HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2012, 12:56 PM
  #526
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
I think we should have a HF Devils board campout outside the Rock!
It has to happen. I don't want to hang in Newark alone at 2am

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
  #527
manisback121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
FYI - the Hilton in th gateway plaza had no problem with me printing my ticket at their terminal. They seem use to it. As soon as I said stubhub he pointed to the desk with the computer and printer.
Thats good for business especially since that chain helped you out with your situation, you'll return. It also probably helps that they may be getting a kickback from SH for the service.

manisback121 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 01:51 PM
  #528
DevilOnFire
Registered User
 
DevilOnFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NA, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
If there is game 7 looks like I'll be going by myself. I have a club seat, but the ticket prices are already way too high to try and sell my one and get a pair anywhere.

DevilOnFire is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM
  #529
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Thats good for business especially since that chain helped you out with your situation, you'll return. It also probably helps that they may be getting a kickback from SH for the service.
It scans off the phone if you have a smart phone and most people now days have smart phones. Just like the SH commercial of the guy buying tickets at the last min to go see a baseball game. lol

Edit: And if I remember right someone here tried that and it worked.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 02:26 PM
  #530
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
It scans off the phone if you have a smart phone and most people now days have smart phones. Just like the SH commercial of the guy buying tickets at the last min to go see a baseball game. lol

Edit: And if I remember right someone here tried that and it worked.
After I bought the ticket I went to the box office and asked if they could scan from a smartphone and neither rep there was sure if they could. I had time to kill so figured I'd see if I could print it somewhere just to make sure there was no snafu at the gate.

Luke3026 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 02:37 PM
  #531
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
After I bought the ticket I went to the box office and asked if they could scan from a smartphone and neither rep there was sure if they could. I had time to kill so figured I'd see if I could print it somewhere just to make sure there was no snafu at the gate.
Next time use the phone and have the paper ticket as a backup just to see.


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 06-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 02:59 PM
  #532
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Just wondering who was there for the DOG line bc it was really cool chilling with u guys, as exhausting as the whole thing was

Mory Schneideur* is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 03:55 PM
  #533
Queensdevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
It has to happen. I don't want to hang in Newark alone at 2am
I'm down.

Queensdevil is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:01 PM
  #534
DevilOnFire
Registered User
 
DevilOnFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NA, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Anyone know an approximation of how many tickets were held for the DOG line yesterday?

DevilOnFire is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:06 PM
  #535
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity, checked the SH prices for G6 in LA and boy those prices dropped off the cliff. G4 was like $1000+. As of now, you can get into G6 for under $500, with 2,600 tickets left. I don't know what to make of this. It's still a potential Cup-clincher. Pretty weird.


Luke3026 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  #536
Edr1971
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I bought my game 7 tickets when the prices were about 500 apiece on SH. Still, my ability to actually go depends on me being able to sell the second ticket at a profit.
Depending on seat location you probably won't double your investment but probably could get 750.
I have friends that have been selling singles all playoffs at a profit

Edr1971 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  #537
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilOnFire View Post
Anyone know an approximation of how many tickets were held for the DOG line yesterday?
I'm curious, too. I got to the Rock around 4:15 and it didn't seem like that many people were waiting in line. I had half a mind to get in line myself since I hadn't yet bought a ticket, but without knowing how many they hold, I just kept walking.

Luke3026 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  #538
ThreeCups
Registered User
 
ThreeCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Out of curiosity, checked the SH prices for G6 in LA and boy those prices dropped off the cliff. G4 was like $1000+. As of now, you can get into G6 for under $500, with 2,600 tickets left. I don't know what to make of this. It's still a potential Cup-clincher. Pretty weird.

All the morons that shelled out for Game 4 (TO SEE A SWEEP!) are too broke to spend that kinda cash AGAIN!

ThreeCups is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:15 PM
  #539
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Out of curiosity, checked the SH prices for G6 in LA and boy those prices dropped off the cliff. G4 was like $1000+. As of now, you can get into G6 for under $500, with 2,600 tickets left. I don't know what to make of this. It's still a potential Cup-clincher. Pretty weird.

This is a lot more interesting than the stuff we usually argue about here

Yeah, it's still a potential Cup clincher, their last home game of the year and they can't lose the series tomorrow night. The only thing I can come up with (besides the obvious, fan psychology 101) is they knew Game 4 was going to be played in advance and once they won the two OT games on the road, demand spiked for Game 4 even in advance of Game 3. In contrast, there was no demand for Game 6 when it was iffy, but now that it is confirmed everyone's scrambling to sell tickets with less than two days to move inventory.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  #540
Devils86
Registered User
 
Devils86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
Just wondering who was there for the DOG line bc it was really cool chilling with u guys, as exhausting as the whole thing was
Johnny,,,Where was the seat? was it $119??...Did ya get a towel. I'm thinking about taking Wed off and coming down after I drop my daughter at school. Would be about 9 AM before I could get there,,,Wondering how many tickets they distributed. Thing is outside of our little community I'm not sure how many people know these tickets actually exists.

Devils86 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
  #541
The Great Dame
Blame Pete
 
The Great Dame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 316
IF there is a game 7 what time will everybody be lining up outside the Rock? What prices do the tickets go for the day-of line.

The Great Dame is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  #542
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,651
vCash: 500
Outside of the box office..$119

With the increased exposure that this thing seems to be getting, I might get there Tuesday night to make sure I get tix haha

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
  #543
Edr1971
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
This is a lot more interesting than the stuff we usually argue about here

Yeah, it's still a potential Cup clincher, their last home game of the year and they can't lose the series tomorrow night. The only thing I can come up with (besides the obvious, fan psychology 101) is they knew Game 4 was going to be played in advance and once they won the two OT games on the road, demand spiked for Game 4 even in advance of Game 3. In contrast, there was no demand for Game 6 when it was iffy, but now that it is confirmed everyone's scrambling to sell tickets with less than two days to move inventory.
I think you will see prices spike at about 12 local time on Monday as corporations will determine that they wish to take clients ect.... And buy up the downstairs seats. There three hundred level is higher then are 200 level by far as their lowers are bigger and they have three large suite levels

Edr1971 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
  #544
leftwing
Registered User
 
leftwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
All in. Made the call to dump my tix in LA for tomorrow night because the series will resume on Wed here.

Also, not to provide false hope, but there are tickets that pop up late game day. If you aren't doing anything otherwise it may be worth heading down to Newark and checking in at the box office. Buddy of mine needed an extra ticket for last night, decided to just wing it and shows up there. Got Sec12 for $187 right before the game. Sat next to the players' wives/girlfriends. Some player must have had some tickets held that got released very late. Or maybe it was Ricky Bobby's dad. Who knows.

Let's go Devils!

leftwing is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
  #545
Czech Trio
from jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
All in. Made the call to dump my tix in LA for tomorrow night because the series will resume on Wed here.

Also, not to provide false hope, but there are tickets that pop up late game day. If you aren't doing anything otherwise it may be worth heading down to Newark and checking in at the box office. Buddy of mine needed an extra ticket for last night, decided to just wing it and shows up there. Got Sec12 for $187 right before the game. Sat next to the players' wives/girlfriends. Some player must have had some tickets held that got released very late. Or maybe it was Ricky Bobby's dad. Who knows.

Let's go Devils!
i was in section 12 and there were like 4 or 5 people with nice kovalchuk jerseys that may of been russian.

Czech Trio is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  #546
Status Quo
**** Kovy
 
Status Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
It has to happen. I don't want to hang in Newark alone at 2am
If and when we win tomorrow night, PM and we'll make things happen! (no 'mo)

Status Quo is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
  #547
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
One of the reasons I didn't go last night was so I could more money towards a ticket if there is a game 7, but now looking at the prices on stubhub I'm starting to get nervous.

I saw them win the cup live in '95 and '03 and would have seen it in '00 if they had scored it in game 5. Its going to suck if I have to watch it on TV this time around. Depressing.

Cheapest ticket is $700, it's got to go down, right?

__________________
1995, 2000, 2003..........
Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:58 PM
  #548
Status Quo
**** Kovy
 
Status Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
One of the reasons I didn't go last night was so I could more money towards a ticket if there is a game 7, but now looking at the prices on stubhub I'm starting to get nervous.

I saw them win the cup live in '95 and '03 and would have seen it in '00 if they had scored it in game 5. Its going to suck if I have to watch it on TV this time around. Depressing.

Cheapest ticket is $700, it's got to go down, right?
At this point, who knows. I can't see it going down that much at all.

Status Quo is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
  #549
Welcome2Hell
Registered User
 
Welcome2Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NutleyNJ
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
I'm definatly down to wait if you guys are doing this doesn't matter how early

Welcome2Hell is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 06:14 PM
  #550
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 19,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
At this point, who knows. I can't see it going down that much at all.
I think it has to go down at least a couple hundred bucks, but that still might be too rich for my blood.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.