HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins Sign Forward Dominik Uher

Old
06-02-2012, 05:57 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
If I remember right he does have good set of hands for what is projected to be a bottom line guy. I remember him making a real nice move or two in the WJC which is the only time I saw him.

2011 has a chance of being one of those drafts. Morrow, Harrington, Uher & even Archibald & Wilson have been impressive. We didn't even have a 3rd or 4th round pick.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Jimmypop316

3rd/4th liner i'd say.

Great energy, great in the locker room and will stand up for fellow players. Not your typical euro player that's for sure. He's great down in the corners and really hard to get the puck off of when hes down mucking in the corners, very strong. Definitely would like to see him shoot more because he has quite the shot.

Jimmypop316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmypop316 View Post
3rd/4th liner i'd say.

Great energy, great in the locker room and will stand up for fellow players. Not your typical euro player that's for sure. He's great down in the corners and really hard to get the puck off of when hes down mucking in the corners, very strong. Definitely would like to see him shoot more because he has quite the shot.
Totally. I remember reading an interview and he said something along the lines of "I like being hit and hitting people".

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:28 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
If I remember right he does have good set of hands for what is projected to be a bottom line guy. I remember him making a real nice move or two in the WJC which is the only time I saw him.

2011 has a chance of being one of those drafts. Morrow, Harrington, Uher & even Archibald & Wilson have been impressive. We didn't even have a 3rd or 4th round pick.
my favourite Uher moment of the WJC was during the second period of CZE-USA game, time 21:15 - http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip691172#clip593276. When he slams into 2 Americans and is the only one who stays on his feet. He was actually very tough in that tournament.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
mgd525

gotta love the new talent comming into our ahl system.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I feel like he could be Vitale 2.0 eventually.
Seeing him live, most of you if not all of you, are vastly underrating this kid. He brings more to the table than some projected 4th line energy role.

Wait and see.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post

He impressed a lot of the scouting staff in camp too.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Baby Pens should be fun to follow next year. Good for the future

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:33 AM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Baby Pens should be fun to follow next year. Good for the future
Yea they should be getting Bennet, rust, uher, kuhn, maybe morrow and possibly despres again depedning on if we keep martin. Anyone know if harrington is eligible for the AHL yet? Wouldnt shock me to see him make that step to pro hockey.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Yea they should be getting Bennet, rust, uher, kuhn, maybe morrow and possibly despres again depedning on if we keep martin. Anyone know if harrington is eligible for the AHL yet? Wouldnt shock me to see him make that step to pro hockey.
Yes but he needs to sign his contract 1st

Old
06-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Totally. I remember reading an interview and he said something along the lines of "I like being hit and hitting people".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Seeing him live, most of you if not all of you, are vastly underrating this kid. He brings more to the table than some projected 4th line energy role.

Wait and see.
Hope you're right. Sounds like he does play more physical / is stronger on his skates than a typical player of his size, which would be good if he's got some offensive instincts and hands to go with it.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:56 AM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Yes but he needs to sign his contract 1st
hes only 19, pretty sure he'll be in juniors one more year

and Harrington already has signed an ELC

khaoskennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post
hes only 19, pretty sure he'll be in juniors one more year

and Harrington already has signed an ELC
If he signed his deal, isn't it NHL or AHL?

Old
06-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
If he signed his deal, isn't it NHL or AHL?
Standard Shero setup for better prospects: 3 year, 2-way ELC. Starts the first time he laces up for WBS or the Penguins AFAIK. That'll presumably be this year in WBS.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=585291

Old
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Standard Shero setup for better prospects: 3 year, 2-way ELC. Starts the first time he laces up for WBS or the Penguins AFAIK. That'll presumably be this year in WBS.

thanks for that clarification so basically it's up to him to decide what he wants to do. With the solid season he had and the Memorial Cup appearance and solid performance is there anything left for him to learn in the OHL?

Old
06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

3 years, 2 way is a standard ELC for his age not a Shero standard.

I thought he had to play another year in junior?

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:25 AM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post

I thought he had to play another year in junior?
ya pretty sure you need to be 20 coming from juniors to play in the AHL.
Morrow turns 20 this year so he's AHL eligible but Harrington doesnt turn 20 til next year.

khaoskennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Ah. Not paying attention to other teams' prospect signings I overlooked that. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post
ya pretty sure you need to be 20 coming from juniors to play in the AHL.
Morrow turns 20 this year so he's AHL eligible but Harrington doesnt turn 20 til next year.
Another year in London it is. I thought Morrow and Harrington were only a few months apart / figured they'd both make the jump to the AHL about the same time. Who knows, if he's dominant enough this year in the OHL he might make the jump next year to the big team if he is needed. Doubting it with Morrow and Despres both likely to be full-timers starting in 2013-2014 (if not this upcoming season for Despres), but who knows what havok the CBA will bring.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
regard

Its been discussed a few times in the Prospects thread, I ran a quick search and I believe the answers no, since hes a 93 birthday. Or like you said he wont turn 20 until March. I know theres other factors(where you were playing when drafted) but I dont think he fits any of them. Someone who knows the rules exactly can probably define this......again.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
wej20

Quote:
Its been discussed a few times in the Prospects thread, I ran a quick search and I believe the answers no, since hes a 93 birthday. Or like you said he wont turn 20 until March. I know theres other factors(where you were playing when drafted) but I dont think he fits any of them. Someone who knows the rules exactly can probably define this......again.
Sidney the Kidney explained the rule to me in one of the prospect threads so I'll do my best, If you're drafted out of the CHL then you become eligible to play in the AHL when either you complete 4 full seasons or if you turn 20 before January of the current season. Morrow qualifies on both counts and Uher qualifies as he'll turn 20 on December 31st. Harrington is born March 93 so he wont turn 20 before the cut off point and has only played 3 seasons so he's not eligible that way either. I think it's the same reason why Harrington can play in the World Juniors again but Uher and Morrow will be too old.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Sidney the Kidney explained the rule to me in one of the prospect threads so I'll do my best, If you're drafted out of the CHL then you become eligible to play in the AHL when either you complete 4 full seasons or if you turn 20 before January of the current season. Morrow qualifies on both counts and Uher qualifies as he'll turn 20 on December 31st. Harrington is born March 93 so he wont turn 20 before the cut off point and has only played 3 seasons so he's not eligible that way either. I think it's the same reason why Harrington can play in the World Juniors again but Uher and Morrow will be too old.
That sounds like what I've read and heard. If a player was drafted while playing for another league before entering the CHL then the rule doesnt apply to him.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying that. So it's NHL or CHL for Harrington. I guess he is going back to London. Thanks Wej20

Old
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:

Good explanation Wej! Just like shooting womp-rats in an evaporator... or something.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
regard

"....my T-16 back home." Come on Chancellor.
Also that was Luke during the Death Star run not Wedge Antilles on Hoth.
Although I can understand you having an affinity for Wedge, as the only survivor of both Death Star runs he certainly represents Victory.

/geekout

Old
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
"....my T-16 back home." Come on Chancellor.
Also that was Luke during the Death Star run not Wedge Antilles on Hoth.
Although I can understand you having an affinity for Wedge, as the only survivor of both Death Star runs he certainly represents Victory.

/geekout

I feel shame. But at least I know the glory of Wej Antilles and ELCs.