HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Really loving Galchenyuk's personality in all of these interviews, I'm sure he'd eventually get into trouble saying the "wrong" thing to the media one day.

I'm thinking Forsberg would instantly become the teen girls favourite player if we drafted him, no homo.

Have the posted the combine results anywhere?
He looks good. Best hairstyle, best suit. Looks like a smart kid. Would draft.

Damn Galchenyuk looked possessed on that machine.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:59 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Good showing for Hart, Khaira, DeBlouw and Matheson.

All guys who would be good picks for the Habs.

Old
06-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If the Habs do indeed pick Galchenyuk @ #3 how many times will we have to read here from Leaf fans that the Habs only took him because the Leafs were interested in him and Dudley shared the Leafs draft plans to Bergy..
Lol. Really? I am pretty sure whatever happens you will see comparison between the two. Only simpletons would fall for the talk of dudley gave away our position and talk.

06-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
If the Habs do indeed pick Galchenyuk @ #3 how many times will we have to read here from Leaf fans that the Habs only took him because the Leafs were interested in him and Dudley shared the Leafs draft plans to Bergy..
Hardly..

Anyone of Forsberg, Murray, Grigorenko and Galcheyuk can go from 2-5 depending on a team's preference.

Old
06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
He looks good. Best hairstyle, best suit. Looks like a smart kid. Would draft.

Damn Galchenyuk looked possessed on that machine.
Forseberg has class in him, sort of how Landy does. He'll one day wear a C on that jersey.

Old
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
golteez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Does he even lift?
You mirin' brah?

Old
06-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Gallys legs are ridiculous

Old
06-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by golteez View Post
You mirin' brah?
U wut m8?

Old
06-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golteez View Post
You mirin' brah?
Dude I'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks ****ing pathetic and disgusting compared to my body...

Old
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Good showing for Hart, Khaira, DeBlouw and Matheson.

All guys who would be good picks for the Habs.
Jake McCabe too.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
From clips i've seen, just me or does forsberg look like a pacioretty 2.0?

Old
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
From clips i've seen, just me or does forsberg look like a pacioretty 2.0?
It's just you.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:35 PM
S Bah

Great showing for Marcantuoni as well it would be nice to draft him with the Nash 2nd or the Habs 3rd round pick.He's recovered from his injuries just as Galchenyuk has and its no small wonder why he's such a fast skater and he's got the hands with the size 6'0 & 195 lbs.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Stéphane Leroux is somewhat close to Timmins...and the fact that he mentions that Teravainen is somebody the Habs like very much is kinda strange. Why bother mentioning that they like him a lot? He's not going to be taken at #3 is he? If not....could it be a chance that it means we'll trade down? And if so, since Teravainen is rising by the minute....to which spot can we drop down and still be sure nobody will steal him.
We could pick him third overall...why not? If Timmins thinks he's gonna be the best player out of the bunch, why shouldn't he pick him third? Because he's a bit of a reach at that position?

You will say trade down, but like you said, to which spot? Will the teams behind us be willing to move up? They'd have to give up a decent asset...I have to believe the Islanders will remain at their spot and pick the best D available while Toronto will go for Gally or Forsberg since we would be picking Terevainen.

In 2006, a GM picking Giroux in the top 10 would have been called retarded on draft day. Today, he's be called a genius. Or even in 2004 ; The Coyotes reached big time for Wheeler. When you think about it today, it was a pretty good pick.

So really, if Timmins like Terevainen, and I can see why he would, go for it, even if it's a bit of a reach. Last time we reached for someone, it was Carey Price. Turned out pretty good for us...

Old
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
As long as we get one of Gally, Grigs or Forsberg I'm happy. Or Yakupov but that won't happen I think.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:06 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Lol. Really? I am pretty sure whatever happens you will see comparison between the two. Only simpletons would fall for the talk of dudley gave away our position and talk.
I fully expect some on your board to bring it up since Galy is the player most talked about on the Leafs board it seems and the player most want there. Just wait and see..

Old
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

From today's Gazette:

By all accounts, the Canadiens were one of the busiest teams this week. With Trevor Timmins taking the lead, the Canadiens have reportedly conducted 65 interviews and are approaching the draft with the same attention to detail that guided the selection of GM Marc Bergevin and the continuing search for a head coach.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/healt...#ixzz1wgi8V81r

Old
06-02-2012, 08:14 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
I fully expect some on your board to bring it up since Galy is the player most talked about on the Leafs board it seems and the player most want there. Just wait and see..
Who cares what Leaf fans say? They're Leaf fans, what more can be said about thier judgment?!

Old
06-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Dagistitsyn

Teravainen seems to have zero personality. Interview up on TSN.. struggled at the combine.

I know I've said this a couple times now, but Yakupov has been reffered to as being a small player or slightly undersized at 5'10 or 5'11.. I have NO idea where Galchenyuk's 6'2 came from, he is no bigger than Yakupov. Another interview with them standing side by side on TSN.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxN View Post
It's just you.
I guess so. He looks like a more skilled(with more flair) pacioretty to me.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Teravainen seems to have zero personality. Interview up on TSN.. struggled at the combine.

I know I've said this a couple times now, but Yakupov has been reffered to as being a small player or slightly undersized at 5'10 or 5'11.. I have NO idea where Galchenyuk's 6'2 came from, he is no bigger than Yakupov. Another interview with them standing side by side on TSN.
He really has an interesting set of skills, but I agree with you that his interview was not on the level of Galchenyuk and Forsberg. Not that it really matters because he's clearly not that good in English and he may be shy...I don't know...Timmins will though so I'll leave it in his hands

Old
06-02-2012, 08:36 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
TERRIBLY out of shape?... lol alright then..
Grigo seems to have a beer belly and I have stronger biceps and triceps. He definitely doesn't look like a professional athlete that plays and works out on a regularly basis.

Other kids who were at the combine are much much more fit judging from the TSN video. I am not talking about body build up champion type of fit but maybe being out of shape aka obese is a sad reality of the North American culture.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
He really has an interesting set of skills, but I agree with you that his interview was not on the level of Galchenyuk and Forsberg. Not that it really matters because he's clearly not that good in English and he may be shy...I don't know...Timmins will though so I'll leave it in his hands
Quote:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Nice.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People judging 18 yrs old hockey players on their shape are out to lunch. They're still growing and hockey players in general can't bulk until their offseason. You have no time during the regular season to put on weight, no coach would allow you to mess up your muscle memory midseason.

It's been a month these players have ended their season, and they haven't had the time to put on weight nor gain strength.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Nice.
Hahaha I wasn't thinking of that when I wrote my post...but I must admit, my dream is to be knocked out by this character.

Closed Thread