Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
BruinsPortugal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins2011 View Post
put TT on waivers..that is an option.
sorry TT but you are not bigger than the game.
I couldnt care less where they will put him, but get rid of that cap hit for gods sake.
I was hoping for some kind of return but im glad he wont be back, always wanted rask&doby tandem and the additional 5M.

Thanks for everything and good riddance.

Old
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
You can say the same about Kelly or Ryder or Horton or whoever.
The Bruins won the cup, not TT by himself.
The Rangers just prooved that an awesome goalie is not enough.
Yes, he bailed us out from time to time ... but that's his job. That's what he gets paid for.

I forgot our team is perfect and we don't need to use those 5M for some other decent players ...
aaaaaaaaaaaand you just proved that you didn't watch a single minute of the playoffs last year.

Old
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Do you have a wife and kids?
Do you have elderly parents both battling cancer?

Your employer is going to transfer you. Do you not use everything you can to take of your family first in this situatin?
Or do you say, geez I owe these guys and their business even though they don't want me around anymore. Let me put wife, kids, and sick parents as lower priority?

Its a ****ing game folks!

Life and lives are real.
I have a wife and kids, and my parents didn't have cancer, but I did, so I have some experience in that area.

If my company gave me a contract that was front-loaded, but said that in the last year of that deal, they could transfer me to a different office. I would have to make a decision, take less money and control my own fate or take more money, give up control in the last year and deal with the consequences of my decision.

Once you make that decision you man up and don't try to weasel out of it after taking the money to begin with.

That's real life and if you or I agreed to a deal like that, we would be forced to honor it, unlike a lot of athletes today.

Ps I was under the impression that Thomas' parents were doing well?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

So what's the deal? Is he officially taking the year off?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:12 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
I couldnt care less where they will put him, but get rid of that cap hit for gods sake.
I was hoping for some kind of return but im glad he wont be back, always wanted rask&doby tandem and the additional 5M.

Yep. Good riddance to a guy who puts family over his job. Good riddance to the guy who was INSTRUMENTAL in our Cup run.

He certainly doesn't deserve respect from anyone.

The **** is wrong with you people?!

Old
06-01-2012, 10:13 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Again, I'm not shocked, I'm disappointed.

Before the Thomas thing, I liked him and his work and enjoyed interacting with him here. While I didn't agree with a lot of what he wrote and how he went about questioning and writing about Thomas, he was doing his job, whether I agreed with his approach or not. I found the act tired and annoying after a while, Now I find it tired, annoying, childish, unprofessional, and unacceptable.
Haggs was an incredibly likeable man's man up until the Thomas thing....I don't know what happened with him...His Simonettifan or whatever sign on was entertaining and readable...Haggs has a great knowledge of the game....but it seems like he got this huge ego and is addicted to Twitter followers or something.....Like he turned crazy or somehting.

Old
UConn126
Bass Player.

So hold on, will someone clarify this for me so I don't have to sift through the thread(s).

Is Thomas 100% not playing next year? And if so, what source confirmed this?

Old
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Doesnt matter...he will play next year, just not with us.

I *hope* Tuuka is ready for the task. I like him a lot, just not completely sold that he can do it yet.
I hope the kid is ready too. I can't remember how many promising next ones I've seen come and go.
The thought of missing on this scares me. I won't make another 40 years between Cups.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
stick9

We shall see. If he takes the year off and spends with his family, all is forgotten. If he plays, get ready for the storm because the media will burry him and rightfully so.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaand you just proved that you didn't watch a single minute of the playoffs last year.
the revisionist history here is terrible, no?

Old
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
You can say the same about Kelly or Ryder or Horton or whoever.
The Bruins won the cup, not TT by himself.
The Rangers just prooved that an awesome goalie is not enough.
Yes, he bailed us out from time to time ... but that's his job. That's what he gets paid for.
Tim Thomas was their MVP and it wasn't even close. Not. Even. Close. Other guys made big contributions, without everyone pulling in the same direction nobody can win, but they beat Vancouver without Horton. They survived for a little while without Bergeron, without Chara and with him at about 50% for a stretch.

Tim Thomas had one of the best postseasons in recent history, and thats exactly how good he needed to be for them to have any chance at all. Thin D and no star forwards, the goaltending made all the difference.

Old
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Again, I'm not shocked, I'm disappointed.

Before the Thomas thing, I liked him and his work and enjoyed interacting with him here. While I didn't agree with a lot of what he wrote and how he went about questioning and writing about Thomas, he was doing his job, whether I agreed with his approach or not. I found the act tired and annoying after a while, Now I find it tired, annoying, childish, unprofessional, and unacceptable.
I am shocked that he isnt here to answer for it. I guess when he feels its convenient he will come here to answer the bell.

Love him or hate him Dupes would always come to give his side when he was dropping a bomb and took a thrashing from all comers.

Perhaps he is busy high fiving with Murph and telling each other how awesome of reporters they are.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

You do realize the Bruins can't just stash him somewhere, right? They need to find a willing trade partner if they want to get rid of that cap hit?

And you've always wanted an unproven NHL goaltender backing up Rask, breaking up the best goalie tandem this team has potentially ever seen?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
We shall see. If he takes the year off and spends with his family, all is forgotten. If he plays, get ready for the storm because the media will burry him and rightfully so.
He won't be the first guy that wanted to control where he played...I said that from the get go, that he's done enough to have a say in it. Sounds like that's been the Bruins plan anyways ever since that Khudobin 1 way contract for 2012.... If Thomas indeed plays for someone else, and the Bruins get a decent return, then everyone wins, no hard feelings.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
the revisionist history here is terrible, no?
It's causing me to tear my hair out...

Old
06-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
I am shocked that he isnt here to answer for it. I guess when he feels its convenient he will come here to answer the bell.

Love him or hate him Dupes would always come to give his side when he was dropping a bomb and took a thrashing from all comers.

Perhaps he is busy high fiving with Murph and telling each other how awesome of reporters they are.
Only to let us all know that we can view his response on the latest episode of the Great American Hockey Show.

Old
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Yep. Good riddance to a guy who puts family over his job. Good riddance to the guy who was INSTRUMENTAL in our Cup run.

He certainly doesn't deserve respect from anyone.

The **** is wrong with you people?!
i just thanked him for everything and you say he doesnt get respect from anyone..LOl wtf?

And what do i have to do with his family? He certainly doenst care about mine. HE wants to be with his family? great for him, go, i have nothing against it but dont screw with the team i root for. Yes, im a bruins fan not a tt fan.

Old
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I have a wife and kids, and my parents didn't have cancer, but I did, so I have some experience in that area.

If my company gave me a contract that was front-loaded, but said that in the last year of that deal, they could transfer me to a different office. I would have to make a decision, take less money and control my own fate or take more money, give up control in the last year and deal with the consequences of my decision.

Once you make that decision you man up and don't try to weasel out of it after taking the money to begin with.

That's real life and if you or I agreed to a deal like that, we would be forced to honor it, unlike a lot of athletes today.

Ps I was under the impression that Thomas' parents were doing well?

You and I will just have to agree to disagree then. As far as I'm concerned a man does everything he can in life to fortify his family and put their quality of life above all else. To me that's manning up.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
So hold on, will someone clarify this for me so I don't have to sift through the thread(s).

It's not 100% confirmed. But it's looking like that.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i just thanked him for everything and you say he doesnt get respect from anyone..LOl wtf?

And what do i have to do with his family? He certainly doenst care about mine. HE wants to be with his family? great for him, go, i have nothing against it but dont screw with the team i root for. Yes, im a bruins fan not a tt fan.
"thank you for everything and good riddance"

Not exactly the mark of high respect/praise.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:

Maybe it's just me but ending your post with "good riddance" makes your hollow "thank you"'s ring even more hollow.

As for the rest? You just sound selfish. Sorry.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
bruinmann77

what is tough is the big cap hit

Old
06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Thank god this Tim Thomas saga will be over soon. Time for him and this team to part ways. No one can ever take away the memories he gave us last year. But this team has to focus on the future. I wish all the best to him and his family. Looks like its Tuukka Time again.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
"thank you for everything and good riddance"

Not exactly the mark of high respect/praise.
It wasnt depreciative, if it came out that way it wasnt my intention.
As a player I always iked him and always will, as a person? I dont know him.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post

No. He is considering not playing next year. The Bruins are proceeding on the assumption that he will not be playing.

I do wish people would use logic. If he is leaving $3 million on the table, and Chiarelli asked his agent if an extension would change his mind, and the answer was no, I don't see where anyone can get the idea that Thomas is "sticking it" to the Bruins or whatever.

Closed Thread