-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Habitants

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=8...site-Draft2012

full combine results

so many tests!

Old
06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Fozz

Impressed by Chris Calnan, who did extremely well during the combine.

Smart kid:http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...enough-school/

Old
06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Dagistitsyn

Where is Sebastian Collberg expected to go in the draft?

Old
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Once again it is you who has the bias. It would seem as though scouts agree with my assessment and I will be proven right when both Yakupov and Galchenyuk go before Grigorenko. The vast majority of posters on these boards also agree with with my observations........clearly you are the one with the blinders on.

Even those who like Grigorenko have recently referred to you as a fanboy. Grigorenko is a kid and has a ton of potential but the fact is that he did disappear when the going got tough and it is an absolute consensus that Galchenyuk was the best player on his team during the playoffs.

You refuse to acknowledge the facts like the rest of us and you see what you want to see. Unfortunately for you you won't see Grigorenko on the Habs.....lol you'll probably argue that as well.

I hope Grigorenko turns into a good player and proves me wrong....I just wouldn't gamble on him being better than many of the top 10 ranked players.
You might want to think a little deeper about this year's draft. The central scouts aren't gods nor are the NHL scouts. There's always players that turn out better than most people believe and there are big surprises both as losers and winners. These are the same people who were clearly wrong about Sean Couturier in last year's draft. The Canadiens have to be looking at Yakapov, Galchenyuk, Forsberg and Grigorenko for their pick and it will depend on who's picked before them. This year's draft is a real crapshoot and there are so many scenarios that could and will happen depending on team's needs of player type or belief in the BPA.

Just my opinion! It will be really fun to watch this year's draft to see if there are any fireworks or blockbuster trades!

Old
06-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Dada

Quote:
I don't totally ! A guy who selects Fischer over Giroux and White over Marchand or Clutterbuck, and even Leblanc over Kreider is questionable.

For me, it's Galchenyuk or Forsberg. I don't want another Russian Prima ballerina.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Boston or Toronto would kill to get that 1st overall pick. Watch them on Draft Day.
Why?

Old
06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I guess every NHL head scout should be fired and replaced by Jojo since they all made bad picks in their time.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Still preparing myself for my list and in retrospecdt, as far as the Belleville Bulls are concerned, I'd put Zharkov AHEAD of Gaunce. I'd fell that Gaunce is safer but ceiling lower, while Zharkov might be top 6 or nothing at all. Not saying there's a big gap though. Yet, that's how I see it. My understanding though is that during draft day, it will be the other way around. But I don't exactly share it.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Impressed by Chris Calnan, who did extremely well during the combine.

Smart kid:http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...enough-school/
Haha, there's a player called Andrey Markov

Old
06-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Forsberg seems like a smart, down to earth guy from the interviews I've seen. For me, it's either him or Galchenyuk. Can't decide between.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:44 PM
onice

Quote:

Oh I love that one! I really do!

I bet you would have been one of the first to lynch him by his short hairs if Timmins had picked an anglo ahead of a local Franco when the draft was in Montreal.

How can you post that and face yourself in the morning?

Old
06-03-2012, 04:10 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Where is Sebastian Collberg expected to go in the draft?
10 to 15 on most lists I've seen.

Edit: I have to say however, that his name is really all over the place if you consider all listings. The problem is he didn't really log a lot of ice time with Frolunda, so it's hard to see a consensus.

Last edited by vokiel: 06-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Unless Toronto offers their 1st this year and their 1st next year, no.

I dont want Galchenyuk in our own division. But, being able to potentially grab MacKinnon or Shinkaruk and Drouin next year, would be pretty tantalizing.
So I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread, but I would be intrigued to know if Columbus would be willing to swap next seasons 1st rder to the Habs for the 3rd overall this season, thus giving Columbus the 2nd & 3rd picks overall this season.

It would give us a shot at McKinnon & if not, a very good shot at Drouin, who I would prefer over most available at the 3rd pick this year.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Uwey: 06-03-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Proof reading errors
Old
06-03-2012, 04:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
So I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread, but I would be intrigued to know if Columbus would be willing to swap next seasons 1st rder to the Habs for the 3rd overall this season, thus giving Columbus the 2nd & 3rd picks overall this season.

It would give us a shot at McKinnon & if not, a very good shot at Drouin, who I would prefer over most available at the 3rd pick this year.

Just a thought.
As shrewd of a move this would be, I dont think Bergevin can go and make such a move right now.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

The more I watch Forsberg the more I feel he could end up being best player in the draft.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
brunosevigny

I don't remember were i've seen it (probably TSN or RDS) but Trevor Timmins as given an interview about habs combine. He says the major part of it will be different exams and tests to evaluate the injury potential of a player. I was just wondering how much it will have an impact on their final rankings since they have been cursed with injuries in the last seasons. How do you think injury propensity will be a factor in their decisions?

Old
06-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Et le But

Ville Pokka wouldn't be a bad choice at all in the second round.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Ville Pokka wouldn't be a bad choice at all in the second round.
At 33 not so much, at 51 absolutely.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
I don't remember were i've seen it (probably TSN or RDS) but Trevor Timmins as given an interview about habs combine. He says the major part of it will be different exams and tests to evaluate the injury potential of a player. I was just wondering how much it will have an impact on their final rankings since they have been cursed with injuries in the last seasons. How do you think injury propensity will be a factor in their decisions?
Pretty high. No one wants an injury prone player at #3.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
SnapVirus

1. Andrey Markov Saskatoon (WHL)

Old
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
I really hate those ignorant posts.

Do you really believe it's that obvious on draft day? Do you really believe scouts thought Giroux would become that good? He was taken 22nd overall! In retrospect, Giroux should have been in the top 3 with Toews and Backstrom. So Timmins is bad because he's one of the 19 head scout who missed the boat with that pick?

If we had a really bad track record, I'd say you are right, but when a guy draft players like Price, Subban, McDonagh, Pacioretty and all the others and still say that you have no confidence in Timmins, you are just ignorant of the situation...or you just don't understand how the draft is working.

***and for your information, Kreider isn't a star or anything, and we don't know if he'll be better than Leblanc. Also, White was rated to go as high as the first round in 2006.

Old
06-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
Haha, there's a player called Andrey Markov
That's a mistake, it's Makarov.

Old
06-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We've got ourselves our new Rocco Praise the Lord Grimaldi.....Mr. Jarrod Maidens...

https://twitter.com/jarrod_maids/sta...05909242355712

Closed Thread