Old
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
No. He is considering not playing next year. The Bruins are proceeding on the assumption that he will not be playing.

I do wish people would use logic. If he is leaving $3 million on the table, and Chiarelli asked his agent if an extension would change his mind, and the answer was no, I don't see where anyone can get the idea that Thomas is "sticking it" to the Bruins or whatever.

No. Sticking it to the Bruins would be Tuukka's agent (who is also Thomas' agent) saying price just went up. Tuukka wants 24 million for 4 years or we will not report.

Tuukka has the hammer now folks.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
No. Sticking it to the Bruins would be Tuukka's agent (who is also Thomas' agent) saying price just went up. Tuukka wants 24 million for 4 years or we will not report.

well this is turning out to be a great summer

Khudobin it is

Old
06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:
No. He is considering not playing next year. The Bruins are proceeding on the assumption that he will not be playing.

I do wish people would use logic. If he is leaving $3 million on the table, and Chiarelli asked his agent if an extension would change his mind, and the answer was no, I don't see where anyone can get the idea that Thomas is "sticking it" to the Bruins or whatever.
You make a great point. There's clearly more to this story than we will ever know, and quite frankly, I don't know if I want to know it.

I trust that Chiarelli will make the necessary moves to ice a competitive team next season.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Yeah, I don't see that. Tuukka's an RFA, not a UFA, and he's said repeatedly he wants to stay in Boston. The starter's job is apparently all his. He has no reason to shoot his way out of town a la Kessel.

Old
MioneRask134

Quote:

Lemme see the reciepts. Where is the agent saying that?

Old
Mainehockey33

Quote:

If that's true I really hope Chia considers trading Tuukka, there is no way he deserves that kind of money.

Old
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:

Ahhh. Logic. What is that?

Like you said. Leaving 3 mil on the table and saying that an extension won't change his mind means that there's a whole lot of truth to the family issues. Not his fault Chiarelli offered him a contract that extended into the 35+ category. If the contract didn't work that way how many of you wouldn't be upset right now? I guarantee that people would be sympathizing with Thomas' situation had that 5 mil been taken off the books.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Thank god this Tim Thomas saga will be over soon. Time for him and this team to part ways. No one can ever take away the memories he gave us last year. But this team has to focus on the future. I wish all the best to him and his family. Looks like its Tuukka Time again.
Two Vezinas, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and still some of you (not you in particular) couldn't wait for that ride to be over because he wasn't your guy.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:

I would let him walk. I think Khudobin will turn out to be a better goalie.

Old
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:

Proof?

Old
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Rask is #1 for the next 10+ years if Thomas takes the year off.

There'll be no seeing him again in Boston. It's too bad. I don't know what his cause for leaving is, so I won't say much, but it really is too bad.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 06-01-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
If that's true I really hope Chia considers trading Tuukka, there is no way he deserves that kind of money.
Aaaaand... this is how rumors get started.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Nothing is out of he realm of possibility. It's a business pure and simple.

Never ever buy into the 'this is where I wanted to be' or ' he was our guy all along, couldn't believe we got him' crap. What he hell else are they going to say.

Now I don't know what's going to happen. Nobody does. But make no mistake this agent works for both tenders, his job is to take care of them. And Tuukka right now today most certainely has the hammer. That is fact.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Jesus Christ people.

Wally isnt saying those are Tuukka's demands, he's offering it as an example of "sticking it" to the Bruins.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Two Vezinas, Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and still some of you couldn't wait for that ride to be over because he wasn't your guy. Sickening.
Should the whole world stop and wonder what the goalie god decision is going to be ? The writing is on the wall Dafoomie ! Thomas is not the President of this freaking hockey club ! I never said he wasn't my guy. Great goalie for sure.

Last edited by Lordstanley: 06-01-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:

Never ever buy into the 'this is where I wanted to be' or ' he was our guy all along, couldn't believe we got him' crap. What he hell else are they going to say.

Now I don't know what's going to happen. Nobody does. But make no mistake this agent works for both tenders, his job is to take care of them. And Tuukka right now today most certainely has the hammer. That is fact.
Unless Chiarelli already has a deal done but wanted to wait for the Cap floor/ceiling to be released so he can drop the Thomas story on the owners and then announce Rask's signing Sunday.

Old
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Nowb I don't know what's going to happen. Nobody does. But make no mistake this agent works for both tenders, his job is to take care of them. And Tuukka right now today most assuradelyhas the hammer. That is fact.
The only "hammer" an RFA has is a demand to be traded. But as Jim Bouton put it, it's not a demand, it's a plea. Unless someone uses that most beloved implement of HF board posters, the offer sheet.

The Bruins want Rask, he wants them, they'll get a deal done sooner or later. He's not stupid - he knows there's a salary cap, and that his teammates need to get paid too.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
You make a great point. There's clearly more to this story than we will ever know, and quite frankly, I don't know if I want to know it.

I trust that Chiarelli will make the necessary moves to ice a competitive team next season.
Go back in time....torn hip labrum, Timmy battling through it....Boston trying to deal him, parents going through a real tough time. Think he forgot?

Unfortunate that we have seen the last of the greatest Bruin goalie I have known. Loved rooting for him, loved watching him prove everyone wrong. In fact he will be a top tier goalie for the next 3 seasons and a part of me will also enjoy that.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Jesus Christ people.

Wally isnt saying those are Tuukka's demands, he's offering it as an example of "sticking it" to the Bruins.
Thanks Kate. You get a gold star for paying attention in class.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Enjoy your year off if you have to, Tim. *Sighs* Makes it a pain in the ***. We'll just have to trade you for less when you get back. Thanks.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
Good god can some of you people read?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
The only "hammer" an RFA has is a demand to be traded. But as Jim Bouton put it, it's not a demand, it's a plea. Unless someone uses that most beloved implement of HF board posters, the offer sheet.

The Bruins want Rask, he wants them, they'll get a deal done sooner or later. He's not stupid - he knows there's a salary cap, and that his teammates need to get paid too.
You are romanticing business way too far.
The Bruins want Rask for a price they deem reasonable. Tuukka wants as much as he can get. Nobody gives a **** about making sure teammates get theirs too.

This isn't an indictment of any party. Just reality.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:49 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Should the whole world stop and wonder what the goalie god decision is going to be ? The writing is on the wall Dafoomie ! Thomas is not the President of this freaking hockey club !
You keep him and hope he plays at some point because its your best chance to win, not unlike Niedermayer and Selanne a couple years ago.

The cap hit sucks but I'm sure it would please Jeremy Jacobs to no end.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
You are romanticing business way too far.
The Bruins want Rask for a price they deem reasonable. Tuukka wants as much as he can get. Nobody gives a **** about making sure teammates get theirs too.

This isn't an indictment of any party. Just reality.
Again, let's use a little common sense.

Would Rask really make an outrageous salary demand from the Bruins because he has the "hammer" of restricted free agency?

I'm not saying he'll sign for a discount. Of course he wants a decent payday. But he knows the sky isn't the limit. If you want decent players in front of you, you're not going to be a greedy SOB when it comes to your contract.

And from what we've seen of Chiarelli, don't you think he's been pretty fair when it comes to player contracts?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

God, all the people that don't believe in Rask. Whatever. It doesn't matter. The Bruins Managment Loves...LOVES...him. He will get the next shot here. WILL. Sure, this might mean an overpayment, thanks Tim, but its nothing the Bruins would EVER wall away from...

They'll get it done. No prob.

Closed Thread