HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
  #1
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Toronto-Tampa Bay

To Tor:

Vinny Lecavalier

To TB:

Connolly/Lombardi
Komisarek
4th

Lots of cap coming both ways but Lombardi, Connolly and Komi all come off the books within this season or next while Vinny is signed for a long time. Just looking for a reclamation project similar to the Phaneuf deal.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
  #2
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
And why does Toronto do this? If Vinny can't put up numbers playing with MSL or Stamkos, why would Toronto want to acquire him?

Besides the fact that Tampa has no incentive to take either of those players and that the value is way way off...

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:37 PM
  #3
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,806
vCash: 500
Another example of Leafs fans proposing scraps for a star.

Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:38 PM
  #4
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
And why does Toronto do this? If Vinny can't put up numbers playing with MSL or Stamkos, why would Toronto want to acquire him?

Besides the fact that Tampa has no incentive to take either of those players and that the value is way way off...
Because it's absolute robbery for the Leafs...that's why. This is a horrible trade for Tampa. Just horrible.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  #5
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Because it's absolute robbery for the Leafs...that's why. This is a horrible trade for Tampa. Just horrible.
From a Leaf fan....you are correct sir.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  #6
bigfatfist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Not a fan of either team, but I'd rather have Vinny and the option to buy him out than guys like Connolly. At least VL provides a good player for the next few years!

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
  #7
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Half of LACK for LeCavalier. Somehow don't think Tampa considers this for long.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
  #8
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
We'll keep our captain.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:43 PM
  #9
newham89
Registered User
 
newham89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nottingham, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 500
No. Thank you.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
  #10
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Not a fan of either team, but I'd rather have Vinny and the option to buy him out than guys like Connolly. At least VL provides a good player for the next few years!
That's boarder line as well. He's not bad, but he's not the star PPG guy he was a few years ago. He's 32 and has had two injury shortened seasons. He's also more of a shot first center which isn't really what Toronto should be looking for for Kessel and Lupul.

So while yes he's an upgrade over everything they have, and are getting him for free in this God awful proposal, he's still not what they're looking for.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:54 PM
  #11
TorontoTrades
Registered User
 
TorontoTrades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
no thanks from leafs..

value we win easily but I have absolutely no interest in Vinny's 7.7 mill cap hit for 8 more years (I believe it's 8) when he's declining.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
  #12
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Not a chance. Easy no for Tampa.

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
  #13
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Old Dominion Univ.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
To Tor:

Vinny Lecavalier

To TB:

Connolly/Lombardi
Komisarek
4th

Lots of cap coming both ways but Lombardi, Connolly and Komi all come off the books within this season or next while Vinny is signed for a long time. Just looking for a reclamation project similar to the Phaneuf deal.
I saw Vinny and im like
and this is just horrible


Last edited by jameswrjobe53: 06-02-2012 at 02:34 PM.
jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
  #14
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Old Dominion Univ.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
We'll keep our captain.
Precisely (sp?)

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
  #15
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
That's boarder line as well. He's not bad, but he's not the star PPG guy he was a few years ago. He's 32 and has had two injury shortened seasons. He's also more of a shot first center which isn't really what Toronto should be looking for for Kessel and Lupul.

So while yes he's an upgrade over everything they have, and are getting him for free in this God awful proposal, he's still not what they're looking for.
The strict criteria for which Leaf fans have bestowed on their never ending search for a #1 center has become downright comical. Everyone that's proposed isn't fast enough, isn't young enough, is overpaid, is shoot first, etc.

Here's a newsflash...you're not getting the exact #1 center that you're hoping to get. Those guys are all taken by other teams, and because they're so rare and coveted, they're likely not going to be available.

This trade is so absurdly lopsided in the Leafs favor it's not even funny, not to mention the fact that fills a major whole in the lineup, and yet it's still viewed as bad for the Leafs. It's fascinating.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  #16
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
In retrospect the value may be off but it is hard because Vinnys value is a difficult one.

As for shoot-first, slow, old, young, small centers etc. I don't think we should be picky and take any no.1 C we can get. Staal would be my #1 choice of centers available but if Tampa was looking to move Vinny for cap reasons i'd be happy to take him.

What about:

To Toronto:

Lecavalier

To Tampa:

Franson
Lombardi
3rd or B level prospect

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
  #17
Johnny Bang Bang
Registered User
 
Johnny Bang Bang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
We'll keep our captain.
Awesome. I'm glad we could agree.

The Leafs don't want or need a 32 year old who is past him prime and is now only putting up 50-60 points with a $7.73 cap hit FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS!!!

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
  #18
mokspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
In retrospect the value may be off but it is hard because Vinnys value is a difficult one.

As for shoot-first, slow, old, young, small centers etc. I don't think we should be picky and take any no.1 C we can get. Staal would be my #1 choice of centers available but if Tampa was looking to move Vinny for cap reasons i'd be happy to take him.

What about:

To Toronto:

Lecavalier

To Tampa:

Franson
Lombardi
3rd or B level prospect
Sorry to break it to you buddy, but from one leafs fan to another, this deal isn't happening. Vinny provides more leadership in Tampa and is still worth more than cap dumps. A prospect for mid-level prospect isn't enough to buy that. Also, the Leafs DONT want Vinny... can you imagine if the Leafs had Vinny AND Luongo?!?!?

mokspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #19
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
lmao

and then the Leafs fans saying no...

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #20
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
The strict criteria for which Leaf fans have bestowed on their never ending search for a #1 center has become downright comical. Everyone that's proposed isn't fast enough, isn't young enough, is overpaid, is shoot first, etc.

Here's a newsflash...you're not getting the exact #1 center that you're hoping to get. Those guys are all taken by other teams, and because they're so rare and coveted, they're likely not going to be available.

This trade is so absurdly lopsided in the Leafs favor it's not even funny, not to mention the fact that fills a major whole in the lineup, and yet it's still viewed as bad for the Leafs. It's fascinating.
This post is downright comical. God forbid you actually address a need with a specific player type and not just make a trade for the sake of making a trade. A "settle" mentality is what brought this franchise Connolly after Richards was off the market, and we know how that's worked out. Really, your first paragraph is just astoundingly ignorant. Like, wow.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:18 PM
  #21
81Leafs50
Registered User
 
81Leafs50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Another example of Leafs fans proposing scraps for a star.
You need to put down the crack pipe, if you think Lecavalier is a star.

Just cause he gets paid like one, doesn't mean he is one!

81Leafs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:35 PM
  #22
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
I;'m sorry why do we want a guy whose numbers have been drooping for 3 years

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  #23
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
You need to put down the crack pipe, if you think Lecavalier is a star.

Just cause he gets paid like one, doesn't mean he is one!
Just so all you Leaf fans are clear... this is Vinny's stats for the last 5 seasons over an 82 game season:


Games PlayedGoalsAssistsPoints
82314374

If that's not recent enough for you, last 2 years:

Games PlayedGoalsAssistsPoints
82303665

Lecavalier is a very good player. His contract sucks because it's so long, but this proposal is absolutely laughable. The fact that Leaf fans are saying no when you desperately need a center (and have needed one for years) is just typical Leaf Fan Mentality.

Brutal.

EDIT: This guy gets it:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
The strict criteria for which Leaf fans have bestowed on their never ending search for a #1 center has become downright comical. Everyone that's proposed isn't fast enough, isn't young enough, is overpaid, is shoot first, etc.

Here's a newsflash...you're not getting the exact #1 center that you're hoping to get. Those guys are all taken by other teams, and because they're so rare and coveted, they're likely not going to be available.

This trade is so absurdly lopsided in the Leafs favor it's not even funny, not to mention the fact that fills a major whole in the lineup, and yet it's still viewed as bad for the Leafs. It's fascinating.
You guys just don't have the assets to get a top-end, young, properly paid, center - unless you're moving Kessel which I am quite sure you are not.

Get with the program.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:43 PM
  #24
sayheykid
Registered User
 
sayheykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
It's funny how "Vinny sucks" and "he's washed up", but somehow he ends up in at least two trade proposals a day none of which are started by Lightning fans. This one is particularly nice though. We give up our captain for crap. Expensive crap at that. No thanks.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #25
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Because it's absolute robbery for the Leafs...that's why. This is a horrible trade for Tampa. Just horrible.
The hideen value is that Tampa would have all that salary coming off their books after this season.

If they had much rockier ownership like say Phoenix, maybe something like this would happen, but since I think they are fairly stable (though running on an internal cap) they would never make this move.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.