HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
BourbonMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
I don't know. The Season Ticket Holders seats aren't even going to be real tickets, so I don't think they're going to rush out tickets for the Opener, for example. Also, I believe I was charged nothing for shipping, you know TM would have charged a fee for that if they were going to ship.
a email from the Devils yesterday afternoon indicated that for STH, the 1st 6 home games will be available for download with no fee and they expected it to be ready by the 16th.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
a email from the Devils yesterday afternoon indicated that for STH, the 1st 6 home games will be available for download with no fee and they expected it to be ready by the 16th.
Right, so the Season Ticket Holders have to print the first 6 games out, I doubt anyone who just bought extras to the opener are getting hard copies of the extras but have to print their regular tickets.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:01 PM
BourbonMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Right, so the Season Ticket Holders have to print the first 6 games out, I doubt anyone who just bought extras to the opener are getting hard copies of the extras but have to print their regular tickets.
I think so to. Would create a lot of confusion . Will Call would also be a zoo, so I dont think that will be the case either. The easiest thing to do is just go through an activate download for any tickets in your account so they can move to the next item on thier list of things to do

If they wanted to prevent resale, they would have put limits on some games. My guess is that they are not sure about the demand for tickets this year, so the more they can sell via any means, the better

Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I wasn't trying to offend you either. You're just a fan lookin to see his team play after this dreadful lockout. Doesn't mean I want to see flyers colors at the Rock.
In all honesty, I want you guys at my stadium. Without opposing fans, who am I going to insult and boo? Thats most of the fun of being a fan. Regardless of me getting tickets, you know there will be thousands of Orange and Black in the Rock, just like last years playoffs, even with you guys beating our *****.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

There weren't "thousands" at the playoffs last year. Try thousand, singular, tops

Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
In all honesty, I want you guys at my stadium. Without opposing fans, who am I going to insult and boo? Thats most of the fun of being a fan. Regardless of me getting tickets, you know there will be thousands of Orange and Black in the Rock, just like last years playoffs, even with you guys beating our *****.
Please... at least you guys are somewhat welcome in our arena. I've been in many opposing NHL and MLS stadiums... and in Philadelphia you're actually made to feel like any sudden movement will get you physically harmed. in the 07-08 season I was at a Devils/Flyers game with a girl... The Devils scored, we clapped and didn't even stand up... and she took a beer bottle to the back of the head. I was at another game the Flyers were winning 3-0. A father and young (like <10 years old) child got up to leave and started getting screamed at with every curse word in the book. We have a much friendlier atmosphere... probably because Devils security likes to kick out and ban Devils fans... but still. I wouldn't go to your arena again if you paid me. There's something to be said about following the laws of basic humanity.

I was also at the game a smoke bomb was thrown on the ice. There was no security patting anyone down walking into the building. Bad idea in any city. Smoke bomb gets thrown and an entire section of Flyer fans point at two Devils fans. They were humiliated, arrested, and given a real hard time by Philly PD and arena security. A few days later there was surveillance footage of two guys in Flyer jerseys and black/orange face paint throwing it. Oops right?

Old
01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Booing and insulting is the most fun part about being a fan? News to me.

And "thousands"...lol

Old
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:

And "thousands"...lol
Well when your team doesn't win you need to distract yourself somehow

Old
01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle

Quote:

And "thousands"...lol
Anyone else tired of this guy's smug remarks and backhanded compliments?
Same stuff last year.

No one in their right mind should sell this guy tickets.

And there not thousands of Philly fans at The Rock last playoffs, not even close.

I do remember a few here and there leaving with their heads down both games.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
I think so to. Would create a lot of confusion . Will Call would also be a zoo, so I dont think that will be the case either. The easiest thing to do is just go through an activate download for any tickets in your account so they can move to the next item on thier list of things to do

If they wanted to prevent resale, they would have put limits on some games. My guess is that they are not sure about the demand for tickets this year, so the more they can sell via any means, the better
Agreed ... in the past, they limited the opener and (at least) Rangers games to 4 (others may have been unlimited). I believe the ticket request counter went up to at least 40 this time

I think it's a combination of wanting to push out as many tix as possible and also (with the deep discounting) giving a decent perk/bonus to sths. For example, for those who wanted to try a different section (or perhaps a "premium" seat) for a decent game (i.e, weekend, popular opponent) 50% off face is a pretty good opportunity to do so. If you want to take some friends, you could that as well. In my case, I was able to pick up some extras for a couple of games in my section or one section over (within two rows).

Will likely hurt the secondary market some (as not everyone will use discount for friends ... in particular, you may see some extra Flyer and Ranger fans at those games) since you will now have a LOT more ticket holders with a "cost basis" way below face value. I wonder how many brokers who have sts bought up large chunks at below-season-ticket cost?

Old
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

hey flyers (and rangers) fans asking for discounted devils tickets, i will sell them to you! just reply to me in here what dates you want (my PM box is full)

haha dumbass. go buy tickets in your own building

Old
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Did we attend series' taking place in alternate realities?

Are Flyers fans still holding onto that nonsense after the absolute no-show Flyers fans had after that "marking our territory" bulldink?

Tamest visiting Philly crowd ever last Spring, and you can count that in hundreds.

The biggest victory besides the EC Championship last Spring was absolutely shutting out and silencing Flyers and Rangers fans. But I am sure that will be neatly tucked away in the never happened pile among those circles.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Did we attend series' taking place in alternate realities?

Are Flyers fans still holding onto that nonsense after the absolute no-show Flyers fans had after that "marking our territory" bulldink?

Tamest visiting Philly crowd ever last Spring, and you can count that in hundreds.

The biggest victory besides the EC Championship last Spring was absolutely shutting out and silencing Flyers and Rangers fans. But I am sure that will be neatly tucked away in the never happened pile among those circles.
Come on, it was a sea of orange brah, I could barely see nor hear any Devils fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pziCflNQPdM

Old
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

For such big cities and such big fan-bases, the level of exaggeration is staggering. A little modesty doesnt hurt, especially after the record low of orange and then blue in the stands in the games hosted by us, the little brother.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
For such big cities and such big fan-bases, the level of exaggeration is staggering. A little modesty doesnt hurt, especially after the record low of orange and then blue in the stands in the games hosted by us, the little brother.
I think they do it on purpose partially because we get so crazy and mad about it... including me.

Old
01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
they need something to hang their hat on, and they sure can't use success on the ice.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
mikev927
Rookie User

Tickets v Rangers 2/5

I have 1 ticket left. Sec 20, row 6. Just looking for a decent offer.

Old
01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

To furthermore put the "thousands" of Flyers fans to rest

Pic I took at game 3 after Patty tied it up....

Old
01-15-2013, 02:43 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Double post

Old
01-15-2013, 02:44 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
hey flyers (and rangers) fans asking for discounted devils tickets, i will sell them to you! just reply to me in here what dates you want (my PM box is full)

haha dumbass. go buy tickets in your own building

How much u asking and how many? If u really selling lol

Old
01-15-2013, 02:56 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
To furthermore put the "thousands" of Flyers fans to rest

Pic I took at game 3 after Patty tied it up....
but, but ,but they were all to the right!

Old
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
So the Winnipeg game on 2/24 is listed as a 'special' game on the calendar yet when I tried to pull it up I got classic prices

Displaying the prices for every game it's apparent the Ottawa game on 2/18 is listed as a green (anniversary) game while the 2/24 Winnipeg game is actually a classic game even though the calendar they sent us had it reversed. It does make more sense to have the Monday Ottawa game as a special game while the weekend game is classic.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 01-15-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

St Patty's game this year?

Old
01-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Devils Dominion
7% chance miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
St Patty's game this year?
I will guesstimate March 16 vs MTL

Old
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
It kinda sucks if it is the Montreal game though, since they usually have a pretty good invasion whenever we play them on a weekend.

Closed Thread