HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark

Old
10-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Enlighten

vCash: 500
Linus Omark

i'm actually kinda curious what kind of value he has to other teams. As much as I love his talent he needs to play a top 6 role to be effective at this level! The oilers top 6 is becoming quite crowded and I believe if they move Omark a certain Finn can step right in and be more effective playing on the 3rd line RW. So what's his value to you guys? I'm especially interested in a team like like NSH that could use some OFFENSIVE spark.

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:44 AM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Franson or Aulie

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Pretty low. Not all that good offensively and bad defensively. High on style, low on substance.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

I'm still bamboozled why people are amazed by that spin he did on the blue line.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Enlighten

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
Franson or Aulie
WOW we'll take Aulie and laugh all the way home where do I sign?

Seriously man I don't think you know what have in Aulie even oilers fans know he gonna be a gooder.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:12 AM
bestofthebest
Rookie User

If Oilers want to showcase his skills, they would move Omark to the Top 6 position, instead of him playing with 33 years old - Eric Belanger.

Eric Belanger... lol

bestofthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
WOW we'll take Aulie and laugh all the way home where do I sign?

Seriously man I don't think you know what have in Aulie even oilers fans know he gonna be a gooder.
And obviously you dont know what you have in Omark...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Enlighten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
And obviously you dont know what you have in Omark...
Don't get me wrong Omark is an amazing talent as I said before either way you look at it he's not a top 6 forward on the oilers! Do you not agree that
Gagner
Hemsky
Prv
Hall
RNH
Eberle

are better fit for top 6 duties before Omark?

Old
10-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
Don't get me wrong Omark is an amazing talent as I said before either way you look at it he's not a top 6 forward on the oilers! Do you not agree that
Gagner
Hemsky
Prv
Hall
RNH
Eberle

are better fit for top 6 duties before Omark?
Better because given a better opportunity... Omark has been in the doghose since he got to Edmonton... But enough about that, nothing would please me more then to see Omark traded. But Id say his trade value is pretty low, dont expect to get a top 2 D-man for him...

Old
10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Low. Omark is highly overrated by Oilers fans. He wouldn't even fetch a 1st.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonIsOnTheRoofAgain View Post
neither would more than 3/4 of the players in the league ...

i have never been a fan of Omark, not enough offensive ability to score, and is below average defensively ...

maybe a team may give up a 2nd if they feel that he could strive in their team environment ....

i could see Anaheim interested in him

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
neither would more than 3/4 of the players in the league ...

i have never been a fan of Omark, not enough offensive ability to score, and is below average defensively ...

maybe a team may give up a 2nd if they feel that he could strive in their team environment ....

i could see Anaheim interested in him
No, I agree. Just the way Oilers fans value their own prospects seems a tad... unrealistic.

I would think Nashville would be more interested than Anaheim. They might give a second. Though I would see his value as closer to 3rd...

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Wheatking

I love Omark supporters. He's not getting an opportunity? Only Hall, Eberle and RNH are averaging more time on the powerplay than him. He's played exactly 14 minutes with the man advantage and doesn't have a point.

The reality is that he has 5 goals, 27 points and is -18 in 56 games...and about 10 of those points came during a 10 game hot streak at the end of last season when no one was taking the Oilers seriously.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:24 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Quote:
Better because given a better opportunity... Omark has been in the doghose since he got to Edmonton... But enough about that, nothing would please me more then to see Omark traded. But Id say his trade value is pretty low, dont expect to get a top 2 D-man for him...
Oh it's you again. Omark has such influence with Scandanavian hockey fans, he is almost a god like figure. Not producing in the NHL? Blame the coach or the organization. Omark has been given everything on a plate and he still cannot produce.

He is not a top 6 NHL forward.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I love Omark supporters. He's not getting an opportunity? Only Hall, Eberle and RNH are averaging more time on the powerplay than him. He's played exactly 14 minutes with the man advantage and doesn't have a point.

The reality is that he has 5 goals, 27 points and is -18 in 56 games...and about 10 of those points came during a 10 game hot streak at the end of last season when no one was taking the Oilers seriously.
LoL name one other prospect on the oilers current roster that had to prove himself as much as Omark has.

And you do realize that Omark been playing with stonehands PRV all his time in Edmonton... Yet Magnus has a sure spot on the team... I dont know how many setups Omark has given Magnus to have him fan on them...

Old
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Oh it's you again. Omark has such influence with Scandanavian hockey fans, he is almost a god like figure. Not producing in the NHL? Blame the coach or the organization. Omark has been given everything on a plate and he still cannot produce.

He is not a top 6 NHL forward.
Ofcourse you would think that, he hasnt even played on the 2nd line...

Old
10-23-2011, 11:34 AM
oilers92

Quote:
LoL name one other prospect on the oilers current roster that had to prove himself as much as Omark has.

And you do realize that Omark been playing with stonehands PRV all his time in Edmonton... Yet Magnus has a sure spot on the team... I dont know how many setups Omark has given Magnus to have him fan on them...
mps can actually play defense instead of looking like a liability all the time, that and mps' best games this yr have been when omark was benched, omark is not good enough right now and doesn't have the pedigree to be given a spot like others

and for reference hemsky was benched a lot when he got here, hartikainen had a good last bit and had a good training camp
yeh hall/rnh got their ice time a bit easier but they also produced a lot more

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
mps can actually play defense instead of looking like a liability all the time, that and mps' best games this yr have been when omark was benched, omark is not good enough right now and doesn't have the pedigree to be given a spot like others

and for reference hemsky was benched a lot when he got here, hartikainen had a good last bit and had a good training camp
yeh hall/rnh got their ice time a bit easier but they also produced a lot more
Shouldnt Magnus be on the D then? We are talking about producing offense, atleast that is what I am talking about, and you bring up how good Magnus is defensivly...?

Old
10-23-2011, 11:44 AM
joe89

I'm predicting neither Omark or Paajarvi will be in Edmonton for very long. Omark will be released eventually for peanuts and Paajarvi for defense. Paajarvi can play 3rd line but without being physical that's not where he'll blossom, Oilers have others in the system more suitable for that.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Shouldnt Magnus be on the D then? We are talking about producing offense, atleast that is what I am talking about, and you bring up how good Magnus is defensivly...?
Come on now... They're talking about their overall value to the team as players. Obviously Paajarvi comes out far ahead.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
?

a huge part of being a good forward is being able to play defense ...

take Phil Kessel as an example ... before this year i was eager to ship him out for a good 2-way player... but now that Kessel has improved drastically defensively (and offensively) his value has increased substantially

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Omark hasn't been producing nearly enough offense to be irresponsible defensively. Pajaarvi hasn't been producing offense, but at least he has been good in his own zone.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:59 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonIsOnTheRoofAgain View Post
Almost all of us agree with you last statement, so I don't think he is overrated by us. We know he has been a fringe NHL'er at best and we won't get a ton in trade for him. The issue is that the Oil don't really need more picks and prospects, so until they find someone to take two or three of our pieces and give us one good one back, I don't think we're making any trades.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Omark hasn't been producing nearly enough offense to be irresponsible defensively. Pajaarvi hasn't been producing offense, but at least he has been good in his own zone.
PRV is overated imo by OIL fans he is good at backchecking but every other part of his game is so average at best. I remember how many arguments I had with fellow Oiler fans who thought he was going to be a 70 point player in the NHL, comparing Forsberg and Kopitars SEL points at same age . He will maybe hit 50 points once in his career and he gets so many free passes on his play by OIL fans. He has done squat this year.

Last edited by Oilmageddon*: 10-23-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
PRV is overated imo by OIL fans he is good at backchecking but every other part of his game is so average at best. I remember how many arguments I had with fellow Oiler fans who thought he was going to be a 70 point player in the NHL, comparing Forsberg and Kopitars SEL points at same age . He will maybe hit 50 points once in his career and he gets so many free passes on his play by OIL fans. He has done squat this year.
"So many free passes"? He's exactly one year into his career at the age of 20.

He'll be just fine. His offensive tools are quite evident and he'll be very fun to watch in the near future.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote