HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
sbell44

vCash: 500
Hoping someone could help me out with some info. If the Devils do force a game 7 will there be day of game tickets available? I'm looking to come down from Toronto and try to get a ticket. How many are usually available and what time would I have to be in line to get a bracelet. I'm looking to fly in and my flight would land in Newark at approximately 7:45 am. Do you think that would be to late?

In 2003 I was able to buy a pair of game 7 tix to the scf game off ebay for $600. I would love to have the chance to see them again this year. I've been a Devils fan for 25 years and would love the opportunity to see them this year. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.
LGD.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

7:45 am would be way too late. I'm considering 2-3am and even that might be pushing it.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
7:45 am would be way too late. I'm considering 2-3am and even that might be pushing it.
No chance that 2am is too late. For game 5, 2 PM was not too late. I doubt that it'll be an all night camp out. 6am the latest should be fine.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:00 PM
JackedDevilsFan*
Sign Suter&Garrison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
No chance that 2am is too late. For game 5, 2 PM was not too late. I doubt that it'll be an all night camp out. 6am the latest should be fine.
Maybe you guys who are going to get in line for the inexpensive seats if it goes 7 should contact the Devils box office on tuesday morning and let them know what time you will be there. Who knows maybe they would give you guys the wristbands at like 5 in the morning by having one of the team employees show up so you guys can get some rest before the big game that night.

It can't hurt to ask. but let's win game 6 boys!!! I can not even sleep as all I am dreaming about is the Stanley Cup my heart is beating at an accelerated rate and I am in pretty good shape.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Really? I've never done the line before but I figured it would be nasty for a game 7 SCF

Old
06-10-2012, 11:12 PM
njdevils309

Quote:
Really? I've never done the line before but I figured it would be nasty for a game 7 SCF
nah, i dont think it will be. a lot of ppl actually dont even know about the line, i think. some kids who were behind me in line on saturday, had only just found out about the line a few days before. its not very well known. i really think as long as you get to the line by like 7-8, you'd be fine. considering on saturday, some ppl who came on right before the tix were handed out at 5 were able to get it, i dont think that many more ppl are gonna show up that much earlier.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:20 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

There are some crazy comments going on here. #becauseitsthecup

Old
06-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
People came at like 4 & 5 pm and still got tickets.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Anything before dawn might be scary in Newark

Old
06-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Johnny,,,Where was the seat? was it $119??...Did ya get a towel. I'm thinking about taking Wed off and coming down after I drop my daughter at school. Would be about 9 AM before I could get there,,,Wondering how many tickets they distributed. Thing is outside of our little community I'm not sure how many people know these tickets actually exists.
Seats were up in 208. Not sure how many tickets they had, but looks like everyone on line got in. People that came as late as 3-4pm got tickets. A group from Canada was looking for scalpers willing to pay like $300+ per were ecstatic when they found out why we were tailgating. Atmosphere was great, but can get very tiresome & boring after a while.

I got a towel! Went in super early. Got a mustache painted on my face at the fanfest with Basement Cat & went straight to warmups. Had a blast in warmups and exchanged chuckles with Henrique, Zidlicky, Clarkson and many others when they noticed my stache! Henrique was great because him and me did the funny "hey" pointing fingers thing and laughing at each other. I hope someone got photos bc I was to the left when facing the net during warmups.

Had a blast, met great people & memories will last a lifetime! Only part that was a downer is I only slept 1 hour the night before, so when it was time to drive home I literally couldn't stay awake and had a major headache + fever. I had to have someone take over and drive home, I was just too exasusted.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils309 View Post
hey basement cat, i was the one first in line on saturday, my cousin had the ipad with the soccer matches on. it was nice meeting you. keep me updated on when you would go for those tix wednesday. i got there at 540 the other day, and even by like 12 there was only like 10 of us on the line. considering that, i was thinking around the same time would be good again, but if you plan on goin earlier, id go earlier as well, make sure to get tix and all.
Hey man! You guys were great! The iPad was the best idea ever! We should try to bring a mini grill for the next one! I was the guy with the Brodeur tee with the finals patch.

I hope we have the same group next time, really made it a memorable day!

Remember the bathroom nazi?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Hell yeah to the grill! That would rule!

Old
06-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
Hell yeah to the grill! That would rule!
I saw people grilling next to their cars on Mulberry St, directly on the sidewalk in front of the Rock, nobody bothered them.

Looked like small electric/gas grills. I think coal & smoke may be a no-no

We can plan this like one bings a grill, rest bring meats and buns and stuff.

Old
06-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Like the poster above said, not many people know about this line so hopefully it stays that way for another day because I really don't want to head into Newark at 2am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
Hey man! You guys were great! The iPad was the best idea ever! We should try to bring a mini grill for the next one! I was the guy with the Brodeur tee with the finals patch.

I hope we have the same group next time, really made it a memorable day!

Remember the bathroom nazi?
How did I forget about him? That was hilarious.

Old
06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils

Yankees want to get rid of StubHub
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan..._ob_ny_ban_lnk

Old
06-11-2012, 09:01 AM
RockTheRock

I posted the other day about someone buying my Game 5 single at the upper end of the market.

The end of the story is that no one sat next to us for the game. I guess you guys were right in that someone wanted to get into the arena and watch the game elsewhere. No complaints here...I got my money and we had some extra space near us.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
mattpol

Well if you're in LA, get in the door price for tonight is now down to 140. Bizarre after how well prices held up for Games 3 and 4.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpol View Post
Well if you're in LA, get in the door price for tonight is now down to 140. Bizarre after how well prices held up for Games 3 and 4.
That $140 is just a parking pass. But lowest price is still only $456 with about 2000 seats left. Pretty strange. Did all the Kings fans blow their wads on game 4 and their flights and hotels for game 5? Should bode well if there's a game 7. I don't expect nearly as many kings fans in the building.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:25 AM
leftwing

From the article at 590 above:

Yankee Stadium attendance is down 3.6 percent so far this year -- greater than the 3 percent drop last season -- and the team is blaming StubHub for its gate woes.

“We believe there are serious issues with the StubHub relationship,” team president Randy Levine told The Post yesterday. “We are actively reviewing more fan-friendly alternatives for next year.”

The Yanks and other teams claim tickets are priced too low on StubHub.

Some people just never learn....the price is what we print on the ticket, dammit!! When will you stupid fans get it???!!!

Old
06-11-2012, 09:25 AM
RockTheRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
What isn't mentioned is that the Yanks are one of the only MLB teams that does not employee dynamic ticket pricing. They screw themselves by inflating the price of tickets for games where the demand isn't there. They charge the same for a Wednesday day game vs. the Royals as they do for a September game vs. the Red Sox. The Yankees are deluded and believe that the value of their ticket is based on the home team only.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
AsiantuntemusLoistaa

How does the day of the game line work? Will they give you a bracelet at like 9-10am so you can go home and then buy a ticket just before the game or will you have to wait to like 4-5pm and buy the ticket directly?

Old
06-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Tarkir66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheRock View Post
What isn't mentioned is that the Yanks are one of the only MLB teams that does not employee dynamic ticket pricing. They screw themselves by inflating the price of tickets for games where the demand isn't there. They charge the same for a Wednesday day game vs. the Royals as they do for a September game vs. the Red Sox. The Yankees are deluded and believe that the value of their ticket is based on the home team only.
The Yankees are also one of the only teams that sells certain games for a cheaper price to the general public than it does to season and plan ticket holders. They have several $5 games where all seats in the Upper Deck and Bleachers are $5 to the general public, but for any plan holder they charge the normal ticket price of Up to $55 for Upper Box and $20 for OF reserved.

I generally have never given the Mets ticketing department much credit, and I am sure they have only done it this year out of desperation, but they have guaranteed any plan holder that they will not sell tickets to the public for a lower cost than a plan holder pays for a comparable seat.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
sbresistor

funny, the Mets even sell tickets to past events!

http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/jsa...5554-281072840

Old
06-11-2012, 10:07 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
But lowest price is still only $456 with about 2000 seats left. Pretty strange. Did all the Kings fans blow their wads on game 4 and their flights and hotels for game 5?
Sadly, what I think it is is that the fad wave moved through like a hurricane and the Kings were "hot", and the fad seems to have died down, with or without a Stanley Cup Championship this year.

It's like 50% of that town has the mentality of the dog from Up. "SQUIRREL!!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
The Yanks and other teams claim tickets are priced too low on StubHub.

Some people just never learn....the price is what we print on the ticket, dammit!! When will you stupid fans get it???!!!
Pretty much. The Yankees have nobody to blame but themselves with those ridiculous ticket prices.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:25 AM
SETHROLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbresistor View Post
funny, the Mets even sell tickets to past events!

http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/jsa...5554-281072840
It's actually worth it since the stub is worth more than $50. The night of the no hitter I was witnessing stubs selling above $200! Sure the market has dropped but they're still worth something.

Closed Thread